(5-MeO-2,N,N-TMT, 27 mg) First time - Not fully like 5-MeO-DMT

allium

Bluelight Crew
Chemical: 5-methoxy-2,N,N-trimethyltryptamine
Date of the experience: 14.04.11
Compounds I had been taking daily during the time of the experience:
Piracetam(1200-1600 mg)
Vinpocetin(10-15 mg)

Days from the last substance use: 5(4-AcO-DMT, 22 mg)
Dose: ~12 mg followed by 15 mg after 40 minutes
Weight: 58 kg
Height: 184 cm
Set: I came after a day of study, in the good mood, inclined to trip. Then I had difficult time to decide which chemical is more suitable for this day, and finally I stopped on this rarity - 5-MeO-TMT. I planned to take it intranasally, because oral doses, stated by Shulgin in TiHKAL are quite wasteful.
Then I spent 30 minutes reading all available information on 5-MeO-TMT(not very much), and some information about snorting 5-MeO-AMT(it should be quite different chemical, but its structure has similarity with 5-MeO-TMT).
I decided to start low, with 12 mg and take more if I would need to and everything is alright.

The trip.
T+0:00 I insufflate my 12 mg, and my body instantly responds with raise of heart rate. I love this feeling, it reminds me of cinematic moments of snorting. The drug stings, but not badly, and far less than 5-MeO-DMT.
T+0:01 I move my hand, and notice a trail after it. Wow!
T+0:02 Come up is quite fast. Some other visual activity, and when I close my eyes, I can see random patterns(similar to my hypnagogic patterns) -- but nothing serious.
T+0:04 Something is clearly different in my head, but it is difficult to say what exactly. I'm chatting with my mother on ICQ, we have a nice conversation, and 5-MeO-TMT doesn't really alter it.
T+0:09 I turn on headphones and start listening to various music... and it sounds amazing! I can see more visulals(OEVs as well as CEVs), texture on the walls looks sharper and it "patterns". As it is usual for me on 5-MeO-T's, I experience slight synaesthesia. I feel a bit out of myself in 5-MeO-DMT way, and I enjoy this. I am more relaxed rather than stmulated. No bodyload, and no nausea -- and this exceed all my expectations, because I thought this chemical should be harsher on body than its parent compound - 5-MeO-DMT. +2, maybe +2.5, still coming up. Additional dose wouldn't hurt, even if it leaves me tripping hard. I wouldn't mind tripping balls in this way.
T+0:18 I see a (real) cockroach on the wall. I don't like them, so I take a bottle and start haunting for it, noticing that my motor skills and attention are definitely not impaired(and maybe even improved slightly). I watch for it very attentively, preparing for a strike. Ten seconds, and the moment came: I hit, but miss it - insects have pretty good reaction. The cockroach take a move to hide, but my second hit is successful.
T+0:21 I come back to my room, thinking "THATS ANICE CHEM!", and thinking that "thinking in english gives me very strange feeling". English isn't my native language, but I can think in both english and russian. So sometimes I think in two languages simultaneously.
Oh well, I feel very good at this point, but I am no more coming up.
T+0:35 I measure out 15 mg of this material, my hands are trembling slightly, but I do all measurements accurately.
T+0:41 I had been thinking about my "addiction" to psychedelics. Well, maybe it is not a real addiction, but I really do them too often. I snort the second dose.
T+0:46 There is an increase in the effects, and I reach +3.
T+0:48 WOW, I notice a middle-sized swirl left to me. Reflexly I turn my head, but it disappears. This drug is more visual than 5-MeO-DMT, but not significantly. The dose is pretty easy to handle, but it is enough for the first time.
T+0:50 Listening to music and looking at the lyrics on the computer display put me in somewhat alienated state. I start feeling a bit physically uncomfortable, so I lie on my bed. And this is when the most interesting part of the trip starts... The mindspace reminds me of my 2C-E trips. Thoughts are poorly connected, logical constructions are strange. Too bad I am writing this TR several weeks later, so it is difficult to remember all thoughts. There is some interesting realization, and I'd like share it with you.

At one moment, I feel like my personality is blended with personality of my girlfriend. This is not a complete displacement, which I had on other MeO's(5-MeO-MiPT or 5-MeO-DMT), and it feels somewhat unnatural and plastic. But few days later, integrating this experience, I will realize why I associate 5-MeO-tryptamines with my girlfriend. Yes, such empathy plays major role. Of course, there are other reasons: 5-MeO-tryptamines are reaaaly sexy, and very, very good if I take them together with her... But this is a different story. :)
The models of personalities that we all have in our heads are quite something, and I never thought of them in this way before this trip.

T+1:15 Sudden drop in the effects, literaly like someone turned off trippy trigger in my head.
T+1:24 There is a feeling of lonelity, I realize that I am (very?) different from vaaast majority of people. It is melancholic feeling which has nothing to do with elitism.
I dream about changing my life completely and moving to another city, or, better, to another country. At least for a while.
Yeah, 5-MeO-TMT brought to the surface something .
T+1:38 My body is weakened, and my head aches. The chemical is still in my system, but all positive effects are gone.
T+1:50 Not very enthusiastic, I decide to take a nap.
T+3:02 Wow, I was able to sleep! Soon after waking up, I feel a lot better. Slight headache is still there, and I am weakened, but not to such extent.
T+3:10 I stare at the wall, which moves slightly and my mind becomes distracted for a few seconds. I conclude that I am still under the influence of 5-MeO-TMT, but nothing profound can be obtained from this state.
T+3:40 I had a wonderful conversation with my friends! Headache is passed.
T+4:00 I walk the streets, approaching baseline.
T+5:00 Back to baseline, still feeling afterglow effects.

Aftereffects.
It is strange, but 5-MeO-TMT intesified my HPPD-like symptoms. I don't consider it a problem, but people, who are prone to HPPD, should be cautious when taking this compound.

Conclusion and brief overview.
This compound isn't "watered down" version of 5-MeO-DMT, it is insteresting and have its own unique effects. It certainly worth further exploration, and I am going to experiment with this compound more. The next time I'll take ~30-35 mg in a single dose, as redosing 5-MeO-t's changes the character of experience.
- 5-MeO-TMT was quite short-acting, after 5 hours I felt nothing but slight afterglow. I guess this is due to my ROA - intranasal. Perhaps orally it lasts longer.
- The trip had strange structure: the first part was enjoyable, and the second part was "crappy", not very bad or negative, just "crappy", more physically than mentally. The change from the first part to the second was rapid: no more than 20 minutes.
- 5-MeO-TMT has unique flavour of 5-MeO-tryptamines, as well as similarities with "normal"/"classical" psychedelics(common 2Cs, common 4-substituted tryptamines).

substancecode_5meotmt
substancecode_tryptamines
explevel_firsttime
roacode_nasal
exptype_positive
exptype_difficult

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report ! I haven't seen this little gem around annnywhere. It's good to have as much knowledge on it as possible !

^ Thanks! :)
I wouldn't have enough motivation to finish this report, if the compound was common.

Wow – very intriguing molecule! I'm gonna have to look into this one.

Great report allium. :)

I had written this one of as a dud, based on the limited info available.
I think I have to get myself a sample now.:)

Great report allium. I am going to nominate this one for our Trip Report of the Month Contest as this is a rare gem and an excellent report.

Awesome report! your reports are always really detailed and structured well. I liked the part about thinking in 2 languages at the same time - fascinating!