• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

5 days clean off of opiates....

crunchyplanets

Bluelighter
Hello all! Dear ol' bluelight. .it has been a while!

Well, the past 3 years i have been addicted to pain pills. It started as a way to get past the mental abuse of my now exhusband. I left him last year. I have tried sobriety before. The longest it lasted was 10 months before i got a tooth pulled and got sucked back into addiction.

I started out taking maybe 4 7.5mgs a day of hydrocodone. And that was ok, for 2 years, with the 10 month break in between and whatnot. I got put on zoloft after i left my husband, and my dosage skyrocketed. I started taking 70-80 mgs a day of oxy or hydros.

I have let go of responsibilities, i have been nasty to family and friends, i have neglected my daughter, i have brought her with me to buy drugs (shes 4), i have become unmotivated in life....when i was taking them.

Now, im 5 days clean. All there is now are (tmi) the shits, some rls, and i was depressed but it seems to have diminished greatly.

Do you think i am over the hump? I slept about 4 hours last night, got up and showered and then slept another 3.

I do say that I feel better everyday, day 1 to 3 were pure hell to what i feel now. I even worked the first day, 9 and a half hours. Ive been off the last 3 days now. I do get bored here and there so i sit in a hot bath for 10 mins, watch tv, clean, have a cigarette, or take a drive and see some family. Ive apologized to everyone i have hurt. I came clean with my boyfriend now and he is nothing but supportive, holding me while i sobbed for 3 days straight.

Anyways, think im over the "hump"?

It sounds like you're over the hump (which is normally around day 3-4 for people coming off short acting opioids). Things will probably ebb and flow here on out, but it certainly shouldn't get any worse.

In terms of some of the symptoms you're still experiencing, have you tried loperamide for the GI issues? Tiger Balm applied to the legs after a hot bath/shower also can work really well for RLS if applied right before bed.

You're a trooper, as it sounds like you're powering through most of this. It is wonderful to hear you have a supportive partner and it seems like your family is willing to help you in your efforts. Have you thought about getting any other kinds of support in your endeavors?

It also sounds like boredom may be a challenge in the future, but at least you have a job and loved ones to help keep you busy. Keep your head up, it will continue getting better.

Expect your sleep to start improving soon :)

It sounds like you're over the hump (which is normally around day 3-4 for people coming off short acting opioids). Things will probably ebb and flow here on out, but it certainly shouldn't get any worse.

In terms of some of the symptoms you're still experiencing, have you tried loperamide for the GI issues? Tiger Balm applied to the legs after a hot bath/shower also can work really well for RLS if applied right before bed.

You're a trooper, as it sounds like you're powering through most of this. It is wonderful to hear you have a supportive partner and it seems like your family is willing to help you in your efforts. Have you thought about getting any other kinds of support in your endeavors?

It also sounds like boredom may be a challenge in the future, but at least you have a job and loved ones to help keep you busy. Keep your head up, it will continue getting better.

Expect your sleep to start improving soon :)

Hey! Thanks for the reply. It is now day 6. My friend has oxy 10s...but im not gonna cave. Nope, i messaged her to let her know i will be 6 days clean, so please dont message me about them. ...hopefully she heeds this warning.

So i worked last night, and boy im sore today. I do a lot of walking at my job, so my legs are very achy, and i didnt sleep so so great. 5 and a half hours, but i guess thats better than none. I just feel physically drained. Maybe this is just normal though, maybe my job will always make me sore, but i always numbed the pain so now i need to get used to it again.

Anyways, feels good to have money in the bank, im gonna get some family some easter stuff : chocolates, flowers, baskets, whatever. Pay some bills.

So mentally i want to stay away, physically i feel like shit again.

Im sorry for the long post. Im not thinking so well haha.

I like your tiger balm idea..but i think im going to actually get some "blue emu", i forgot all about it, you helped me remember, so thank you!

Well, cheers to another day of sobriety.

Sounds like you're doing really well. Congratulations on the great progress.

The issue with your friend texting you brings up a tough but important question. Do you have any plans in place to help you get through the psychological part of of recovery? For example, are there people you may need to break ties with? Similarly, have you ever thought about trying something like an outpatient rehab program? A growing number of hospitals/clinics in the US offer these kinds of things...of course the quality of them varies. But for many people, having some structure and external support in your recovery can make a huge difference.

If you have any questions about these kinds of issues, feel free to ask!
Sim