• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 4fa/5apb followed by 3mmc/4mec

Lizardfina

Greenlighter
Hello! I'm pretty sure this belongs in OD and not BDD. Cathinone discussion happens here, as far as I can tell, and this seems too complicated for BDD. Basically I have some questions about a combination of stimulants I took about four or five years ago.

I was going through a really reckless low point, and basically didn't care about potential risks. I ordered something called the Alegria joy pack (four vials of brightly coloured liquids containing who knows what or how much). There was very little info on the website -- just a description of effects and lengths. According to the website, each vial contained either two medium doses or one strong dose. I know this sounds like the dumbest thing someone could do, and at this point in my life, I fully agree. Do not do what I did! Know what you're buying, buy it from a trusted source, test it, weigh it, etc. Don't ever play guessing games with doses and combos!

Anyway. I knew I wanted to take the red vial (described as an energetic stimulant) on one night, and the purple vial (a longer acting psychedelic stimulant) the next night. When the vials arrived, they were unfortunately not labelled -- probably to avoid issues with customs -- and I could not tell which was supposed to be red and which was purple. The plastic vials weren't translucent enough to see the colours properly.

I drank what I thought was the red vial (the entire vial, even though I am sensitive to stimulants and usually need less), and realized hours later that it had obviously been the purple vial. I ended up finally sleeping about 12 hours in, pupils still fully dilated. That was 10am.

I woke around 9pm, pupils still blown and feeling pretty shitty, and somehow convinced myself it was a great idea to drink the entire red vial. I was sitting on the sofa when it hit, and my first thought was "this feels *really* goooooood", followed quickly by "oh, god, I've made a terrible mistake". I had just enough time to grab the bowl in front of me before vomiting uncontrollably and repeatedly.

There's a distinct difference between feeling nauseous because "I'm having way too much fun right now" and "I've poisoned myself", and at the time, it definitely did not feel like the first option. I'm not sure how I made it through the night, but I remember standing with my hands under running water for possibly hours, trying to ground myself.

The next day I was incredibly depressed,and had to call friends to stay with me as I was borderline suicidal which was not at all typical for me.

I learned later that the purple vial (night one) was a 4fa/5apb combo, and the red vial (night two) was a 3mmc/4mec combo

I was sure I had experienced symptoms of seretonin syndrome at the time, but now I wonder if maybe I was just overstimulated and responded badly. Was I just overreacting and freaking out about an intense experience, or had I actually endangered myself? Exactly how much danger was I in, if at all? I know at this point it's unlikely I'll ever know for sure, and I should just be grateful that this experience helped me get my shit together as well as changed my attitudes for the better regarding dosing and sourcing, but I like having answers ?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Yep. 5apb combos with long lasting stimulants can be like that. People compare it to mdma but it's really not, other than some similarities in peak effects. Overall it's a much dirtier drug and I've found it to be a crapshoot with whether it'll play well with others or not. Alot of people don't enjoy 4-fa either even though it's likened to a ritzier version of amphetamine. It's too monging/uncomfortably serotonergic to some, and I don't think it's necessarily that certain people enjoy certain effects, it's just seems to effect some strongly in an uncomfortable shitty fashion especially with a combo like that.

You tried a combo of 4 different drugs, all rc's and all highly potent psychostimulants. You're right to be worried but honestly it's on par for the course for mixing unknown doses like that. A double dose of something like 5-apb is much more strenuous on the mind, as well as increases the duration and side effects, to a much greater extent than a double dose of 3-mec which only lasts a few hours. If you had done research about it beforehand you would know. It sucks that this had to be your introduction to rc's but then again it's the fault of whoever manufactured this product without labelling it correctly.

Just get plenty of rest and fluids and see a doctor if you feel the need to, but barring anything crazy happening or you getting even more depressed than you are now before you get better, I think you will be fine within a week or so.

Hey, thanks for the info! Just wanted to throw it out there that I mentioned this happened four or five years ago, at a time I didn't care about what I was taking. I might have researched if I had had any idea what I was drinking, but like I said, they were unlabelled.

I'm much more responsible now, btw, as a direct result of that night. Also, these were not my first RCs nor were they my last (I'm a big fan of psychedelics used as tools for growth and personal reflection/exploration).

I literally just got curious about whether or not I was overstimulated on that night several years ago, or legitimately in physical danger due to seretonin syndrome. If anyone can offer some explanations about which is more likely, that would be great!

Just kind of wanted an idea of what was going on re: neurochemistry.