• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

4 ish years on gabapentinoids - closer than ever to being clean

soulwentmia

Bluelighter
This question is directed towards folks who had direct experience with those drugs so please don't just give your two cents. For almost two years i've been on phenibut, shit got ugly and a doc put me on lyrica. I started to take insane multi gram doses and went up and down for another year or so. Then i got stable on at least 2400mg gabapentin at that time and 100mg of baclofen. I went lower and lower, now being at 1-2 x 300mg gaba a day and 1x 25 mg baclofen.

Shouldn't i just drop down to zero already? Feels like i'm beating around the bush. But I had this past weekend a day or two of 2400-3200mg gaba and i guess that's what makes me afraid. What di you guys think? I kinda feel i should drop it and though it out for like what...5 days? After the hell I experienced rebounding from heavy phen use and withdrawing from huge lyrica doses I doubt this will by anything but slightly uncomfortable.

I kinda feel i should drop it and tough it out for like what...5 days? After the hell I experienced rebounding from heavy phen use and withdrawing from huge lyrica doses I doubt this will by anything but slightly uncomfortable.

The withdrawal will definitely last longer than 5 days.

If you've switched from phenibut to lyrica and then to gabapentin + baclofen, you never really fully experienced withdrawal from that original phenibut. And 25mg a day of baclofen + 600mg of gabapentin is far too much to just cold turkey, especially given the history you described.

I went from high doses of lyrica then switched to gabapentin and tapered off and quit far too fast. I was mostly fine during the day but could barely sleep at all at night. This went on for a long time and I finally gave up and got some phenibut.

Much like with benzodiazepines, when it come to gabapentinoids, rushing the tapering process will result in failure/unnecessary pain.

Shouldn't i just drop down to zero already?
Not in my experience with gabapentinoids or basically any other substance taken for extended periods and relatively high doses.
Taper as advised and save yourself a lot of unnecessary torment.
Would you rather jump from a tenth floor window or second level one?

In between those times i had periods when i was fully ok on small doses but I'Ll take this into consideration and taper slower. Thks