Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-HO-DiPT (20mg) -- First Time -- +4 Aces: circa

at&C

Bluelighter
4+ Aces : 4HO DIPT circa 20mg

4+ Aces : 4HO DIPT circa 20mg

My main reason for writing up this report is the feeling on having taken this drug that it has been somewhat misrepresented, although it may simply be that I’d formed a different mental conception of what the experience would be like reading the accounts of others. The accounts I’d read for the most part described it in terms of sensuality, empathy, and as a non-visual, body orientated sort of experience, and so I expected a mild MDMA/2CB kind of trip. But judging by my first encounter, it seems capable of producing a profound and beautiful psychedelic experience that offers a level of insight into self and world comparable to mushrooms or LSD.

Anyway, ingest 20mg eyeballed (no lectures please!) with a trusted companion, first alert is felt within 10-15 minutes- colours heightened, trees, grass and the plants that line the river bank shimmer in electric shades of green. The season’s turning, autumn on the way, fruit and berries on the trees and bushes are vivid crimson. Feels very like mushrooms at this point, some uneasiness in the stomach, and an alteration in the ratio between inside and outside; the outside is taking over, my mental space is shrinking as the external world becomes the internal. This is going to be good...

Forced to walk through a housing estate to get to the next patch of green in the city. Immediately aware of the level of stress and suspicion that permeates our society, of the constant and exhausting demand that we present ourselves in a certain way and of how this depletes our essence. The modern houses look fake, unreal, of no more substance than stage props; the air is filled with the noxious fumes of barbecues. All this is illusion, but illusion is our home. Are we really talking like this? Shit we only took this drug some 30 mins ago!

Our sense of scale is quite disrupted at this point, cars seem tiny, trees squat, pavements incredibley narrow and cramped, the camber of the roads ridicously exaggerated. Arrive in the ‘nature reserve’, a small, hidden, piece of woodland in the heart of the city, penned in by houses, industrial estates and motorways. The sense of relief at being amidst
nature is total. Everything, the grass and leaves, light and shadow through branches, is welcoming, living, soothing. Amazed at the divine, living intelligence of nature, the incredible artistry of a flower or a seed, the strength and wisdom of trees. But melancholy too, this little patch is all that’s left and yet in this state of mind it’s hard to see how we could afford to forsake this for the benefits of our society.

By 1.5 hours we are swallowed up in gob smacked pantheistic rapture, how beautiful and pure are living things. We both keep repeating ourselves ‘My god I NEVER expected it to be like this’ ‘this stuff is amazing’ etc, etc. At one point we find ourselves thinking that everybody should have a little of this and the world would be a better place! Immediately collapse in laughter, can we really be coming out with this clichéd hippie bullshit? yet it seems so obvious, so true. Our journey takes us beneath some electricity pylons, we can feel with visceral certainty the way they disrupt our energy fields, there have to be better ways of moving and generating power than this. Find ourselves thinking about technology, we need to follow nature and find a better synergy between our technical systems and the ecological systems in which were constituted.

At 2 hours we lie amid long grass as buttercups cup the light, amazed that a synthetic compound like this can bring one so close to nature. We are both filled with an immense sense of gratitude for the experience, giving thanks to the forces that have provided this much-needed encounter. The irony does not escape us that the forces that pollute and ravage the world are the forces that have allowed the experience, this leads to the contemplation of a whole range of inescapable paradoxes and compromises and the difficulty in finding a way out or of changing the world we live in. We are deeply reluctant leave this place and face the abrasive ‘real world’ once more. We resolve to try and be the best people we can, even though we know that within a week all this will be a distant memory, the world that now seems so fake will soon be real, and this real world an illusion.

The come down is slow and rapturous; we seem to have enjoyed the sense of insight and renewal that follows a +4 ego loss experience without having lost our egos. Throughout the experience our train of thought has gone unbroken, this is wonderfully calm and centring stuff. We are warm and whole, much laughter and joy as we slide toward exhaustion. The lingering effects seem to last somewhat longer than the account of the compound in Phikal suggest, Shulgin describes himself as ‘totally together’ at 3 hours, whereas we arrive at this point some five hours after ingestion.

To conclude, this is a brilliant compound. In the right circumstances it seems capable a delivering a profound, revelatory psychedelic experience, filling the mind with rich and complex questions while at the same time returning one to nature and the intuitive balance that is the Flow. It is gentle yet strong, a gnosis that comes on doves’ feet, rather than the apocalyptic clarion call of high dose acid or DMT. It is of course difficult having only tried it once to separate those qualities that are specific to Iprocin and those that were the product of a singular event; only further experimentation will reveal its full character.

Peace.

excellent report....

my excitement of testing this compound is growing by the trip report....

however, i might suggest that this experience that was much more than was expected, might have come by taking more of the chemical than thought....just my 2 cents, I'm not one to preach on eyeballing...

I'm sure your right Goanaut, eyeballing might well be the cause of our response. I know that a few posts have suggested that just a few mgs above 20 is enough to take this one into spectacular territory.

Very nice report, too bad we don't know exactly how much you took :p ,
especially considering the contrast in experience with the other report on 20 mgs..

No negative somatic effects at all during the experience. Some lassitude for about 48 hours after, otherwise fine. The impression was that its fairly non-toxic stuff, though further experience might prove that to be mistaken.

Won't bring up the silly eyeballing mistajke... ;) But it was an enjoyable report anyway!

Cool experience we can show admiration for old gems I hope.

Funny lil story once I was working at Savers super thrift store and a boss complimented my work by calling me Aces like you're Aces kid after finishing a task that was bothering her or something on the same day I was expecting this in the mail kind of found it freaky tbh well right around when it was coming or had come but I had not dosed yet already ordered

Crazy perception changes there!

I remember reading on Erowid an experienced psychonaut spoke of this as not being so visual for them but simply bringing them right into the Zen of the matter they said pretty much

Last edited: