• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 4 days and counting CT off suboxone

I just emailed my cousin's doctor for my cousin. I think he was worried that if he came clean to his doctor about his use of oxy
that he may get in some sort of trouble. He emailed his doctor the other day but was not upfront and honest and tried to get a lighter
prescription for pain medicine from the doctor. the doctor wanted to give him some anti inflammatory prescription drug because of this so
I told my cousin it would be best to go ahead and tell the doc he had been struggling with oxy meds and what he really wanted was a prescription of some sort to help him get the fuck off the meds. pain meds is not what he wants he wants meds to help him get the hell off the pain meds

you follow me cody ? what do you think ? do you think his doctor will help or will he be forced to figure this shit out on his own and try to set up some sort of tapering off program himself which will very likely result in failure.

Thanks Cody
you know it totally depends on the doctor and his history and relationship with the doctor. i can't say for sure. some doctors without the proper patient history might be hesitant to issue prescriptions for benzodiazepines or hypnotics due to their addictive nature. the doctor might also not trust him to use those medications responsibly based on the current drug habit. i think it's a toss up. i got my clonidine from my doc because i was in a maintenance program and started detox. no harm in trying. your cousin needs help from someone so hopefully the doc understands he can be that guy. i hope things work out for your cousin.

okay, well we will see what his doctor says. Thanks you have been helpful and I am glad this forum is here.

okay, well we will see what his doctor says. Thanks you have been helpful and I am glad this forum is here.
great. i'm happy to be of any kind of assistance. hope all works out

Tell "your cousin" that he absolutely will not and cannot get in any kind of "trouble" for admitting to an opioid addiction. Since it seems like the doctor is hesitant to prescribe anything that will be of any actual use for withdrawal anyway then you (sorry "your cousin") haven't got much to lose by admitting to opioid use. The worst that can happen is that it gets put on your confidential medical records and it may make it difficult in the future to get prescribed opioids. This doesn't apply in all circumstances, but if you get your opiates on the street then the same connections may be able to yield benzos which will make the detox infinitely easier. Also, have you actually tried to stop yet? There's a chance that since you've only been using for 6 weeks, and especially if you've never had an opioid dependence before, then you may find that you can stop taking them and experience little to no withdrawal.

Thanks for the offer cody, I'll be sure to check in while I'm detoxing. I'm nervous but excited to start - eagerly awaiting next week for when I'll have the supplies!

Thanks for the offer cody, I'll be sure to check in while I'm detoxing. I'm nervous but excited to start - eagerly awaiting next week for when I'll have the supplies!
it's quite the ride but it starts to feel better as each day passes. we all have the power in us i know you can do it.