Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

4-AcO-DMT - New Experience - The plants are singing

Jblazingphoenix100

Ex-Bluelighter
OK so, having acquired 100mg of this substance, I decided to take a reasonably good dose - 14mg is what I decided upon.

I weighed out 2 capsules of 14mg, then took one with a glass of water. I had some emails and calls to make, so I did them and just tried to forget about having taken chems, as I was quite nervous for some reason.

After about 15 minutes I started to notice that chemical feeling in my system - the one where your eyes feel a bit different (like pressure), and a strange, but very slight sensation through the body.

About 25 minutes after taking my capsule, I got some waves of nausea, some pretty noticeable stimulation all over the body (particularly in the fingertips), and I felt my eyeballs shift, as if my pupils had dilated a lot.

Another 5 minutes and textures on pictures/wallpaper in my bedroom started rippling, oscillating beautifully - moire than just my peripheral vision now.
I started to get intermittent flashing colours of orange and yellowy red - like when you look at the sun for just a second too long..I'm liking this.

The nausea died down pretty quickly, and all the effects slowed down and almost disappeared - what a tease!!
I stood up, drank some water, and headed downstairs to do the dishes...I had asked my bro if he could do them before as I wasn't sure how hard this would hit me, but it seemed very manageable, so I washed the dishes and opened the back door.

Into the sun!! Peering up at the sun through squinted eyes, I stretched a big upward yoga stretch and looked into the garden.
WOAH.
The trees and bushes, the Tulips and other flowers jumped out at me - like different layers of my perception - they were prominent.
The wind was blowing and the flowers and branches of the trees started to dance, and as soon as I saw this - faces appeared in all living greenery - like the "face" in a Snapdragon...And they started to silently sing!! The sun was making them dance and sing, and I started to smile a big grin uncontrollably, waves of sensation crawling across my skin and senses.

Colours didn't seem much brighter/different, just the plants stood out more than usual(usually, for me on psychedelics, like 2C-B/-I, the trees and bushes stand out but in cartoony pixelation or pointillism) - this started to feel REALLY organic and natural for me.

I walked back into the house and went and saw my brother - told him he should get out into the sunshine, and all of a sudden just felt that he really didn't wanna be around me on drugs, so I closed his door and left him alone...finished the dishes.

Went upstairs feeling great, noticed SLIGHT time dilation, for instance what felt like 5 minutes was more like 10-12...nothing too major though. I decided I wanted music, and I wanted to eat soon as I felt like I wasn't coming up anymore...

I put my itunes onto shuffle and the first song that came on was "queen of the highway" by The Doors - I kneeled down by my chair, and Jim Morrison's words cut through me like a beautiful ghost...."Now the are married, she is a good girl, naked as children..." - I sit there pondering the amazing music, and start to cry - I fully understand what a visionary we lost so early - that he just wasn't meant for this world, his beautiful yet tortured soul...I love this song now.

Moving onto some Nightmares on Wax, I start feeling like I want to dance - and start moving like Shiva Nataraja - in whirls and snaked movements in a circle. This chemical REALLY makes me feel one with the music more thn any other psychedelic I've done...apart from maybe LSD.
As the music turns to some good English hip hop after some Psy Chill, I start thinking of my yoga teacher and the naughty things I'd like to do to her - waves of energy surging through my body.

Then the woman who I've been getting to know for the past 5 months drifts into my thoughts, and how much I miss her sinks in, as Kyza's words of Bittersweet Love run through my consciousness.

I can't stop thinking about her and as I lay on my bed I start feeling very primal for her, and as I eat a big bowl of rice, sugarsnap peas, and carrots I write her a few text messages - and realize something I've suspected for a month or 2 as the words "I think I'm falling for you, woman"(paraphrasing) appear on the screen...
I had been putting it off in my head - I'm scared of getting hurt, and admitting to myself I might fall in love again after breaking up with my ex, but I am!!...and it starts to feel good, and I can't wait to see her. (I ended up sending her 4 texts oops)

ANYWAYS - back to the experience - it continues in cycles of wanting to dance; wanting to sit down and think/ponder upon the music; wanting to fuck like an animal; laughing to myself in the garden, and thinking that I'm slightly insane but it's OK because I'd never harm a fly; wanting to lie down and rest(sleep even) - I think this is really good, would be amazing for a party, coz then you could really go all night and not use up TOO much energy.

The walls are still rippling, I see very few neon trails drift across the plain of my eyesight, very unlike mushrooms for me - BUT I usually do musrooms in the evening...so will have to see.

Finally as I'm coming to the end of my peak - my attention gets drawn to things I need to sort out, things I need to do with interpersonal family stuff, being a better son, changing the way I do a few things - the normal thing - gaining perspective.

My father comes home (i'm living with bro and him for a few months) from work, and him and my brother are watching Mission Impossible 3 when I come downstairs - it seems like the film is morphing between different films - flashes of A Scanner Darkly run through - when I sit down, Tom Cruise reveals himself as James Bond sneakily for a few seconds, and I snigger at nothing!!

It leaves very easily, leaving me with that "fried" feeling you get in your temples and back of the neck when you've done pyschedelics - also I didn't drink as much water as I should've done - which I will try to remember to do next time.

A very positive experience. Never confusing - one that also showed me that much as psychs may show you doors in your mind you need to open, they can also show you things which may need to be considered, only to realize they're not at all valid.

I took the substance at 1pm at lunchtime and had come down almost completely to baseline about 6.5 hours later, with no residual visuals after this time.

Will be trying 20-25mg next time, before moving onto just-above-threshold doses in the future.

Last edited:
Thanks, good report. Can you add / provide any time estimates in terms of how long it took from come up to come down?

~psychoblast~

Done...and cleaned up a lil :) <3

I also forgot to add that during my experience I could eat alright, the food went down OK without difficulty but I got side tracked a lot.

Also that I pissed like a racehorse through the experience, more than often in my opinion!

Last edited: