• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

33 days clean&sober

Hi Ash!

Day 71 clean and serene.

Best wishes to all of you.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"I've never woke up in the morning wishing I had gotten drunk the night before." -- jasper

Well what can I say Jasper, except you are the man!!!!!

Love and support to you my dear friend, you always put a smile on my face when I read your updates!! So proud of you, you and your awesome attitude are kickin ass!!

Ash.

Hi Ash!

Day 71 clean and serene.

Best wishes to all of you.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"I've never woke up in the morning wishing I had gotten drunk the night before." -- jasper

So I'm opening the restaurant by myself this morning. Imagine that-- trusting a drunken junkie with keys to the place, a cooler full of beer, and a register full of cash!

Wow.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Oh that's so awesome jasper!!!

And you're not those things at all, you're just a great guy that had his own set of struggles once, don't we all right!!????

You're amazing my friend, I am SO proud of you and I hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

Much love and support to you,
here for you anytime,
your friend,
Ash.

P.S, You run that joint like a boss today jasper!! xo

So I'm opening the restaurant by myself this morning. Imagine that-- trusting a drunken junkie with keys to the place, a cooler full of beer, and a register full of cash!

Wow.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Feels amazing doesn't it? :)

You earned it. It's all you! Well done indeed. (high fives Jasper) <3

Thinking of you. Update please jasper!!

How did working at the restaurant by yourself go? I bet you did a great job!!

Much love my friend!!
Very proud of you,
Ash.

Wow.

Peace&Love,
jasper

Hi Ash!

Yeah, everything went fine. Worked 10 hours, mostly by myself. Just drank a lot of coffee and had a couple snacks.

How are you?

Peace&Love,
jasper

Don't worry if plan A fails. There are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Hey there jasper, you sound like your making it good . Work can be tough at these early stages of sobriety. I know it is for me . Good seeing you posting again.

For me, free time is worse. I've been off the last 3 days and I'm falling all over myself trying to stay busy. At least I have plenty of meetings to attend nearby. I tend to be a loner so when I have nothing to do I am alone with my thoughts-- all by myself in a very sketchy neighborhood! Fortunately, I have not had the desire to drink or use.

Hope you all are well and happy.

Peace&Love,
jasper

There are three kinds of people in this world: those that can do math, and those that can't.

Well hello there dahhhlling!! ( said with a southern drawl, of which I have none of course ; )

I am doing well, thanks for asking. You sound a lot like me, used to being solo, but I can see how it could be a double edged sword when you are trying to keep busy and stay out of trouble. ; )

If you get bored come on here and post more, we're all here for you, and I love reading your posts tbh. You're doing so well and I hope you know that jasper!!

Much love and support,
your friend,
Ash.

Hi Ash!

Yeah, everything went fine. Worked 10 hours, mostly by myself. Just drank a lot of coffee and had a couple snacks.

How are you?

Peace&Love,
jasper

Don't worry if plan A fails. There are 25 more letters in the alphabet.

Always delightful to hear from you, Ash. I'd be online more but I don't have a working computer at home. I'm at the library when I post. Maybe some day...
Right now the little bit of money I make is going towards paying fines. I really need to get a better job. I love where I work but I get very few hours. Working on that.

Peace&Love,
jasper

"The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you." -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

For me, free time is worse. I've been off the last 3 days and I'm falling all over myself trying to stay busy. At least I have plenty of meetings to attend nearby. I tend to be a loner so when I have nothing to do I am alone with my thoughts-- all by myself in a very sketchy neighborhood! Fortunately, I have not had the desire to drink or use.

Peace&Love,
jasper

There are three kinds of people in this world: those that can do math, and those that can't.

JK, I can relate. I used to buy weed off a neighbor and it doesn't help that a lot of times when I can smell him indulging in his own product. But I know if I get stoned and disinhibited I stand a pretty good chance of heading out to buy a liter of vodka and that's not going to end well. I'm a bit of homebody these days so it's good for me to get out to meetings to keep my headspace from becoming toxic.

EPL1 said:
Well hello there dahhhlling!! ( said with a southern drawl, of which I have none of course ; )

Sarcasm, I take it?
:D

Last edited:
Good morning Aihfl, You know it! But mostly I'm just trying to make people smile with my silliness; )
Hahaha that's not a word, but I don't care.

Hugs,
Ash.

aihfl Sarcasm said:

What's up Jasper. Your doing great brotha. That's awesome that you quoted Rita Rudner. I love her. I love stand-up comedy so much. Been watching stand-up my whole life from Gallagher to Sinbad to Kevin Hart to Ron White. I've seen Gabriel Iglesias and George Carlin (right before he died) live on stage. Have a great night brother and congratulations on your success... you can do it!