View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3000 seed Morning Glory Cold Water Extraction question

Shlister

Greenlighter
I just finished a cold water extraction process using 3000 seeds; the process was as follows:

i) All of these steps were done in near-darkness, as light destroys LSA

1) Ground up 3000 Morning Glory Heavenly Blue seeds in a coffee grinder (only grinding for 5-7 seconds at a time so as to prevent heat buildup)

2) Poured gritty powder into an aluminum water bottle, along with 10-11 fl ounces of distilled water.

3) After shaking, placed in a cool dark place for 24 hours, shaking every few hours.

4) Strained the solution through a simple kitchen strainer, using a spoon to squeeze every last drop of water out.

5) The seed mush was thrown into the surrounding bushes (didn't want to disrespect plant by putting it down garbage disposal).

6) Remaining liquid came out to be around 2/3 cup, I added 1/3 cup distilled water to make it even.

[This is the process I have performed once before, with ~1000 seeds, and came very close to achieving ego death.]

My question is this: did I use too little water? The liquid I ended up with is definitely thicker than water, perhaps about the thickness of hot cocoa.

Is there a limit to how much LSA (and other amides) that water can absorb?

I'm going on a camping trip in the mountains and will most likely consume 1/3 of the mixture in the morning one of the days, what do you guys think?

Yes there is a limit. An example of this is when you pour sugar into a small glass of water eventually sugar stops dissolving and settles to the bottom. However The amount of water you used and considering the dosage of LSA my bet would say you absorbed a fair quantity of it however I am sure some did not. Have you considered in the future using a Solvent based extraction I find that those give me the highest yield. Methanol and dichloromethane extracts are the best I have tried.

But to answer your question I think the water is more than enough to absorb the LSA.

:)

Thank you! This reassures me immensely. So I suppose I should just drink 1/3 cup for my dose?

No problem! I defiantly could not recommend a dose as there is too many factors to consider but if you are used to that dose in the past than I say go for it. Just remember that if you don't feel it after taking 1/3 a cup you should wait a couple of days before you try to do the 2/3 Double dosing with LSA has never worked for me. It is defiantly a hit or miss type of thing.

But considering you used 3000 seed I think you will be just where you want to be ;)

Yes, I vowed to myself not to redose...

although, I did consider this: what if I sipped a small amount in increments of 20-30 minutes? stopping when I felt that I had enough?

I have never found this to be of benefit with any psychedelic compound due in large to the way tolerance is quickly built. If I were to make a suggestion I would at least apply a medium plateau dose in the beginning and build from there every 20-30mins. I do know that Lsa can also take a long time to get into your system, so remember to be patient. Remember this as well once you feel like you have had enough there is still 2-4 micro doses working there way into your body be careful to leave yourself some room for error.

Reporting back: 1/3 cup was perfect!! Quite a trip, very visual; I felt as if the seed spirit was showing me the natural wonders of life. Patterns, natural fractals, animal spirit faces, the whole works. Plus a pervading sense of "whoa." Cannabis was consumed at around the 2 hour mark, and really kicked the trip into gear. I was often overwhelmed with awe and wonder at the natural beauty surrounding me.

Awesome! I've had one good MGS trip and I liked it much more than any dose of HBWR, much cleaner and happier and fuller feeling. It's been a LONG time though.

3000 is a fuck ton. Whoa.

I've had very powerful trips with 200-500 MG seeds CWE, and nootropic/ antidepressant effects from as little as 10 chewed whole.

I do however remember days of reading erowid reports of these high of dosages, but think that was either A. error or B. naptha extraction attempts.

Id think this dose would cause ergot posioning of some sort.

But any water is groovy. Only an inconvience to drink.

I think he's making an extract for multiple doses from 3000 seeds.