View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3-MeO-PCP and orthostatic hypotension.

thizzkid

Bluelighter
Hey there all - so I wanted to document a phenomena which seems to relate to 3-meo-pcp use, that has now occurred on 3 occasions and has me, not worried but more so intrigued. (This is being typed on my phone so please excuse typos)

Some quick info about me. I am a 22YO, 6ft 160lb male. I have a very athletic build and my vitals on.a normal day are very good. Average resting HR is about 50-60bpm.

I have a Large variety of past drug use, mostly cannabis and psychedelic RC's.

Recently I have been dabbling with 3-meo-pcp a bit, I really like the stuff and in order to maintain the magic as well as avoid complete daily use, I usually do it in 3-4 day stints in order to boare myself of it. During tese times I'll check out and dose moderate to high amounts (15-45mg nasally throughout a night depending on desired effect.) before ending the mini-binge and being human again. Generally speaking the negative effects on my health from this kind of use have been non-existent. If anything I am left with more energy and a positive mood for weeks after the last day of use.

However a few months ago I experienced for the first time what it's like to be in a serious state of orthostatic hypotension.

Now I know this is a very common condition that some people experience all the time but you must understand, I keep myself very fit. I have always been involved in athletics and my cardiovascular system is probably in the 90th percentile of functionality. Its not like I grew up experiencing this kind of thing, and each if the 3 times it has occurred all are connected to 3-meo-pcp (explained in a few paragraphs.)

So when this happened the first time I stood up from my desk and suddenly found myself feeling odd. I stumbled to the living room and remember asking my roommates if I was okay - the next thing I knew I was on the ground, slowly gaining control of my limbs over about a 15 second period.

My roommates described the collapse as very controlled, not tipping over but more so my legs/knees buckling and me just falling known straight. No injuries, nothing damaged by my fall but an alarming event and the first of its kind for me.

During this I was entirely sober. No cannabis, no alcohol, nothing. However it was the day after I had ended a 4 day mini-binge totaling about 120mg maybe?? Still more than enough for residual accumulation to be present of course and yes; that is a Large amount of 3-meo to consume in that period of time but that is beside the point of what I am trying to make, which is that this is an unprecedented event and it's first causal connection is 3meo. Interestingly I do not experience many cardiovascular abnormalities while on 3-meo; however when in the "withdrawl" period for lack of a better phrase, something strange occurs for me. Perhaps as the magnesium in my body returns to it's normal role, it does so too aggressively after being under an ACT for several days?? Who knows..

The first time it was just a strange occurrence but when it happened again, (alone this time), finding myself waking up on the floor after getting up from bed with an unknown amount of time passed while unconscious made me write this post.

Half as a user documentation of such an anomaly and half as a way of asking for others experience in regard to this specific effect.

Has anyone else experienced this condition following 3-meo-pcp use? Again NOT DURING USE, but after a period of use?

I know enough of you out there are using this drug to answer this question. I just wanna know if my experiments should end or if this is just something to expect...

I've actually found that 3-MeO-PCP and friends (MXE, PCP, ketamine etc) act to increase heart rate and blood pressure. At least for me. Nitrous oxide, however, will drop my BP crazy low. I was once doing nitrous with a good friend of mine sitting on a couch, he stood up too quickly, and like you said - about 10 seconds later, he toppled over like a sack of bricks. I've been lucky not to ever pass out and fall over, but I have got pretty damn close, having my vision blank out and my body feel like it's plugged into an electrical socket.

Given that you are rather athletic and have low resting heart rate & presumably also naturally low blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension would not be that unusual to experience. Really the only thing you can do is just remember to stand up slowly, stay hydrated and fed, and maybe try taking caffeine or some other stimulant.

Perhaps as the magnesium in my body returns to it's normal role

PCP and its analogs don't change how magnesium works anywhere else in the brain or body, they simply block NMDA receptors.

Please also exercise extreme care in dosing/redosing, I have had probably two or three full-blown fugue states happen to me after reckless high doses (e.g. multiple 50-150mg doses of PCP in a day) of dissociatives, two of which ended me up in the hospital / mental health unit, and one of which resulted in police arresting me. If you are doing high doses of dissociatives it is an absolute must to have a sober sitter around that is aware of the potential for schizoid behaviors and won't involve the authorities.

"Please also exercise extreme care in dosing/redosing, I have had probably two or three full-blown fugue states happen to me after reckless high doses (e.g. multiple 50-150mg doses of PCP in a day) of dissociatives, two of which ended me up in the hospital / mental health unit, and one of which resulted in police arresting me. If you are doing high doses of dissociatives it is an absolute must to have a sober sitter around that is aware of the potential for schizoid behaviors and won't involve the authorities."

Oh yea haha been blown the dark road enough times now myself to have figured out the safe route to this kind of research....stories for another time.

Also - yes during the duration of the drugs (3-meo-pcp That is) the main effects on my heart are increase in ionotropic as well as chronotropic actions, but what I'm highlighting in my OP is that I have a post-dose sensitivity to this occurring it seems.

During the main effects - increase heart rate/BP

Vs.

Immediately following multi-day use -
Lowered HR and increased sensitivity to a blood pressure drop.

Now I can't go as far as calling this a toxicity per-se but it's been consistent and has happened 3 times now. So really it is a curiosity.

Also sekio as far as the involvement of magnesium; the paradigm I suggested is definitely far from what's actually happening, however you may wanna double check your notes -

NMDA recptors are excitatory, ionotropic proteins and Mg is the endogenous ion preventing NMDA receptors from be activated constantly. Its actually hugely important to the normal functioning of the receptor.....it is in essence an NMDA antagonist. So it stands to reason that antagonism by some outside agent (ie: 3-meo-pcp) for an extended time may, upon cessation, could cause a strange rebound activity of the normal function....total speculation but I digress. We're talking about research chemicals here