Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

3-Hydroxyphenazepam & Alcohol - Experienced - Like a zombie

SociallyAwkward

Bluelighter
I have been experimenting some with the RC benzo 3-hydroxy for a while now. I find it very helpful for my anxiety, however I also wanted to see what recreational value it had so I did a few tests. In this report I will tell you how one of those tests went. I don't think I have to mention that mixing benzos with alcohol is potentially very dangerous if not done carefully and I do not encourage anyone to do so.

It was just another tuesday and I didn't have much planned for the day so I started out by popping a single white tiny 2 mg pill around noon. As it has a fairly long onset I didn't expect to feel much for several hours and was pleasantly surprised when I noticed some light muscle relaxation and sort of "feeling out of it" around an hour later. I shaved, had a shower and felt calm and content on the whole as I went to the grocery store to pick up some items. Once I came back home I decided to watch some Fam Guy and spent maybe an hour doing that. At this point I was getting rather numb which is how I would describe this benzo if I was to use one single word. It is unfortunately not euphoric in the way I find Xanax to be, it really just makes you go numb and messes with your head.

Now I thought would be a good time to up the dose so I had another 1,5 pills (3 mg). Then I went to town cause I needed to pick up some gear for my guitar. I guess this was when the 3-hydroxy really started to kick in although I didn't realize it at the time. I have vague memories of walking to the store, buying the equipment and taking the bus home. I also vaguely recall feeling very disappointed that I wasn't feeling the benzo more and at the time I figured I was completely normal. Which of course I wasn't but then again you never realize that in the moment on high doses of benzo and it is of course what creates the classic redose habit and for many people, whole bags of pills having disappeared when they come back to their senses.

Needless to say I had a little more of the 3-hydroxy (maybe half a pill or one pill) and also decided to throw in 2 glasses of wine to get things started. While I still felt mentally clear I was really starting to notice the physical effects. When sitting down it was like sinking deep down into one of those huge soft sacks that were so popular in the 90ies and that every kid had. I also found it difficult to follow whatever show was on the tv cause my vision was starting to go double. The next thing I know I realize my phone is ringing and that I had been dozing off. I think it was around 6 PM I got home and now the time on my phone showed it was 10 PM so I must have been out of it for over 3 hours. It was my sister calling and we chatted for a good half an hour. I wish I could remember what we talked about. In fact I'm not sure I would have remembered the call at all had she not mentioned it to me a few days after. She said it had been difficult to understand me cause I had been talking in a very slurry way and she had to ask me over and over what I said or what I meant. I made an excuse to her that I had already taken my sleeping pills for the evening and that was why I seemed so out of it.

Anyway I don't recall much more of that evening. I thought that perhaps I had done some cleaning and sure enough as I woke up in the morning, my whole home was cleaned and sanitized. Dunno when or how I got into bed. I also found a few weird items I had no recollection at all of buying and there were a few additional pills missing from the bag than the ones I have already accounted for in this report so all in all maybe I had 8-10 mg 3-hydroxy. I still felt some muscle relaxation and very calm the next day after (it has a really long halflife) but other than that pretty normal. Just numb and as if I was doing things on autopilot. It was only late in the evening that my emotions started to kick in and I cried for a bit. I rarely cry but have had it happen several times now after large doses of this benzo. I have no idea why. The amnesia on this one is very strong and days when I have taken it are pretty much a haze, I only remember some events vaguely or other times I can reconstruct what I did to some degree. It also really seems to impair your judgment so I can only assume mine must be very strong to begin with seeing as I managed to stay out of any major trouble despite being more or less a zombie.

All in all it is a decent benzo. I miss the little euphoria some other benzos brings and I also miss more heavy muscle relaxation (only when combined with alcohol does it offer more of that) but it works good for my anxiety and in larger doses it's sort of a sick game where you never know for sure what's going to happen. I would recommend that if you plan to take a lot of it, make sure you have a few days off. I had large doses of traditional benzos as well and none of them brought on so much amnesia or strange behaviour.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_3hophenazepam
substancecode_benzos
substancecode_gabaergics
substancecode_ethanol
substancecode_alcohols
_combo_
explevel_experienced
exptype_neutral
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
Old pal, dunno if you are around anymore...but I have to say, I didn't touch RC benzos since early 2019, as I was weening myself off clonazolam (thankfully I had access to a lot of bottles in PG) and with my actual scripts (bromazepam, diazepam and the rare temazepam for sleep), I bought some etiz powder in between then and last month but it was not the quality it used to be at that one high quality sources...when I found some flubromazepam within my country, the first RC benzo I ever obtained. They also had 3-hydroxy-phenazepam tablets (1mg), so I 40 or so. I only wanted to see what they did....the flubromazepam was like how I remembered, 8mg and I was in for some real deep sleep and with a completely calm morning, not having moved at all during the night....I'll keep it in case I get an insomnia bout and I don't have Restoril on hand.

But as for 3-hydroxy-phenazepam.....considering my tolerance, I took 2mg. I remember back then the pills would come in 1,5 and 3mg dosages so I wasn't alarmed by that.
But dude...I got the same kind of emptiness and lack of feeling anything, that I would have taken feeling sad over that damn emptiness once it kicked in fully 3 hours later. When it finally left any physical effect, I felt lobotomized the next day, persisting until the next evening. Now today this morning when my feelings came back I felt like crying, I was so happy to be feeling again!

So I'm going to be keep that shitty 3-ho-phenazepam for psychedelic bad trips where feelings are overwhelming because this is *not* a muscle relaxing, happy feeling benzo. It's a cold knockout punch that you don't perceive receiving. I hear actual Phenazepam from Russia, Ukraine, Belarus in 5mg tablets is a lot more desirable, I could have gotten it in 2019-2020 but didn't bother, I was clean out of clonazolam and was and am doing good with my scripts, keeping my GAD in check and thus my sanity.

The money I wasted on those too...they weren't cheap. So don't bother anybody, no wonder it was never a success even in the crazy years in the mid '10s when we would classify something great like flunitrazolam as "meh" because clonazolam, bromazolam and flualprazolam were so much better. This is the equivalent of the deschloro-etizolam to etizolam, maybe, I know I never enjoyed etizolam much, except when I had high quality powder and that was only at first, the pure white stuff, not the flakes of gray stuff I got later, when putting your tongue on 5-6mg would bring such intense euphoria especially when strung out from partying and wanting to relax...but I'll say I believe those who say that Phenazepam in normal doses, not the deluge of powder (I thankfully never was aware of) in the early 10's, that people were dosing randomly and losing weeks (that I can believe, unlike those saying they're climbing trees naked on 1mg clonazolam) of their life, I bet the 5mg Phenazepam tablets are better than its poor metabolite 3-ho. Maybe it's just this source, but I don't think so....I also felt sad and almost weepy when my feelings came back from it. I should have just gotten the real cheap zolpidem instead, tablets.... in my country (.ca), when we finally got zolpidem (Ambien), like 14 years later than the US (we had zopiclone only, zaleplon (Sonata) for a while but it seems nobody but me liked it and its no longer sold and no generics...they released them as "Sublinox" and it's sublingual thin as paper huge pills that taste so awful, they did that on purpose...and didnt do anything for insomnia...unlike some generic european zolpidem I had gotten before in tablet form which worked real well...it's so very strange and frustrating.

Humanity's been through a whole lot since your TR, but I had this to add to it, you weren't wrong, nothing to be happy to have or spending your money on. Just skip this one.