Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

3-ho-pcp to morphine equivalancy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxynormal

Bluelighter
Hi bl,
I was hoping someone could inform me on the equivalency of say 10mg of 3-ho-pcp and/or 3-ho -pce into an equivalent amount of oral morphine?
Hope I'm clear.
Ox

I don't think there is any equivalency. That 3-ho-pcp and 3-ho -pce are supposed to have opiod effects is just speculation. Also, if they have real opiod effects, they are still primarily NMDA-antagonists.

This is not a Psychedelic question... You are trying to switch from a disassociative to opiate... Bad idea

Sorry maybe this should be moved to OD... ans taco, you know i love my dissos, it is simply for informative purposes

Sorry maybe this should be moved to OD... ans taco, you know i love my dissos, it is simply for informative purposes

I don't think anybody is going to be able to help you with your original question because you're comparing apples (a disso / NMDA antagonist) to oranges (an opioid).

Even if we assume that the 3-HO-dissos do have mild opioid effects there has been barely any research done on these chems, and to which relative extent their subjective effects in humans result from NMDA antagonism, Mu opioid agonism or monoamine reuptake inhibition.

Your question is basically like asking how much LSD is equivalent to 100 mg of MDMA (if this was the 70s and few people had even heard of MDMA).

Last edited:
It is like trying to say "Hey 25i-nbome has opiate activity how do I replace it with morphine?" Just cause something has activity in an area does not mean it will have a similar effect as another similar compound. It is likely, but it is always best to treat each compound as individualized even if you look at them in the standard groups.

Edit: Thank you Hodor for being more detailed.

Also Kratom compared to opium is a great example of what I said above. Both are opiates yet one is more narcotic (sleep inducing) and another while narcotic as well is more a stimulant.

Excused oxy :D We all learn at one point... The 25i nbome comment comes from personal experience...

Thank you for your answers, please excuse my ignorance.....

No problem.

I mean, I see where you're coming from - plenty of people use dissos to get through opioid w/d's.

Still, the reason they work for this purpose isn't because of their minor opioid agonism, but because of their strong NMDA antagonism (i.e. dissociative action), which does not suffer from a cross-tolerance with opioids.

In other words, if someone with an Oxy habit tried to adjust their disso dose to the point that the opioid action became noticeable, they would probably be knocked out by the dissociation long before that happened.

Oh hodor I knew that even back then, but desperation plus I was really just using it for the hell of it. It was a while back.

well this question is totally understandable coming from a person with a disso tolerance and no opiate tolerance...
said person would not perceive major dissociative effects, but instead the underlying opiate buzz.
this becomes quite important due to the possible OD factor, if the user is opiate naive.
technically you you run into dangers using benzos as a sleeping aid, due to them potentiating the opioid activity which would
result into severe CNS depression... testings to be done I guess...

As long as we don't know, use of 3-HO-PCP type compounds warrants great care... but on the other hand since opioid activity is speculated from incessant anecdotal 'evidence' and not found experimentally the CNS depression is even more hypothetical and also I can find no mention of benzos in this thread.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves shall we? Please use the centralized threads and the proper order of assumptions, inference and reasoning.

Titrate accordingly while the exact mechanisms are not know, for all we know it may be hyperpolarization channels responsible for hypnotic effects - though this is not supposed to be dangerous in terms of stacking CNS depression still watch out. It's also worth noting that the NMDA system is very closely related to the opioidergic system so some overlapping and confusion of certain effects and phenomena is certainly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.