• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

3,4-methylenedioxy aminorex

Fertile

Bluelighter
US Patent 3278382A

'2-amino-5-aryloxazoline compositions and methods of using same'

Example XVIII

So just for the record, MDAR was first synthesized and tested in 1962. It's not a particularly demanding target BUT it is SLIGHTLY more difficult than rubbish like p,4-dimethylaminorex (DMAR). I've mentioned this before but Dr. Dave was VERY clear that 4-methyl aminorex is an MAOI while aminorex is not. Unlike 4-MAR it does not have a trans-cis pair, simply (R) & (S) stereoisomers.

I'm just going through and providing people with firm reference for all of the facts that I have asserted. Synthesis discussion is not allowed but I think it's OK to say that we tried several routes and the Henry Reaction proved to be the best. Cyclization needs nasty things. Do not try this at home. I just forgot where the reference was until I used the appropriate search engine.

What is it like? Well I didn't taste it, but the reports suggest that it's an entactogen with a dose range similar to MDA. This makes sense, but in medicinal chemistry, their are often totally unexpected results when a ligand is even slightly modified. We refer to this as 'the magic methyl effect'. I remember one report which stated 'this is the greatest drug legal or illegal I have ever enjoyed'. A rare ++++ event.

We also tested 4-methylaminorex (PAR) & 3-methylaminorex (MAR). The former is almost exclusively active on SERT and is very subtle until very high doses are consumed. The latter appeared to be DAT>NET>>SERT. A 2:1 mixture of the 2 positional isomers produced effects almost identical to those produced by MDAR (based on reports who tried them all). I DID sample those 2 individually, as a 1:1 mixture and finally as a 2:1 mixture. We didn't like the fact that it required 2 compounds (twice as much potential for unexpected toxicity) and thus we pressed on to MDAR.

Aminorex has 5HT2b affinity so regular (daily) use can cause heart valve damage in just 28 days. It seemed that 5% of people suffered this fate but the other 95% showed no change in cardiac function whatsoever. We figured that people do not tend to take entactogens daily or multiple times a day, unlike stimulants.

I include a very good article on the 3D QSAR of aminorex derivatives:

Note how many chemists looked at the p-F homologue and thought 'wow - I can profit 4 times as much!!!' but the truth is, PFAR lasts too long for most people. We specifically went for the plain methyls because they act both to make the ligands selective but also serve as sacrificial moieties (groups designed to provide the body with a metabolic pathway not limited to a specific CYP liver enzyme). So their duration is about the same as MDMA/MDA.

Can one ring-substitute to provide significant 5HT2a affinity? Well oddly 2CB-Aminorex did turn up in Sweden in 2018. But reports suggest that it might have stimulant effects, but that is all. I think sekio suggested it was an internal standard although I note that someone tried adding the 2,5-dimethoxy-4-bromo moieties to just about every class of stimulant known. I mean, they did it to benzylpiperazine... That seems just reckless to me. What if it had proved to invoke irreversible 5HT2b binding (just an example)?

Bit confused as to which bits refer to the 4-methylaminorex (ring substitution) and which to 3,4-methylenedioxyaminorex.
Maybe I'm getting too old and this is my dementia warning starter for 10!

No mate - people don't know what para means any more. We are dinosaurs. Hence using dumb terms like 4'4-DMAR.

there is a novel 4bromo -methyl aminorex and 4chloro aminorex also now the most interesting is the novel 4br-methyl aminorex still legal almost ewerywhere effects similar to methamphetamine. with 98percent purity 4cl - methylaminorex with 90percent purity

3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylaminorex is something I've thought about before. This may be a little off topic, but it makes me think about all the semi-Hallucinogenic stimulant molecules that are out there. One of the easier to make one is para-MethoxyAmphetamine. There's also other Amphetamine molecules I've thought of in the past such as 3-(2methoxyphenoxy)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine which is basically an analog of PMA. I can only say that 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylaminorex would be more euphoric and longer acting than regular MDMA. Why ? Because basic Methylaminorex is longer acting than regular Methamphetamine. And I find this topic about 3'4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex real interesting. I think that the only problem is that creating it would be harder to make than regular MDMA.

3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylaminorex is something I've thought about before. This may be a little off topic, but it makes me think about all the semi-Hallucinogenic stimulant molecules that are out there. One of the easier to make one is para-MethoxyAmphetamine. There's also other Amphetamine molecules I've thought of in the past such as 3-(2methoxyphenoxy)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine which is basically an analog of PMA. I can only say that 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylaminorex would be more euphoric and longer acting than regular MDMA. Why ? Because basic Methylaminorex is longer acting than regular Methamphetamine. And I find this topic about 3'4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex real interesting. I think that the only problem is that creating it would be harder to make than regular MDMA.

READ THE PATENT. 3,4-MDAR (I think it's example 13) has already been made and has already been tested some 60 years ago. I did bring this up here on BL some 12 months ago. I included all of the references but with the best will in the world, I don't think it's MY job to go back and find it.

One of the easier to make one is para-MethoxyAmphetamine.
Which you do know is toxic, right?

Wiki: "PMA has also been shown to act as a potent, reversible inhibitor of the enzyme MAO-A with no significant effects on MAO-B, and the combination of this property and serotonin release is likely responsible for its high lethality potential. It appears that PMA elevates body temperatures dramatically; the cause of this property is suspected to be related to its ability to inhibit MAO-A and at the same time releasing large amounts of serotonin, effectively causing serotonin syndrome. Amphetamines, especially serotonergic analogues such as MDMA, are strongly contraindicated to take with MAOIs. "

There's also other Amphetamine molecules I've thought of in the past such as 3-(2methoxyphenoxy)-1-phenylpropan-2-amine which is basically an analog of PMA.
You don't mean either of these?
a5LOtJP.png

Neither would be expected to be active. Generally speaking, large groups on the aromatic ring of amphetamine tend to destroy activity,

there is a novel 4bromo -methyl aminorex and 4chloro aminorex also now the most interesting is the novel 4br-methyl aminorex still legal almost ewerywhere effects similar to methamphetamine. with 98percent purity 4cl - methylaminorex with 90percent purity

The p-halos tend to be neurotoxic and the aminorex scaffold ha 5HT2b affinity so it causes heart-valve damage.

Those examples ARE in the original patent.

Oh, and stick to ARs and not 4-Me ARs - David Nichols warned me that the 4MAR series has significant MAOI activity. NO, I don't have a reference but if DN firmly remarks 'avoid this class' then anyone with a bit of insight will know HE has looked into them - he isn't someone given to guessing.

Bit confused as to which bits refer to the 4-methylaminorex (ring substitution) and which to 3,4-methylenedioxyaminorex.
Maybe I'm getting too old and this is my dementia warning starter for 10!
I get what your talking about. My mind isn't as sharp as what it used to be. I'm just wondering about what would be the difference between 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Methylaminorex ?

Which you do know is toxic, right?

Wiki: "PMA has also been shown to act as a potent, reversible inhibitor of the enzyme MAO-A with no significant effects on MAO-B, and the combination of this property and serotonin release is likely responsible for its high lethality potential. It appears that PMA elevates body temperatures dramatically; the cause of this property is suspected to be related to its ability to inhibit MAO-A and at the same time releasing large amounts of serotonin, effectively causing serotonin syndrome. Amphetamines, especially serotonergic analogues such as MDMA, are strongly contraindicated to take with MAOIs. "

You don't mean either of these?
a5LOtJP.png

Neither would be expected to be active. Generally speaking, large groups on the aromatic ring of amphetamine tend to destroy activity,
I was basically talking about 3-(2methoxyphenoxy)Amphetamine, but thats where it basically goes off topic. So, I don't want to talk too much about that and have people think of what's on topic which is about 3'4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex.

Ya but if you look, most folks who’ve tried both prefer meth over 4-MAR, at least trans4MAR. Longer lasting doesn’t mean better.

-GC

Ya but if you look, most folks who’ve tried both prefer meth over 4-MAR, at least trans4MAR. Longer lasting doesn’t mean better.

-GC

I have tried both and the duration was the same for me - not that 1 person is statistically significant.

BUT George Ireland Poos includes a STACK of compounds in the original patent and yet however many times I say to people 'check out the patent', I have no evidence that anyone ever HAS,

That 4-methyl doesn't appear to be a sacrificial moiety. You are quite free to ask DN who, while not having published, seemed to know an unexpectedly large amount CC AR & 4 MAR.

2-amino-5-aryloxazoline compositions and methods of using same​

US3278382A

I have tried both and the duration was the same for me - not that 1 person is statistically significant.

BUT George Ireland Poos includes a STACK of compounds in the original patent and yet however many times I say to people 'check out the patent', I have no evidence that anyone ever HAS,

That 4-methyl doesn't appear to be a sacrificial moiety. You are quite free to ask DN who, while not having published, seemed to know an unexpectedly large amount CC AR & 4 MAR.

2-amino-5-aryloxazoline compositions and methods of using same​

US3278382A​

Do you know what synth was used that you tried? Was it trans-4-MAR or no? Obviously keep the synth detail’s limited more looking for a name of route or some detail that only we could understand but no actual directions please.

I remember one route produces multiple isomers that uses hydrogen cyanide (4 isomers if I recall right?) whereas the route using potassium or sodium cyanide produces the trans isomer only?.. I could be wrong, haven’t read that literature in probably 15yrs.

-GC

Do you mean 'all 4 enantiomers'? Their is no route using hydrogen cyanide that I have ever come across and the patent will make them all depending on the precursor.

BTW if you use the KOCN route with the amino-alcohol precursor of aminorex or cis 4MAR you just get the substituted urea but the patent details the extra step to cyclize it so their is never a need to use BrCN.

I just have one question. What do you think about the difference between 3,4 Methylene Dioxy Aminorex and 3,4 Methylene Dioxy MethylMethylphenidate ?

Please quit spamming the same question on multiple threads.