View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2Cs and Tums/Baking Soda

folding_space

Bluelighter
Lately, I've been having trouble properly absorbing various 2C compounds through oral dosing. Taken orally, 25mg of 2C-E will have little effect, but insufflation from the same supply still works as expected. My current theory is that this is being caused by heightened stomach acidity, so I'm planning to take Tums or baking soda before my next dose.

Has anyone tried this before? I'd like to understand how much potentiation I should expect to see so that I can scale my dose down accordingly.

I don't know about the 2C-x's, but, in a hospital setting, when starting meth/amphetamine regimen they use sodium bicarb IV?/oral? to help the efficacy of the speed.
I read this in a nurses manual years and years ago and have used Tums and/or baking soda, orally, many times when doing Methamphetamine...I don't know how well it actually worked, but I figured it couldn't hurt...

Hope that helped.

2C-E is sold as the HCL (hydrochloride) and stomach acid is hydrochloric acid so it would have no effect on the 2C-E at all. If there is any difference between oral and nasal admin it would be enzymes not stomach acid so an antacid would have no effect on that. However, it might reduce stomach discomfort so it's worth a try.

2C-E is sold as the HCL (hydrochloride) and stomach acid is hydrochloric acid so it would have no effect on the 2C-E at all. If there is any difference between oral and nasal admin it would be enzymes not stomach acid so an antacid would have no effect on that. However, it might reduce stomach discomfort so it's worth a try.

It has to do with alkalinity of the blood Jason...look it up.

Any idea what sort of enzymes might be relevant here? Many of the common ones can be purchased as a supplement, and I'm open to trying this out as well.

Also, I'm pretty rusty on my chemistry, but it seems to me that an HCl salt would dissolve more poorly in an HCl solution than in water due to the laws governing dynamic equilibrium. This would support my theory about stomach acidity, though it's unclear whether it would matter with such a small amount of solute.

Last edited:
^&^^^IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE STOMACH...IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE SYSTEM!!!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/55942-Methamphetamine-reabsorption-and-elimination

Actually, they're both relevant. Check out Section 7.1 of this NIH fact sheet for Adderall XR: http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme...45863-ffe1-4d4f-8acf-c7081512a6c0#section-7.1. Increasing stomach pH improves absorption while increasing blood pH slows down urinary excretion.

Since I'm not having any problems with insufflation, blood pH probably isn't a problem, but stomach pH may be.