• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2C-T family and MAOI properties

Hello bluelighters,

In the thread "WARNING: Etaqualone"

Rangrz posted:

anything can kill you used improperly. Phenazepam is no worse then other high potency benzo's.

alcohol is quite toxic and its overdose can lead death or brain damage from hypoxia with ease

treat qualones like barbiturates..yes, they're dangerous, but not being an airhead should prevent any problems.

But just in the spirit of toxic and edgey substances, I'd love to nominate the 5HT releaser thats also a SERT inhibitor and an MAOI in one neat package....thanks for 2-c-t-7 good doctor.

My answer was:

Hello Rangrz,

Do you have any reference to show 2-CT-7 (2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine) is an MAOI and an SERT inhibitor and a 5HT releaser 8o ???

If I remember correctly 2-CT-7 is an MAO-B>MAO-A>>>CYP 2D6 enzymatic substrate and act mainly by 5HT2A/2C agonism and in a lesser extent 5HT1A agonism.

Maybe did you want to write 4-MTA (1-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2- aminopropane) or 4-MTMA (N-monomethyl-1-(4-methylthiophenyl)-2-aminopropane)?

And by the way 4-MTA has been synthetised by Nichols and al. and 2-CT-7 by A.T.Shulgin (not the same "good doctor").

Cordialy K.

2,5-dimethoxy-4-(n)-propylthiophenethylamine have a slight inhibitor effect on MAO but I never seen a paper describing any SERT inhibitor effect or 5HT relaser effect.

Can you try to make it clear fot me?

Thanks you a lot.

Cordially K.