View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-T-2 subthread] - Effects and Duration

heliosphan

Bluelighter
I find 2ct2 to be more a psychological tool than a substance for psychedelic recreation. Unlike 2ct7 or a slew of other ones you kind of have to work with the drug to get where you want to. Meditating, silence, yoga, thinking... can all be aides to doing this. It's just not an in your face, colorful, party psychedelic. Probably useful therapeutically.

Compared to 2ct7, this has a more down to earth feel to it. Not like a cosmic floating and euphoric feeling at all. Much more grounded, and a tad bit subtle. And im sure this can vary also from person to person. Oone thing i hardly enjoyed was the nausea. I could hardly get over it and it lasted the whole time. But other than that i think its has its many good sides and some definite potential.

I do plan on trying 5-MeO-DET just to 'see for myself.'

I did try this a few months back for the same reason. I did not find it to have the vertigo or dizzy effects that other's had reported. It is super potent. I tried 1 mg and a few days later tried .5 mg. The 1mg made me feel like I was about to come on to something really hard. This feeling lasted about two hours. There was an energy surge.

the .5 mg was taken shortly before riding with my bike cart to the local supermarket to get groceries. This was actually a pleasant experience for me. There is an erotic side to it. Sex was wonderful (no, not at the super market). :D

2c-t-2 can be useful, but it can be trouble. I personally think that 2c-I is far superior to 2c-t-2. 2c-t-2 requires true preparation, like starving yourself all day long. It can have an unpleasant edge. The only times I’ve really enjoyed 2c-t-2 have been when I had a few drinks about 3 hours into the experience. This brought on an empathetic coziness that was almost indistinguishable from mdma. It was nice but I don’t think drinking alcohol on 2cs is all that smart.

i had two grams of 2c-t-2 and I used quite a bit... no real visuals except my first time...but then again I am tripping on pea's almost every day too...

I found 2C-T-2 far more visual than 2C-I was. They are fairly different ‘mentally’ but I do not know how to put into words what those differences are. 2C-I reminds me more of LSD in that I found it very analytical and clear. 2C-T-2 is closer to 2C-T-7 in that if (for me) works on a more emotional level instead of an analytical level. But really, words are failing me because 2C-I is nothing like LSD, and 2C-T-2 is very different than 2C-T-7. To really explain the differences requires words that have not yet been invented. And of course, everyone reacts differently. The way I find 2C-I is going to be different from the way others find it. Same with 2C-T-2.

If I had to choose, I would choose neither. Although I have had some wonderful, healing experiences with 2C-I…I do not take it anymore because it gave me terrible headaches that would often last into the next day. And I will not take 2C-T-2 anymore either. Although there are some definite rewards with it…they are not rewarding enough to make up for the body-load and vomiting.

2C-T-2 has a very unique quality to its visuals. I find that they have more color and depth. Non-solid objects look solid, for instance, trees look like apples on sticks. Grass and pine trees look very spiky, and the fact that they come out and point at stuff becomes really apparent. It's a very difficult thing to describe, but does anyone else experience this or is it my own quirk to the substance?

I think I'm one of the few people who doesn't really experience body load from 2C-T-2. It's a bit stimulating compared to others, but not as bad as 2C-I. The only thing I really have a problem with from 2C-T-2 is the terrible jaw clenching. I've never thrown up from it. The worst body load of the 2Cs I've tried comes from 2C-I (out of 2C-E, 2C-I and 2C-T-2).

^^I was thinking the same thing before I even read your post ... 2C-T-2 has very unique visuals. There's not much large scale morphing or halos around lights, but there is this small scale fluid-like character to the visuals, especially around boarders of objects or in areas of high contrast. It really is difficult to describe.

I didn't find 2C-T-2 hard on the body, but I also never found it too useful. I had some interesting and very different experiences with it, but none made me fall in love with the molecule.

With 14mg oral, taken over an hour:
"Comes on slowly, about 2 and a half hours from the end of ingestion to peak. Lots of pinks and greens and oranges, and play on gradients. Flowing movement. Dizzying, but the body load isn't all too bad. There is faint nausea. We were walking towards the convenience store when she noticed me smiling and said,
"You know, it is okay to smile. I never see one on you enough."
I felt like I broke through here, like something had been lifted from me. We wandered around town and parks for a long time, walking over both simple and complex things in conversation. The sights, sounds, and smells of the world were euphorically intoxicating. Tonight, the world is a beautiful place."

Beautiful experience my friend. Your gift of sharing actually put a smile on my face :)

yeah nice. i love wandering round while tripping, especially in company, walks are fantastic. Glad you found that smile :)

I've heard that it is and that it isn't. What are your opinions and what can I expect?

I find that 2ct2 really activates something in the creative side of my brain and I have a lot of fun/strange/playful though patterns and I have no trouble at all expressing these clearly to my friends (tripping or non).

After the first time I ate it, however, I'd get the worst body load at about 1.5 hours in and literally would just be crashed on some cushions on the floor for the rest of the night. Walking felt like I was wading through 3 feet of sludge or something.

Visuals were similar to the mental effects: light, playful, and responsive.

you didn't really define 'recreational', but i'd say yes. mild energy, mild visuals, inspirational/intellectual thought patterns, moderately nauseating/cramping body load ... at low-med dose. higher dose is more intense and not recreational.

2ct2 can be very enjoyable as a psychadelic for walking around parks, talking with friends and thinking. The visuals are good and the headspace enjoyable. I wouldn't choose to take it at a rave or to get 'fucked' with but it is worthwhile in the right circumstances.

It combines very nicely with marajuana - i wouldn't take it without.

I found 2ct-2 to be very enjoyable. I had a +4 on t-2 combined with 300mgs of dxm. I didn't find the bodyload to be overwhelming personally. So yes, it is definately worth a try.

For me, Marajuana lessens the body load of 2ct2 - yet another reason i would take 2ct2 without it.

I would classify it as recreational. I can still socialize and function good on a moderate dose (18-20) mgs.

on medium doses, I'd say up to 20-25mg for me, 2C-T-2 is not particularly impressive or particularly distinct at all. It's a very generic psychedelic with very generic symptoms....and they can be worked through in a recreational environment, easily. Just my two cents.