• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-D / 92 mg) - First time RC - Only mild visuals, mostly dark (am I tolerant?)

Shaal

Bluelighter
Hi all,

I tripped on 2C-D this saturday, with a friend. First time RC for both of us, first time psychedelic for him. We took 23 mg each (I had eaten 2 or 3 hours earlier, he had eaten earlier than that), waited an hour or so, took a second 23 mg (we wanted to go psychedelic). It was at night time, at the sea side. After an hour my friend was completely tripping (continuously seeing stuff, like creatures, trees and whole nature breathing, blasts of energy from the moon, he was saying stuff to me like "they've understood everything" or "i'm covered with pollen" etc. After some time he went to his tent. When he got up, he told me that he was reborn in this tent lol). He even puked at some point (and saw flowers growing all around him while doing that). However, I was having only mild visuals, and only if I looked at something for long enough (like the dark regions on the moon moving and merging, shadows taking over the walls, etc). I've had way more intense visuals on high doses of weed. So I took another 23 mg. Nothing much happened. At the end of the night I took another 23 mg. It brought back some visuals (e.g. my car was melted, a tree was a creature made of white bones that was making strange objects made out of bone levitate over his hand). IWhen looking in the dark long enough, I could see colourful tiny pixels. Very few CEV's (only some colourful tiny fractals). I got absolutely no nausea or any other unpleasant side effects.

Something was pretty trippy (and kind of scary) however: with my friend we looked at each other's faces in the dark. Darkness took over his eyes, until they became unfathomable holes of darkness. Then artificial eyes, collage-style, appeared like floating on those holes. They were morphing every second to different eyes. It reminds me a lot of the ever-morphing suits in "A Scanner Darkly", and it's exactly the king of OEV's I got on high doses of weed.

That's 92 mg in total. Twice as much as my friend, and he tripped much harder than me. Overall, a lot of dark visuals (trees looking like huge squeletons, shadows taking over the walls, even a butcher's hook...). But it's not that surprising since I'm used to having really scary nightmares pretty often.

I was thinking, maybe I've got a natural resistance (I also got no effects from 15g fresh shrooms, twice), or I developed a tolerance from the titration tests (20 mg in total, last dose was 5 days before, 11,5 mg), or maybe it's because I smoked weed all day long (which is supposed to take the edge off). Or maybe it's because I spent a lot of time talking with friends (I was very social and spontaneous) and didn't take the time to really appreciate the psychedelic experience.

Also I think I have a way of thinking that is too rational, and while tripping, I tended to find an explanation for everything I saw (enhanced optical illusions, imagination trying to fill in what I can't see because of the dark, etc.). I tried not too, but it's like a reflex! I felt like it was taking a lot of the magic away from it. I'm used to the immersive salvia experience where I sometimes even forget that I've taken a psychedelic... Also, when I was a kid, with a friend we would look at each other's face in the darkness, until we saw it morphing. This is exactly what happened here when I looked at my friend's face in the dark. So it's more like all those visuals were just imaginatively enhanced optical illusions.

Very good point: I got no brain zaps (which I got from shrooms and HBWR)! :)

Everyone is affected differently and some people have higher levels of natural tolerance to various classes of drugs. Also, food in the stomach can very powerfully reduce the amount of the substance that actually gets into your bloodstream. I would say in your case it's likely that you have more natural tolerance to phenethylamines than your friend, and it's also likely that the remainder of food in your stomach played a role.

Had you tripped or taken anything else serotonergic recently? That would include MDMA or other empathogens, and anything psychedelic. Also, are you on any medications?

Sometimes when you miss your window, it's hard to make things happen.

Also 2C-D is not the most banging psychedelic in my opinion so I'd rather call it special that your friend had a full blown tripping experience on that modest a dose than that I am surprised you had trouble getting past the mild stuff! Admittedly some people who seem to react averagely have said that the compound can still really shine if you take a ~100 mg dose in one go, or something along those lines, which makes perfect sense... but for the time being I am going to accept that this is not ideal stuff to elicit a serious response at relatively low doses. 2C-B and 2C-C can also be mild in that respect, and if you use them with that in mind it can be really pleasant, just like 2C-D... but compounds like 2C-I and 2C-E have a dose-response curve that doesn't mess around approaching 20 mgs. And that's just the 2C-X we are talking about.

Anyway all of this you could say is neither here nor there, just wanted to contribute with some nuance.

I should add, that tolerance to psychedelics develops very quickly. You took 4 23mg doses spaced out across the night. You had already developed short-term tolerance as soon as you started coming up on the first dose. By the end of the night the last 23mg probably barely even affected you because you had already dosed 3 other times over a number of hours. I find that once I come up on the first dose, the rest of the whole experience will always have the character of the first dose, redoses will just somewhat increase the intensity and prolong it. If you had taken 46mg first, you probably would have had a much stronger experience. If you had taken all 92mg at once, it may have been very intense indeed.

Thanks for your contribution guys.

I haven't taken anything serotonergic recently. I'm on no medication expect for Rhodiola rosea (daily), which is supposed to have a weak MAOI activity.

Next time I'm going to take 50 mg at once and see how that goes. :)

Last edited:
Maybe you're like me. I'm not usually a hard head, but when it comes to the 2C-X family, they barely work for me at all, and I took tons of different ones back when they were legal and readily available over the internet. For example, 75 mg of 2C-E would barely phase me. I never tried 2C-D, but I hated 2C-P and liked 2C-T-2 the best (never tried T7).

75mg of 2C-E?? That is most unusual. I've never taken more than 20mg, as 20mg is very, very intense.

I've noticed that there seems to be more people hardheaded when it comes to phens over tryptamines, the 2c series in particular... I would know as I'm one of a few in my circle of friends, some rarely ever trip. I think that in combination with the multiple resoses would explain this scenario. Next time take 50-60mgs at once and I can almost guarantee that you will have a much stronger trip... Redosing psychs is almost always a waste unless you plug, snort, or IM a dose equal to, or higher than the initial dose but that's just been my exp so ymmv.

Ps... Nobody take 75mgs of 2c-e, you'll die... and be re-born ;)

For sure, with 2C-E you need to start at no more than 18mg, for many people (myself included) 18mg is a VERY strong trip. It could be that you're one of those people who needs 40 or 50mg, but you need to start low and work up from there. For many people, taking 40-50mg of 2C-E, let alone 75, would be a traumatic experience.

I require decent doses of phens and 25mgs is pretty damn strong IMO, I don't push this one like I would other 2c's...bodyload aside this one has no qualms giving you the good ol' psychedelic curbstomp lol.

Still talking about 2C-E and not 2C-D I assume? This thread seems to have meandered onto a side trail. :)

Haha yeah 2c-e, I'll stop side tracking =D... I just felt the need to mention that 75mgs of 2c-e is an absurd dose for the great majority of people.

I think I'm probably one of those hardheaded people. I took almost a gram of 2C-B over the course of ~6 hours and had very light tracers, but could still walk around and talk to people normally, wasn't that impressed by it.

Jesus, almost a gram? How often do you trip and are you on any medications? And did you get it from a dealer?

Last edited:
I think I'm probably one of those hardheaded people. I took almost a gram of 2C-B over the course of ~6 hours and had very light tracers, but could still walk around and talk to people normally, wasn't that impressed by it.

my guess is it was bunk stuff, but you never know.

2C-D hardly did more for me at 80mg than at 60mg, then at 100mg it totally blossomed. It's short lived so splittiing doses probably ineffective and possible tolerance issues. Shame it's not more potent but like solipsis says absolutely an banging psychedelic

Next time take 50-60mgs at once and I can almost guarantee that you will have a much stronger trip...

Hehe yeah that's what I'm going to do. But that's not going to be before a few weeks / months.
I'll make a trip report here if it's worth it. :)

There's no way you took a gram of 2c-b in six hours and experienced "very light tracers". Your batch was either bunk or beyond weak.

I accidentally took 85 mgs once and it took me to a nightmarish dreamscape of time travel and excruciating leg cramps that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. It felt like an eternity. Never again.

Oh and Xorkoth and CaptainKratom, remember the thread I had made about 5-MeO-MiPT and kratom, planning to take at the house party I was hosting by the seaside? Well I took the 2C-D instead. And didn't receive the kratom in time. :p