View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2C-B-fly dangerous combo(s)

Na'vi

Bluelighter
Hey all, it's been a while. I've been furiously Googling but can't seem to find a definitive answer, only conflicting opinions and conjecture but apologies if I've just missed it somewhere along the line. Here's the deal:

Going camping with some friends this weekend for a couple of birthdays and a meteor shower. Got some 2C-B-fly, but some people also have some MDMA (pills, so dosage unknown but they're definitely strong). Anyone got any information on the safety of this combo? I read a report from a guy that said he got serotonin syndrome from a 2C-I and MDMA combo, which makes me wary. Other people seem to have done it with no problems.. I'm aware the risks are probably low but I always go for a 'better safe than sorry' approach. Anyone got input/experience?

Furthermore, one of our group is currently on SSRI's and another recently came off SSRI's cold turkey (he's currently experiencing flu-like symptoms). Aside from the obvious fact that they should not be taking psychedelics in that mindset anyway (I've warned them but you know what people are like) is there any risk of SS with these guys and the 2C-B-fly? All I've found is people saying it might be a problem, but I haven't seen anything more concrete.

I'm aware that with a compound like 2C-B-fly it's very hard to say one way or another due to it's rarity and other factors such as individual body chemistry, the dosage of the other drugs and so on, but any input is appreciated none the less.

Thanks for reading :)

I don't think 2C-B-FLY has been experimented with enough to distinguish its safety (either in combination or alone) from that of the other 2C-Xs. From what I've read, it doesn't feel like that intense a serotonergic of an experience at typical doses (compared to mescaline, for example), and nor is it suspiciously variable in effective dose (like bk-2C-B, for example) which might make one wary of potential non-linear synergistic effects when combined with other drugs. I don't know what kind of doses the 2C-I guy took, but plenty of people have had serotonin syndrome from MDMA alone, so there isn't reason to fear the combination with 2C-Xs just yet. Everything I know augurs well for the safety of the combination.

I can't help you much with the SSRI concern in terms of experience, either my own or that of others. I'd imagine that your friends' serotonin transporters might have rebounded and now be over-active. If that overactivity is a bidirectional characteristic of the transporter then MDMA, as an inverse agonist thereof, could be dangerous (but others will surely know more). Along the same line of thought, this kind of rebound (which will decrease synaptic serotonin) might even enhance the activity of 2C-B-FLY through lessened competition. Again, I don't know how things pan out in practice.

Last edited:
SSRI discontinuation syndrome as well as MDMA use can cause such serotonergic imbalances that you can get brain zaps from it. In itself not dangerous but not a good sign either.

Combining 2C-B-FLY with MDMA and SSRI discontinuation is probably not the most wise idea in terms of your serotonin / NT household. Especially if you're going camping. Why don't you either pick one of the drugs to avoid such adverse reactions, or dose one of them - if combining - so low that you can't really consider it a full-on combo but rather a major-minor combination?

Why 2C-I has relatively high incidence for both HPPD and brain zaps (and the MDMA by definition which makes the combination an issue yes) I do not know, but to be honest I wouldn't exactly expect 2C-B-FLY to be a minor 2C-X in any respect. It has good psychedelic and empathogenic potential, but because of this probably not a weak 2C-X that you can disregard.

Actual serotonin syndrome, no I highly doubt it because you don't get that so easily and it has achieved mythical status with people describing bad reactions as "minor serotonin syndrome" while the reality is that there is no such thing and that serotonin syndrom is by definition very serious and that what people may actually get is a relatively wide scope of adverse effects related to serotonin imbalance / dysfunction but usually not serious in the sense of life-threatening.

Still, you definitely shouldn't ignore anything that isn't expected to be fatal. Those "non-linear" effects you are talking about can still mess up your camping trip and mess with the chemical balance in your brains.... so if I were you, like I said, I would avoid the combination and keep it for another time when not withdrawing from SSRI's and being in a more controllable environment. You should still be able to achieve a pretty damn intense experience with either MDMA or 2C-B-FLY per person and maybe enhance with cannabis if you are done hiking for the day, something like that.

Thank you both for your informative input, it's very much appreciated!

I've combined fly with meph before. At 5mg it was fine, providing a slight background buzz which meant I didn't need to re-dose the meph so often. At 10mg, it enhanced my usual meph paranoia somewhat. 2c-b-fly itself seems very physically safe. I personally would consider mixing it with MDMA, but starting small and doing it somewhere familiar and comfortable.