Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(2C-B/25 mg, 4-AcO-DMT/22 mg) Experienced: 4/20 Weekend Up North

[éS]Infinite

Bluelighter
Here is an old report I thought I would share. I have a few other semi-completed reports that I hope to complete and submit in the near future.

April 19-20 2012

The weekend began with the intentions of heading up north to a friend's cottage at ------ beach, where we would eat some psilocybe cubensis mushrooms together. I finished a long day of work and began my venture home, communicating to my friends on the way. As buses had times conflicting, I was left waiting at a bus stop for another 30 minutes. During which time I received a call from my friends stating they could pick me up.

In no time, I was in their back seat, discussing the upcoming adventure, as well as our most recent psychedelic voyages. After rattling off a few of the substances I had access to, my friend D stopped me on 2C-B, and began asking questions. As he had prior experiences with 2C-E and 2C-I, all of which being positive, I knew 2C-B was something he would take great liking to. However they also became intrigued at the prospect of using 4-AcO-DMT in place of mushrooms, as I had briefly given a description of the substance as a tryptamine which may be metabolized into psilocin, acts very much like mushrooms, but does not share the uneasy/nauseous qualities of psilocybes.

We had hit a crossroads; we had more substances than we had time to ingest, and we were not keen on staying awake all weekend nor were we prepared to begin overlapping experiences. During the ride up the idea had come to mind that rather than spend a single night up north, we would extend our stay until Sunday; 2C-B was to be ingested the first night as D and J were eager to experience it (and I held slight apprehension of diving into a tryptamine as my time apart had been lengthy, approaching upon 3 years), and 4-AcO-DMT would be ingested the following afternoon, after D's father and grandfather had stopped by to maintain the property, turn on the water system on, check up, etc.

After a brief stop at a gas station and Tim Horton's where we stocked up on supplies for the night (food and drink), we arrived at the cottage up north where it was rather cold and there seemed to be a storm that we had managed to just barely miss. For D and myself, I measured out roughly 25 mg each with my milligram scale, and for J 18mg was measured. We all wrapped the small masses of white crystalline powder in a Zig-Zag and proceeded with to swallow them down with a bottle of water. We moved from the main cottage into the bunk where we planned on spending the night, and in an attempt to distract our minds and bodies during the come-up we decided on a movie to watch, agreeing upon Pineapple Express as the ideal choice. We spent roughly an hour watching the movie, after which we decided to head out to the beach to smoke a joint once we had agreed the chemical was taking effect.

The beach was brilliant. Despite being almost entirely void of any light, visual perception was interesting. The few rays of light shining through on the horizon were from a distant peninsula to the left of us, where a light house was shining out onto the lake. However this is not the image my mind perceived; it appeared as though there were an unnatural hue of yellow contrasting the pitch black sky, originating from three separate sources. Immediately in front of us was the view of waves flowing in and dissipating back out into the Great Lake. However again, this is not the image my mind perceived; the vantage point of the waves gave the impression of two joggers on the shoreline, running past each other in opposing directions. As this image was conjured, and I allowed myself to become entranced by the rolling waves, I remarked how similar the movement of the two images were, especially for an individual such as me who had been blessed with poor far-sightedness. This in fact is perceived to be a gift, as it may be corrected in normal living, yet during a psychedelic state it leaves a wider margin for the individual to play with their newly discovered visual acuity (this being entirely ignorant speculation of course, as I do not recall an instance where I had consumed a psychedelic substance whilst wearing my glasses). Expressing these visuals during the matter was discovered to be somewhat difficult, yet somehow D managed to understand, or was kind enough to empathize with the rapidly manifesting effects of the substance. J mentions he has yet to feel any real effect, which I found a little strange, although we had all eaten a fair amount prior to ingestion.

Upon returning back to the cottage bunk we settled in and resumed the movie. We all shared one flagship characteristic of the 2C genre of compounds and psychedelic substances in general; uncontrollable, roaring laughter. Whether it was directed at the movie or some ridiculous action or phrase shared by one of us, the laughter came abundantly in spurts, divided only by inner dialogues and imagery. Interpretation of the plot of the movie seemed to be on auto-pilot as I followed the entire movie somehow while being completely distracted by the visuals and the occurrences taking place in the room. I loosely repeated something I had used to explain how 2C-B would affect us before we had gone forward with it, 'Your mind is clear, it's just everything else that is completely fucked'. To which D replied in agreement with a burst of laughter that indicated he knew exactly what I meant.

As the movie progressed, I felt myself using my eyes less and less to perceive the external world, and instead directed my attentions internally. Eventually the movie ended, and it was time to enjoy some music. By which point I felt myself growing increasingly fatigued and perceptive of growing muscle tension. As we sat around with a plethora of classical music playing softly, D and I began focusing our energies almost entirely internally. Now the laughter was not directed at some external action so much as internal imagery, which at times would become too ridiculous to contain, especially when some gangster rap made its way to the playlist and filled our ears. Lyrics of violence and materialism were instantly recognized as the falsities that they were, as human nature was projected upon the individual speaking and these notions not only seemed absurd, but absolutely contrary to the human condition. Of course, being enveloped in such a state of internal ecstasy (which there was much of this time, particularly when allowing myself to enjoy the visuals coupling the music) contributed to such a state of mind, and without any of the world's many problems at the surface of my consciousness I simply could not relate to anger, and instead transformed it to happiness through the simple act of laughter.

On occasion J would offer up some of his pre-made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to us, strictly out of kindness and wanting everyone to be comfortable. However the way that D and I responded was not of parallel genuine caring; we both would take a few seconds to inspect the interestingly textured and shaped food, and after the visuals began contorting the item before our eyes we promptly responded that there was not a chance we would be able to eat them. I had reverted from telling J what my mind had perceived, that the sandwiches looked like oozing lumps of blood and tissue, despite thoroughly understanding they were in fact peanut butter jellies. However it was not just the PB and Js I couldn't eat, the items I had purchased from Tim Horton’s were left alone for the entire night. A single jelly-filled Timbit was eaten some time during the peak and the sugar-coated texture coupled with the internal mushiness left me slightly confused as to whether or not I should continue chewing the Timbit, blending the two textures together or spit it out inappropriately in front of my friends, giving the impression that I was a little more loony than I truly felt. I ended up finishing the Timbit, however it would seem that the stimulating properties of the substance were sufficiently wiping me of any hunger I may have had, which would have been immense given the amount of cannabis consumed.

Some time nearing the end of the night, J decides he wants to enhance his currently lacking state with some mushrooms, as it was far too late to supplement further with 2C-B. At this point I had wrapped myself in a blanket and taken to solely playing with closed eye visuals as with eyes opened there were too many distractions as the room was vibrant with visual movement. J attempted to get my help using my scale to weigh the mushrooms; however at this point I was far beyond comfortable functionality so could do nothing for him. However I was able to recommend a dose for him, suggesting only a .5 as there could be some synergy between the two compounds, and in the back of my mind I was being weary with J as I had no prior psychedelic experiences with him and always felt better taking a safer route.

Water. This would turn out to be the downfall of an extremely pleasant compound for me, and I am glad I had not decided on ingesting a tryptamine. After my long work day and commute home, I had neglected a certain bodily function which had quietly built itself up to a steady and consistent peak. I had a full bowel to deal with, and as the trip progressed I contemplated different actions I could perform to resolve the problem. These were limited to going out in the woods to handle my business, which in my state and in the dark would have only ended up in disaster. So I pushed it from my mind, and allowed the night to end as promptly as possible.

The next day we all arose surprisingly early, each of us hungry and thirsty from the night before. We all performed our typical wake up routine before J announced he was hungry, and we all set out to the only grocery store in town for a breakfast run. Despite being up so late the night before coupled with the ingestion of illicit substances, we all felt and acted remarkably refreshed and joked glowingly throughout our excursion. As I had finished up my Tim Horton's food left over from the night before, I was not feeling very hungry, and the cannabis in my system would have hindered me from choosing appropriate meals for the excursion. I purchased nothing until we left again for the grocery store later in the day, when I had a more appropriate amount of cannabis in my system, and less of the after-currents of 2C-B.

We passed the mid hours of the day, prior to the arrival of D's father and grandfather, by doing yard work, smoking cannabis, watching a little television, and discussing our experiences the night before. D's father and grandfather had departed in the early Saturday afternoon, and we continued on with our plans. J planned on eating roughly 3.5-4.0 grams of dried psilocybes to compensate for his light 2C-B experience, while D wanted a mellower mushroom trip following his crazy night on 2C-B, deciding 2.0 grams of the psilocybes to be appropriate. I had settled on ingesting roughly 15 mg of 4-AcO-DMT, half of which was insufflated as the miniscule amount of powder would leave a thin layer on everything it touched and no usable brush was available. Although I had intended roughly 15 mg, the lack of an appropriate surface to place the scale upon caused the mass to read less than it actually was. After the entire weekend, and upon returning home, I massed the contents of the bag and found that I had ingested roughly 22 mg, not 15 mg, which was assumed during the experience, as the effects manifested themselves to a greater degree than I had anticipated.

After insufflating the miniscule amount of the tryptamine, we took off to the grocery store for supplies for the night. We each gathered up adequate food to keep ourselves satisfied for the next day, and headed back to the cottage. We all ingested our respective doses, ate a little bit of food, set up the fire place and played some music.

It didn’t take long for me to begin to feel the effects, probably just 30 minutes. As I was coming up I could tell this trip was going to be more than I had bargained for. I communicate this to the others and they remark that they have yet to notice anything.

After another 30 minutes or so, I am almost completely tripping. We rolled up a few joints and headed to the beach again to enjoy the sunset. On the short walk to the beach, full effects blossomed as the setting sun against the lake caught my eye. I was at a loss for words, stating only that “I can’t believe it took me so long to return”. My mind was at complete peace in this moment; the infinite vibration with no beginning nor end that is this universe, that is the very energy from which I am composed, was recognized, and I grew weak in the knees almost dropping in awe. I did not fall to the floor, but my eyes did shed a few tears at the beauty of the experience; it was akin to my first time experiencing LSD and looking at the sunset (I will try to get this trip report up soon, to offer a better sense of what had occurred). At this point the euphoria was akin to MDMA (5HT-1A agonism magic?) although much more fulfilling, much more meaningful.

We spent our time smoking the joints, and made a few other voyages to neat natural spots in the area. All the while, the peaceful resonance remained with me. I was extremely calm, not speaking much as the trip was internally oriented, but focused largely on the beauty of the immediate environment, the nature of human beings, and the universe. D and J both told me about 2 hours into the experience that they weren’t experiencing much, and I joked with them “Ahh you bastards, here I am out of my mind and you guys are all sober watching”. The remainder of the night was spent watching the fire dance in the darkness with music calmly playing in the background. We smoked more cannabis, and eventually called it a night, sleeping soundly and making our voyage home in the morning. Overall, this was quite a memorable experience with two very good friends of mine. The reunion with a tryptamine psychedelic was a great reminder of their powerful potential, and was the best, most comforting and welcoming example of such a reminder that I could have hoped for.

Cool, I'm looking forward to it. I love reading DOC experience reports, possibly because it's my favorite substance. To me, DOC might as well stand for "drug of choice" :)

I wish I knew which DOx it was because everyone speaks so highly of DOC that I want to try it. Unfortunately I was sold the blotters under the impression they were LSD, so I had a pretty long (~24 hour + time dilation!) trip after I ate 3 blotters, each spaced out by roughly an hour. It was a good trip looking back on it and I'm glad it happened, but at the time it was very frantic and unnerving.

So you have blotters that are not LSD but that's all you know? Are you sure it's a DOX?

I had them about six years ago, and from what I experienced I'm confident it was a DOx but can't be sure which.