• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

280mg codeine, were is the euphoria??

Memantine

Bluelighter
Did I miss a sweat spot or something? I took 280mg codeïne yesterday and for maby 30 minutes I was nicely intoxicated. Then I got sort of tired with severe pupil constriction, obstipation etc. But not much euphoria. It simply felt like my emotions were completely gone and I was feeling indifferent about everything.

I need to take even more for euphoria? Or less?

^welcome to opiates I guess. Usually not as good as they're said to be, then you take them to feel normal.

For the record I took codeine once and felt dysphoric- not a hint of euphoria in sight.

Yea codeine sucks. They use it for pain in children or people with very low tolerance to opiates. You really won't get high in my opinion. Just a slight buzz. Tramadol will do a better job than that. I am on suboxone however and no opiates get me high anymore . Not even the suboxone hardly.

Oh my soul, 280mg? That's heavy, I took 260mg once over an afternoon and by dusk I was just sweating profusely, passing in and out of a heavy nodding session and extremely nauseous. When I couldn't handle it anymore I stuck my finger down my throat and heaved yellow foam twice and then blood-red foam once. I had a fright, fell asleep and never drank 26 yellow Codeine tablets again in one day. It's weird because I've had the best 2-3 hour sessions of pure opiate bliss on only 6-8 tablets (60-80mg) and then when taking more sometimes I feel nothing. Codeine is tricky. Tramadol oh my fucking soul, 400mg of Tramadol gave me 6 hours of orgasmic bliss once and I've never been able to replicate it. Even with Morphine. Weird thing opiates. Always potentiate it though with Cyclizine HCL.

Codeines recreational effects are fleeting in my opinion, you can have a few fun nights with it if your opioid naive like me, but after a while it just becomes pointless to use it for anything else besides analgesia.

I take 40 x 30mg codeine /500 apap do cwe so 1.2 gram of codine i know they say the celing dose is 400/500 mg but not for me.
I nod and get decent euphoria from it for about 2 hour's I'm also on 100ml of methadone so have high opiate tolerance.

If you can get your hands on some Tramadol, I swear I've hit spots where the Tram + Codeine and a little bit of weed feels just like heroin.

remember codeine is essentially morphine. Your liver turns codeine to morphine. dont be mislead, its very addictive

i've taken codeine a fair bit but only had really good euphoria a handful of times
she is a fickle mistress