• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Detox 26 days in

Wantmylifebackk

Greenlighter
Hi there, New here. I?m 26 days clean from opiates, CT. Biggest issues now are lack of sleep, and the body aches (low back pain and what is prob RLS-achy legs, esp end of day and first thing in morning, subsides after being awake about an hour). Will try to make hx brief. 3 year hx of oxycodone use. Pain management first year taking appropriately at 50mg/day, by year 2-3 tolerance up and max dose a day 300mg. Stopped CT 10/2017, lasted 32 days, relapsed to 20-30mg/day Methadone for approx 4-5 months, stopped CT again 26 days ago (just want off). This time around acute WD was not nearly as severe, although still horrible, but now 26 days later I feel sleep is worse than last time, have tried numerous things (Benadryl, Klonopin-prescribed, Clonidine-prescribed) all make me fall asleep quickly but still waking after 3-5 hrs plus giving me hangover feeling. So I dumped my Klonopin and stopped taking Clonidine 3 days ago, now I?m tossing and turning for about an hour, falling asleep and still only getting roughly 3-5 hrs sleep per night, and been this way for past 26 days (out of bed by 3-4am). Legs aching feels like what is waking me, subsides after being up an hour or so, returns (aided by low back pain) by mid-day and by evening almost unbearable. Have tried Motrin and Tylenol PRN and ATC and it doesn?t help at all. Hot bath with Epsom helps for maybe 30 minutes, can?t take baths all day. I have been exercising daily for past couple weeks, maybe 20-30 minutes on treadmill, 20-30 minutes light stretches/floor exercises. Will add that I have always worked hard (job) for past 25 years, on feet, 12-14 hr shifts, but this addiction lead me to stop working and have been sitting on my tail for 2 1/2 years. Amazing how this crap causes you to not mind being completely useless and unproductive. Soooo, I?m hoping the body pain is related to being so sedentary for last 2 1/2 years and will improve. I guess what I?m inquiring is others experience with what is possibly RLS, or aching legs and back ache lasting this long and will it most likely improve? I do have SI joint dysfunction and mild DDD (but don?t most at age 40?) but I have high hopes that I can ultimately be pain free with consistent exercise and PT (started a couple weeks ago). If so, any estimation on when (I know everyone?s timeline is different)? I feel like I have only had one decent day in 26 days and I?m at my wits end. I returned to work for the first time in 2 1/2 years 2 weeks ago at only a couple days a week to start and by mid day I am ready to curl up in a ball from the aches and pains in my low back and legs. By the time I am off I?m useless and in extreme physical and mental stress from the ache and not knowing how to cope with it. I know it?s good for me to be back to work, but again, I feel like my body and mind are in a constant state of stress/panic from the aches. Doesn?t help I?m not sleeping well. When does this get better or does it? I?m so afraid of relapse bc of how long it takes to feel better and having 5 children I?m responsible for, the stuff that needs to be done never ends. I don?t necessarily crave, its just knowing that?s all it would take to not hurt. Like everyone else going thru this I just want to feel normal again. Also, I tried L-Tyrosine, gave me terrible headaches even at only 500mg (I have hx of migraines), am taking Vitamins (D, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc-mineral supp all combined, as well as a B complex elixir), have been introducing one every week to ensure no side effects. Was going to introduce Fish oil next? Maybe try Melatonin for sleep? I did try this once years ago, pre-opiates, to help with sleep but don?t remember it being effective. Lastly, I have been taking small amount of Adderall (also prescribed, but didn?t really bother taking during time on the oxys bc it?s really not my DOC) for past 2 weeks, it helps get me going but the mid-day crash isn?t really worth it AND...I simply wanna be off all prescription medications that are gonna mess with my brain/dopamine, etc. I hope since it?s only been a couple weeks I can stop with little to no additional withdrawals since I wasn?t really taking prior and only used it for about 2 weeks but I guess I?ll see. Can anyone share a similar experience that ends well? Just trying to find some hope. I have no one I can discuss this with. I keep a journal and pray but that?s it. Thanks

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum WMLB. I just noticed this message and realized that no one had properly welcomed you yet. I hope that you are still around. How are you feeling in this moment?

Want - Congrats for being here and I have a similar story to yours. I'm about a month is with one big difference - I've been taking 12.5 AmbienCR for about 5 years now. It helps me get about as much sleep as I have ever had - 5 hours a night. If I don't take it I don't sleep - at all. I've tried everything else and it's the best one. I've heard of people abusing it but I've never done that. One at night and I'm good. I had really bad RL for the first few weeks of detox and now it's finally getting better. I'm so happy to have that monkey off my back I can't even tell you but maybe what you need is a better sleep aid. I know nothing about it's interaction with anything else you have so obviously talk to your doc but I"m like you - when I don't sleep I can't function. I too have been totally unmotivated to do anything and just go to bed wen I get home but today I've been thinking about going for a walk. At least you are getting some exercise - that's a great thing. hang in there.

I didn?t think anyone was gonna respond so I hadn?t checked things. Thank you both for responding. I?m hanging in there but I won?t lie, I feel hopeless. Today is 34 days. Still only sleeping on average 4 hrs a night but I wanna say I?ve had 2 nights of 6 hrs sleep. No matter when I go to bed I wake up at 4am sharp. Tried to force myself to stay in bed til 5 this morning but only lasted til 4:30 bc my back was hurting. My biggest problem currrently is the back pain. It be one thing if it was intermittent but it?s constant so I feel really stressed all day bc there?s no break from it. By mid day I feel like I can?t go on and the knee, leg and feet pains chimes in with it. RL is primarily in evenings and upon waking. I?ve taken Motrin, Tylenol, Naproxen, and Boswellia with zero relief, doesn?t even take edge off. Using heat patches, ice packs, Epsom salt baths (not much bc I don?t have easy access to tub), and these things help for maybe 30 minutes. I?m still having a lot of tummy issues like every other day (bloating and poor digestion) which I?m sure doesn?t help the back issues but I dunno, it?s been constant pain since day 21 (been keeping a journal since I have no one to talk to about this) so two weeks with no breaks so again, just feeling hopeless and praying for some relief. I can?t live with this constant pain. I have hope it will get better but at the same time I feel hopeless, if that makes sense. Again, thank you so much for responding.