• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25i-nbome not dissolving in water/alcohol, or are those impurities or what?

rolodex propaganda

Bluelighter
I got 250mg 25i-nbome from a reliable person. I thought we had the understanding he'd send HCl, but I guess he could've accidentaly sent freebase instead. However, the former should dissolve in water and the latter should dissolve in alcohol. It will dissolve in neither. It's possible that some powder is dissolving, but that much is left behind, making it look insoluble. The amount of solvent used is not the issue as I'm using 1mg/mL.

Once in solvent, it seems to seperate into mostly white, and some tan clumps. What is going on? If this is 25i-nbome why is it not dissolving?

I can run a Marquis test, but that will be expensive with 25i-nbome so I'd really rather not. I msged the guy. I just hope I can figure this out in time still trip tomorrow like I was planning...

edit: 10-15 minutes later, much more looks like it has dissolved. However, there are little specs at the bottom, which may be the substance. Not sure what to think. Is this normal? I'm used to things dissolving right away.

I got 250mg 25i-nbome from a reliable person. I thought we had the understanding he'd send HCl, but I guess he could've accidentaly sent freebase instead. However, the former should dissolve in water and the latter should dissolve in alcohol. It will dissolve in neither. It's possible that some powder is dissolving, but that much is left behind, making it look insoluble. The amount of solvent used is not the issue as I'm using 1mg/mL.

Once in solvent, it seems to seperate into mostly white, and some tan clumps. What is going on? If this is 25i-nbome why is it not dissolving?

I can run a Marquis test, but that will be expensive with 25i-nbome so I'd really rather not. I msged the guy. I just hope I can figure this out in time still trip tomorrow like I was planning...

edit: 10-15 minutes later, much more looks like it has dissolved. However, there are little specs at the bottom, which may be the substance. Not sure what to think. Is this normal? I'm used to things dissolving right away.

Regarding HCL : If you heat the bottom of the vial, those crystals (if that's what they are) will dissolve, but might crash as the solution cools. You need this to stay dissolved, and when you go to use it, make sure it is . This compound is serious and not something you want to accidentally take too much of. If you keep heating the solution, then you will lose some to evaporation and your measurement method won't be as accurate as the solution is more concentrated.

The 25x-NBOMe's are big fat non-water-soluble compounds compared to their parent phenethylamines. It's normal to take some time, heating, stirring etc to dissolve it comletely.

If it all dissolves into water except for a tiny bit, filter & discard the stuff that doesn't dissolve.

Don't forget to add a preservative to make sure bacteria, mould etc don't grow and spoil your solution.

Try lowering the pH a bit if it's still not dissolving. I have some 25I (supposed to be HCl) which wouldn't dissolve in water after several minutes of stirring, but dissolved almost immediately once I added some vinegar.

The 25x-NBOMe's are big fat non-water-soluble compounds compared to their parent phenethylamines. It's normal to take some time, heating, stirring etc to dissolve it comletely.

If it all dissolves into water except for a tiny bit, filter & discard the stuff that doesn't dissolve.

Don't forget to add a preservative to make sure bacteria, mould etc don't grow and spoil your solution.

what does swim add as a preservative if he is diluting it in water? also does swim have to use a special water or will tap work?

Tasp water works OK if you are going to consume it all within ~2 weeks.

The standard preservative for solutions is either something like benzyl alcohol or cetrimonium bromide.

I disolved some in 91 percent rubbing alcohol and then poured into a glass bowl to allow it to evaporate into blotter i had in the bottom of the bowl, but after evaporation the powder is sitting on top of the blotter. Whats wrong? Wrong kind of paper? I ordered blotter sheet on ebay off a seller that has excellent feedback and the paper seams legit but didnt absorb any of the powder even when the alcohol had it disolved. Any ideas?

First of all 250 mg is a shit ton of this product IMO, I know vendors will still sell this but jeepers that's a lot.... you really should be careful and weigh it all out first... vendor could have sent more then you paid for..

You should really throw this question back at the vendor.... that's a pretty bad mistake to make IMO... free base is really rarely used at this point due to lower bioavailablity unless 'solved' with some kind of acid such as vinager.

Well, the HCL I had procured long before legislation was dropped dissolved in water OK... but it definitely took some agitation. When I placed it into good Vodka, it dissolved much more easily.

- I still have a bit in alcohol that has been in the freezer, laid off of it for a long time, came back to it and even at about 2 years old I still found a .300 mg dose quite profound when taken as a drip into my nose. - There has been 0 evap.... the bottle is labeled nicely.

Is this stuff bound to stay stable for years to come? I also had a bit - from a different batch where I let the alcohol evap and then the solution froze..... when I thawed it out is was still 100% potent.... that kinda shocked me as I would have thought the ice would have broken up the moleclular structure. Now granted there still had to be some alcohol in there.... the ice was solid.... not gelatin like but it liquefied way faster then water.... so that propbably helped preserve it

I disolved some in 91 percent rubbing alcohol and then poured into a glass bowl to allow it to evaporate into blotter i had in the bottom of the bowl, but after evaporation the powder is sitting on top of the blotter. Whats wrong? Wrong kind of paper? I ordered blotter sheet on ebay off a seller that has excellent feedback and the paper seams legit but didnt absorb any of the powder even when the alcohol had it disolved. Any ideas?
The blotter paper is probably made for acid, so it´s probably too thin and can only fit a couple of hundred ug´s of material. That or it´s just a blotter paper made for the artwork. People collect them, you know.

Anyway, you should get some thicker paper. Aand also, use a micropipette for dosing the blotters separately, your method could end up a disaster.