Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

25i-nBOME / 550ug - Inexperienced: Not much fun

addany

Greenlighter
Substance - 25i-nBOME
Dose - 550ug
ROA - buccal

This is a trip report I originally wrote for another forum but have decided to post here in the hope that I could get some suggestions as to what exactly happened, and to prevent others perhaps walking blindly into a similar situation....

Finally had a chance to sample my uncomplexed 25I pyramid blotters on Saturday night. My last experiments were 5-IT the weekend before, and a dissociative sample on the Friday night. I'd class myself as psychedelically inexperienced. I've had a couple of LSD blotters post-binge that had little effect (probably weren't LSD), and I've tried aMT a few times. I've been experimenting for about three years but have only played with chems outside of the stimulant class for eight months or so.

Had some healthy piri piri chicken wings at around 7pm. Shoved the blotter in between my lip and cheek at around 9pm and left it there for an hour before I accidently swallowed saliva + blotter. First noticeable effects were experienced within thirty minutes of inserting the blotter. Not long after words started to swirl on my screen and surfaces started to warp. A chest warmth and tension familiar from aMT started to build and soon I was cuddled up to my knees on a leather recliner. Music sounded lush and the thick reverbed synths from a fabric CD vibrated through my body; a release of serotonin chased each drop and my state of euphoria teetered ever closer to discomfort.

I moved from my chair to my bed as I was struggling to stay upright. I chatted for a while on IRC, headphones on, with a smile from cheek to cheek. Every nerve, from leg to head, blazed with pleasure, although a building pressure in my chest and towards my collarbone started to cause some concern.

The body load soon became too much and I removed my headphones and tried to calm myself down. This didn't work. The pressure in my chest continued to build as I tossed and turned to find relief. Sharp jolts raced through my sternum; similar to those experienced during SSRI discontinuation syndrome, except corporeal rather than psychological. I turned off the computer, monitor, and lights and tried to focus myself. I noticed at this point that my forehead was dripping with sweat and my t-shirt was soaking wet. Not long after this I lost sensation, and eventually full control, of my limbs. The feeling was not unlike that experienced after moderate/high doses of dissociatives. My mind felt detached from my body and immense concentration was required to bring myself back into the physical realm.

I struggled to stay lucid and started to succumb to confusion. Time flew and froze as I flickered in and out of consciousness. I tried to calm myself by reading a football article on my tablet but found it difficult to comprehend single sentences; not because of the psychedelic swirling of text but due to confusion. By the time I had finished reading the article I struggled to remember the contents of the opening paragraph, or even why I was reading it in the first place. Somewhere around this time, while lying on my front, muscles in my back started to involuntarily arch and spasm. At roughly this point (I can't recall whether it was before or after), I took two etizolam. Effects felt clearly did not correspond with the trip reports I had studied beforehand and I knew something was seriously wrong.

On several occasions, before the etizolam had kicked in, I had to fight to remain conscious. I was in a state of delirium and could not recall where I was or what I was doing. Repeatedly I drifted off into a dreamlike state and had to jolt myself into movement to stay in the room. Objects around me stopped making sense, I couldn't work out how my bedside table lamp operated, and I fell out of bed as I couldn't judge the distance between me and the edge of the matress. I felt a sharp, prickling, heat across my face and body and removed my t-shirt and trousers in an attempt to cool myself. I tried to move towards the shower in an adjacent bathroom in order to douse myself with cold water and lower my temperature, but was unable to stand.

I could feel the etizolam begin to take effect as the experience "darkened". This wasn't enough, however. I was aware that my symptoms resembled a condition that some on here may have recently been made aware of, and I took two more etizolam, knowing that benzodiazepines are a standard response. At some point soon after I took the last of my available etizolam, for a total of five. This is the only time I've ever taken more than two in one session. I would've taken more had I any left.

The small cracks of light emanating from my window started to dim. They were replaced by boomerang shaped, primary-coloured streaks of light that filled the contours and crevices of my room. This was intruiging, despite the situation, but, as time passed and the effects of the 25I faded, cogency and reality returned. Movement was difficult but I was fit to turn the lights back on and get back on IRC. I was stunned I could manage this considering how I'd felt ninety minutes previously. Eventually the etizolam overpowered me and I passed out.

After eight or nine hours of sleep I woke up and felt fine. I've had far worse hangovers from 5-IT and mephedrone. I ate then spent the afternoon in the park with a few drinks and a friend.

I've had what I would class as "nightmare" chem experiences three times in three years. The first was powering through two grams of high grade MDMA (minimal tolerance) in a day, and the awful week that followed. The second was multiple, consecutive, panic attacks after 90-100 hours awake abusing B2. This was the third and by far the most troubling, as I cannot see a clear cause. I've read no other horror stories involving 25I and [snip] seems like an upstanding vendor. Delivery was rapid and forum communcation commendable.

I'm left with a few question after this. Could the uncomplexed blotter have degraded in the two/three weeks since I received it? It hadn't left the bag so this seems unlikely. Could the dissociative sample I'd taken the night before lingered in my system and led to an adverse reaction? Was this just a simple freak out? I'm not prone to these and it doesn't explain the delirium.

People who know me through the forum/IRC will know that I'm fairly responsible with my use and that I'm definitely not one of the "branded crew". I'm puzzled with this one though.

People who have yet to sample it: keep plenty of benzos/etizos handy. This is the second time ever in my life that I've seriously entertained the thought of calling an ambulance.

extra:

Thought of a few more details to add.

My muscles were starting to lock up at ~90 minutes in and I couldn't move my shoulders much. I was staring at the ceiling watching shadows dance; again, it was borderline menacing but I stayed positive and had a gaping grin.

I saw intricate, sharp, oily patterns slide across my ceiling; those 70s style visuals with psychedelic patterns and vague Buddha outlines. The details were quite vivid and colours warped and morphed across the patterns as they scrolled across my room. I also started to see faces in my bed covers, hundreds of them. Also hallucinatory fingers pointing and the like.

It started to go downhill at this point but it was quite enjoyable up until then.

The vendor who sold me the blotters has suggested that some are "super-sensitive" to these compounds and that my suspicions of serotonin syndrome were correct. Has anyone got any other suggestions? Is it really possible that I wouldn't have a problem with 5-IT and similar drugs but still end up in such a state from one blotter? Across several forums people are reporting taking 2 or 3 at once without too many problems.

Awesome, thanks for this. Sounds a bit scary. I've got nothing to add, but am reading up more about this chem, as I have 50mg of the HCl salts on the way.