Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

(25i-NBOMe / 540ug) Inexperienced: A Rollercoaster of Emotions

kidklmx

Bluelighter
So here I finally am, writing my first trip report. 18 years old and an inexperienced psychedelics user at best. I consider myself well-read on the subject, though. I've had a psilocybin trip 2-3 years before this, though I think it was of really low dosage, as there wasn't really a lot going on, and I don't remember anything in particular of it. Other than that I've done a lot of MDMA and I'm a daily toker. Not really, what you would call an experienced user. Last year I heard one of McKenna's DMT preachings, and I became encaptured by the world of psychedelics. I read experience reports for days, weeks even, reading about which substance to take. My heart initially went towards LSD, but my dealer network is shady at best. Living in Holland makes getting high an easy one, so I looked at what the local smart shop had to offer. Psilocybin seems like the obvious choice, but I did have an experience with that before, so I looked towards something else. Ayahausca seemed a tad bit too much. The nausea of LSA was off putting and proper Cacti preparation is a bit of a hassle. (or so it seems) Eventually, I set my eyes on the NBOMe's. Dangerous with my experience, but given how serious I take this, I think I'm fine.

I prepared 270mg with a 100ml solution (I wanted to do 110 for 2.45mg/ml) giving a 2.7mg/ml solution. At that day (made the solution at around 11am) I didn't really plan to trip, but the longer I waited, the more I wanted to. Luckily that night was supposed to be laid-back one, hanging out with 2 other friends. (who aren't that much into drugs, and weren't dosing) At that point it was 8pm, I finally gave in and dosed 0.2ml nasally with an oral syringe.

10 minutes later the first friend (J) came over, still had to walk the dog so decided to do that because otherwise there wouldn't come much off it. Walking outside, I definitely was at +, feeling and MDMA like come up. Then, some seconds later I felt a change in my vision: everything was darker, more contrasty and there was that HD-look going on. This effect lasted for about 40 minutes, and I was initially disappointed by what it offered. J and me headed downtown to grab some green from the local coffee joint and eventually meet the second friend, which I'll name L. Then, things started to get wavy, and I mean really wavy. I couldn't understand what was going on until I sparked one.

My friends wanted to grab some beers, so we tried heading towards the 24/7 market. My head felt very clear, though I had trouble pinpointing my location. The nice part of this is that I was the only one who knew where the market was. To top it off we were right in the middle of the elections, and my town was one of political madness (promotion day). What followed was a 4 hour search for the supermarket. We went trough various streets, alleys. One alley that struck me, was one with a dead end. I was still leading our pack (are my friends that stupid? I would've never found the place), and I couldn't really see that it was a dead end. At the end of the alley there was a group of those cliche-street kids and we were invading their territory. Needless to say, they didn't really like us walking in there, and when we continued to to walk trough splitting the group up they became mad. Really mad. My mind found such things worthless, and I don't even know what I mumbled back to them but when we left the alley there suddenly was a second group headed towards us.

Back in the day I would do (read: abuse) a lot of amphetamine, and this was it all over again. We started running, and moving gave me such an empathic joy, such feeling of power. I don't know for how long I ran, but it seemed like forever. J and L were on cycles (mine is broken) and when they speeded past me the road would stretch out into infinity, with them at the end. This occurred a few times more, and every time the stretch got longer and more warped. The rest of the evening was equally weird, talking to racist hobos and such.

At the end of it I found this experience extremely fun, recreational but nothing close to what I wanted it to be. I didn't have much visual activity as well. Probably something to do with setting. So guess what I did the day after? Yup, I redosed. I knew about tolerance, but the fear of ODing was still very much there. (I now am much more, but not overly, confident with this substance)
--------------------------------------

So, I redosed that exact same amount and would plan on doing more if the effects weren't really there where I wanted it to be. Luckily I didn't have to at all. I guess I experienced some reverse-tolerance because it was the day after or something because this trip felt SO much stronger (while still being 0.2ml). I was having visuals within 20 minutes, the plant in my living room 'fading' around and my hand having some tracers. I again had to walk my dog, and during that walk it felt like I was to lose touch of reality at any given moment. My dog was a great help here, as I was comparing his reality to mine and he really felt like my only thread back to the normal world.

Obviously I took my dog with me to my room after we got back. I parked myself in my brand spanking new bed with my laptop and I started playing some tunes. I was still coming up at the time, but my MDMA-like love was setting in strong, very strong. Right at my peak I remembered that LSD-heads listen a lot of TOKiMONSTA, so I played some of that. Oh man, I've never experienced such euphoria, not even on MDMA. This was beyond my own being, there was this twisted sense of something bigger, entity like inhibiting my body. This being wouldn't really pop up and be there like on DMT, but it was somehow controlling my thoughts. It became pretty schizophrenic.

This being* made me pop on 1-800-SUICIDE by Gravediggaz, which was a pretty dark move. And so my trip took a darker turn, dealing with issues I was having in my life but really wasn't aware of (be nicer to my mom, smoke less weed, which I've both done) I was really on the edge of going bad, and I luckily snapped out of it by spinning something else (I think it was Love, Lust by Karma Kid), which had some amazing vibes and I was back in the state I was during TOKiMONSTA. Enjoying life in a way I've never done before. (actually I haven't really enjoyed life all that much, something I realized during) Then I checked the clock. "Holy fucking shit", I thought. Again holy fucking shit, because between this point and me getting in my room only 30 minutes had passed. Time dilation was in full effect, and I got a bit anxious. Again this entity like being made me play 1-800-SUICIDE, and my trip got dark again. I was having some thought loops now too, and actually 'trip loops' as this cycle of playing light/dark music (which would always be introduced by 1-800-SUICIDE) would go on for a subjective 3-4 hours but an actual 40 minutes.

At this point I was becoming tired like fuck, and I noticed some severe vaconstriction. Got me all anxiety like, which I didn't really experience before in this force. Again with the thought of it taking forever, the thought of ODing and all of that. I wasn't really sure about what to do now, and I was becoming bored with being in this state, which felt really child-like. The thought of child-like got me at Studio Ghibli's work (amazing stuff btw), and I hadn't seen Howl's Moving Castle yet, so I got around watching that. I highly recommend this movie while on some psych. as that world is just pure beauty and the visual contents feel so visual like, that it extends what you're seeing as well. It gets dark, but there is always this feeling of beauty, so it doesn't really get 'bad'. Love it, looking forward to see their other stuff when I'm done exploring my own consciousness.

This trip is exactly what I wanted psychedelics to be, and I look forward to testing some Tryptamines now for sure. Emotionally I've never been in a ride this high, but neither this low. It's insane, but beautiful. The schizophrenic feeling of this trip has me a bit worried about my own mental health, but surely I'm okay. I feel stronger now, and the world is more contrast-y than ever before. (good! I always felt my visual field was lacking) Can't wait for what my trips will throw at me next, be it dark be it light.

*Now I say being, I really have no idea what to call it because it doesn't comply with others' views of what an entity is, hard to explain

P.s please don't burn me on this report, it's my first one ever!

EDIT: Hurr, my writing is all over the place, I'll fix some of my grammar problems later on when I'm not tired of typing

Last edited:
What was the total duration from start to finish I read through the report my apologies if I missed it.

Now, did you snort the solution the first night? Or did you let the solution evapaporate and snort the powder? If the former was the case, it would explain the inconsistencies in intensity between the two nights, as there's a chance some of the solution would have gone down the back of the throat making the actual amount absorbed less than you would have thought.

I've heard this one is best taken in complexed blotter buccally (between the cheek) but I myself would try dissolving it in a solvent that evaporates quickly so as to be able to snort the compound effectively, although your method of insufflating a small solution sounds interesting too.

Would love some more information can you compare to lsd by chance? I've heard many comparisons to lsd and would love to find a potent compound of the phenethylamine class that doesn't last too long.

Thanks for the report.

Very well written report. definitely something that gives a good picture of what to expect if using a NBOMe psychedelic as ones first psychedelic experience.

Thou. I think he took the liquid solution sublingual. Insufflation is known to be a lot more stimulating, "adrenergic" and uncomfortable.

As to comparissons to LSD, he says that he doesn't really have any experience with other psychedelics. But I just tried this at at burning man (yes, you may be envious, it's okay :p) And it is a lot like LSD, but colours are a little different, and it's not totally as "deep". but in some ways more fun actually, imo.
It's also more stimulating to me compared with LSD, which I don't find stimulating at all. I know that some people do though. I see this "adrenergic" side as a positive to it's effects. But also something that makes me vary of taking high doses. My dose was 700 ug Hcl buccal, and I don't think I would go any higher than 1mg for this very reason (without tolerance). I laid the blotters myself btw.
My girlfreind commented that she thought it was very "delicate". Which I actually think is a very good, one word, description of the trip. It's much more lucid than the 2C's.

It's abolutely a very worthwhile substance. Come to think of it, I better post this in the 25I thread too.

I've been hearing comparisons to LSD which is something I've been looking for in a phenethylamine.

It's certainly on my list. Thanks for the info guys.

No I snorted the 0.2ml, didn't really think about evaporating it back so I'll try that soon (placing the solution on a spoon and heat it with a lighter, will that work?) I didn't notice any liquid dripping down to my throat but it could have happened. I went for the nasal route due to the fast onset. I tried (uncomplexed) 810ug sublingual another time as well, but the onset took 2 hours+ for me. Tolerance could be at play there though.

Both my experiences lasted about 5-6 hours, I think, but time was VERY off for me at the second trip so who knows. To me it's not stimulating at all, until I started running. Then this endless stream of energy kicked in and I loved it. Would make for some amazing jogging sessions or something like that, especially if nature is what your neighborhood consists of.

As a final addition, I think nasally this gives you some severe vaconstriction, but I only felt it when I wasn't doing anything. On sublingual I didn't feel anything of that at all, I was feeling very mellow though. My friend that did sublingual with me got EXTREMELY energetic, more so than when he does cocaine. I might ask him to write a report, as his experience went so much further than mine on that trip.

Last edited:
No I snorted the 0.2ml, didn't really think about evaporating it back so I'll try that soon (placing the solution on a spoon and heat it with a lighter, will that work?) I didn't notice any liquid dripping down to my throat but it could have happened. I went for the nasal route due to the fast onset. I tried (uncomplexed) 810ug sublingual another time as well, but the onset took 2 hours+ for me. Tolerance could be at play there though.

Both my experiences lasted about 5-6 hours, I think, but time was VERY off for me at the second trip so who knows. To me it's not stimulating at all, until I started running. Then this endless stream of energy kicked in and I loved it. Would make for some amazing jogging sessions or something like that, especially if nature is what your neighborhood consists of.

As a final addition, I think nasally this gives you some severe vaconstriction, but I only felt it when I wasn't doing anything. On sublingual I didn't feel anything of that at all, I was feeling very mellow though. My friend that did sublingual with me got EXTREMELY energetic, more so than when he does cocaine. I might ask him to write a report, as his experience went so much further than mine on that trip.
Yeah, I'm sure that evaporating it back will work, but remember 500 ug is such a small amount of material that if it's on a spoon it'll be distributed over the surface and you'll hardly be able to see it.

When you say 810 ug uncomplexed sublingual, I assume that you have the freebase? Mines the Hcl and it worked really good at just 700ug. I stuck the paper beween my lip and teeth and kept it there for 15-20 minutes. I wasn't even carefull to not swallow my spit because I forgot about it. Onset was pretty fast, like 45 minutes maybe. Surprised me a bit actually.
Come to think of it, your insufflated dose does sound stronger than when I took it. Set and setting has a lot to say aswell of cause.

I didn't have any vasoconstriction either, luckily. I think it's more common when insufflated or with high doses.

And yeah, "energetic" is a much better word than "stimulating" to describing that side of it.

Last edited:
No I have the HCL (it was soluble in water), and my problem with that dosage was that I had tolerance. My friend on the other hand was tripping HARD, the experience became just too much for him at certain points. But it did take VERY VERY long for both of us to come on, did get a buzzed feeling after an hour though but didn't really escalate into something for much longer. Could be a problem with the carrier, I'm using a piece of gum (stimerol senses) as I have too much liquid to fit inside watercolor paper.

I always assume the possibility of 'stimulation,' just a risk you run with phenethylamines I've noticed. Also known as 'bodyload/buzz.' I suppose the exception would be something like 2c-c, which is physically benign and quite mellow.

Not to hijack, does anyone have any experience with the other NBOMES and how they compare? 25I seems to be rather popular, but they all seem to be around.

I have a choice between 25I and 25D (the latter being a bit pricier, same ug dose though) hcl on ion exchange paper. Will have to do some reading up on the two.

Last phen I had was 2c-p - a gigantic dissapointment.

From what I've read 25D isn't visually as spectacular as 25i, but in terms of headspace it does so much more. Really, I think combining the 2 would make for an amazing trip, though no comment on vaconstriction and such (which does get pretty intense from 25C+25i from what I've read, so be cautious) I think this post here could help you out a great deal

And yeah, the stimulation/energy is there on 25i, but I dont really experience it a lot. The euphoria makes it all a bit mellow for me (same thing with MDMA). YMMV, because again, my friend did experience a lot of stimulation.