View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

25c-NBOMe Blackouts and Violence

apple420

Bluelighter
Last night i was trip sitting my friends JT and Eli. JT took 2 1000mcg blotters and Eli took 1. We were in Eli's shed in the back yard smoking some weed when they started to trip. after about an hour of them laughing and having fun JT tried to read a news paper. I dont know why but he threw it at me then screamed fuck you guys. He then stood up got in my face and said fuck you and slapped the shit out of me. I took off running and went into the main house to get the other 2 sober people to help but JT came inside. He apologized, hugged me, and started crying. i told him it was ok and he sat down. I later asked Eli what happened when i ran out and he said JT didnt even know what he did or why i left.
At this point JT got extremely confused and kept asking where he was and what was going on. He kept saying really guys stop fucking with me then getting angry again. He tried to attack me a second time and i ran out of the house and didnt come back untill after his dad came and got him.
when i came back i was told he just kept doing the same thing. getting confused then angry trying to hurt people and then getting confused again. He also said he was going to kill everyone and every 10 minuts or so he would get up sprint out of the front door and then come back in the back door then ask what just happened.
Later that night when he came down he text me and appologized and said he was fine but didnt remeber much exept what he was told. This is just a warning of how dangerous and unpredictable these research chemechals can be.

anger and confusion can be quite common especially in lesser experienced psychonauts and at higher dosages... any sort of dose over about probably 500ug of 25C is too much I would say for anything but the most seasoned tripper.

Doubly so if you start combining it with strong cannabis, also known to cause anxiety attacks in some... esp. in combination with a 5ht2a agonist. See also; LSD and weed freakouts, mushrooms plus weed causing freakout.

I am 200 pounds......... had 600mcg and it was worst trip ever,my heart felt weak but it was beating too strong and scary fast I tought I am gonna die for 5 hours,,,, and this dude had 4x more?

yeah I always hear of friends dropping like 3000 ug......fuck that stuff..I wint ever go near it again

They're not bad compounds at "proper" doses... c.f. less than 500ug!

For fucks sake... nobody would do 500ug of acid their first time and expect everything to be all hunky-dory if you had no idea what it actually did.

Sekio, is it not true though, that people have had horrific side effects from nbome at "normal doses"? Plus 500ug of nbome is probably relatively equipotent to maybe 150-200 ug acid. IMO.

Further the headspace of nbome is tricky and one can easily be seduced into taking to much whereas acid its entirely possible to overdo it, things get a little too weird quicker than with nbome.

This has nothing to do with the fact that you took a research chem and everything to do with fact that you guys took a psychedelic. Psychedelics can be very unpredictable for some people and your friend that freaked out probably should not take psychedelics anymore.
Some people have mentioned to me that they'd love to do a bunch of MXE but honestly, I have to stop and ask myself how will this person react to the MXE when they're sitting in the livibg room wondering "where the fuck am I and who the fuck are all these people I'm with right now???"
Not everyone can handle being in an extremely unusual state of consciousness and some people freak out and panic. Some people remain calm and wait to see what happens ;)
Psychedelics are just not for everyone.
Also,as Sekio said that was a huge dose! Massive doses of psychedelics usually lead to freak outs for most people. Common sense goes a long way!

Last edited:
People can do weird and violent stuff on NBOMes and not remember it. This guy took 1 mg of 25i.

And that's the last thing I remember. The police report goes on to describe how I flipped the glass living room table. I started playing with pieces of broken glass, throwing them like nun-chucks into the walls. I turned and threw a piece at my other roommate. I missed, barely slicing his throat. He locked himself in his room. My tripping roommate tried to grab me and stop me. I beat him to the ground, giving him a concussion. Then I took off my clothes completely, and ran around my street. I destroyed a car by elbow slamming it and then kicking the door in. I chased after neighbors and banged on their doors. https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=101823

This has nothing to do with the fact that you took a research chem and everything to do with fact that you guys took a psychedelic. Psychedelics can be very unpredictable for some people and your friend that freaked out probably should not take psychedelics anymore.
Some people have mentioned to me that they'd love to do a bunch of MXE but honestly, I have to stop and ask myself how will this person react to the MXE when they're sitting in the livibg room wondering "where the fuck am I and who the fuck are all these people I'm with right now???"
Not everyone can handle being in an extremely unusual state of consciousness and some people freak out and panic. Some people remain calm and wait to see what happens ;)
Psychedelics are just not for everyone.
Also,as Sekio said that was a huge dose! Massive doses of psychedelics usually lead to freak outs for most people. Common sense goes a long way!

Dude....back in MY high school days it was simple......there was mushrooms, acid, weed, If johnny two-tokes couldn't handle his shit we had a laugh about it and it was back to the grind Monday morning and round 2 by the next weekend....these drugs weren't as dangerous,.....people rarely had SEVERE freakouts were they were going to harm themselves or others....its not about psychedelics and who can handle their shit IMO.....its new RCs with little known research and safety in humans. NBOMES are unpredictable IMO.....In fact Ive watched seasoned vets who have done TONS of acid wig out on 25x several times....including ME....I nearly called an ambulance due to severe chest pain and cardiovascular reaction.....from just over one tab.....just over one tab shouldn't be life threatening with any compound....there should be a little room to titrate up\, wouldn't you say??? I believe my dose was about 700ug.

if you think that there were no psychedelic drug disasters in the 70s and onwards... think again. 5-10mg STP tablets any one. DOB blotters. etc.

and 700ug of most any nbome is far from a small dose. whoever is putting that on tabs is a reckless moron. as I keep saying, these compounds are active in the 150-300ug range... if you're taking more you're either reckless, looking for adventure, or have a mad tolerance going.

Dude....back in MY high school days it was simple......there was mushrooms, acid, weed, If johnny two-tokes couldn't handle his shit we had a laugh about it and it was back to the grind Monday morning and round 2 by the next weekend....these drugs weren't as dangerous,.....people rarely had SEVERE freakouts were they were going to harm themselves or others....its not about psychedelics and who can handle their shit IMO.....its new RCs with little known research and safety in humans. NBOMES are unpredictable IMO.....In fact Ive watched seasoned vets who have done TONS of acid wig out on 25x several times....including ME....I nearly called an ambulance due to severe chest pain and cardiovascular reaction.....from just over one tab.....just over one tab shouldn't be life threatening with any compound....there should be a little room to titrate up\, wouldn't you say??? I believe my dose was about 700ug.
People freak out on acid in exactly the same way... Also, unless you laid those tabs yourself, how in the world could you know that your tab is 700mcg? Because your dealer said so? (In fact even if you did lay those tabs yourself it is still likely that those tabs are evenly spread out at 700mcg.
Yes, the unknown is potentially dangerous and generally a lot of RC's are pretty new so there is not the same level of safety as say LSD.
However, I've read about AND personally seen pretty much the same shit happen to people on LSD and even on high doses of shrooms. It in fact has everything to do with how you handle yourself in a "severe" psychedelic state.

Last night i was trip sitting my friends JT and Eli. JT took 2 1000mcg blotters and Eli took 1. We were in Eli's shed in the back yard smoking some weed when they started to trip ... JT got extremely confused and kept asking where he was and what was going on. ... he just kept doing the same thing. getting confused then angry trying to hurt people and then getting confused again. ... This is just a warning of how dangerous and unpredictable these research chemechals can be.
I'm actually appalled at the misinformation being spread here. There is no need to fear monger; this is entirely an issue of the user's preparedness and personality/pre-disposed conditions. First, please consider the high potency, side-effects and extreme dose-response curve present in all NBOMe chemicals. Next, consider that 25c-NBOMe is in fact one of the most potent NBOMe compounds in existence, clocking in at about 2 times as potent as 25i-NBOMe and around 1/3rd-1/5th as potent as LSD. Now take into account that 25c-NBOMe is active at as low as 100ug and that erowid considers 700ug the high end of a "strong" dose. Make no mistake, 2mg/2000ug is an overdose. There is no leeway here, your friend is lucky he wasn't hospitalized. Such heroic doses of super-potent research chemicals are extremely irresponsible.

The highest dose of 25c-NBOMe I've ever taken is 1.2mg with a tolerance (700ug 25b-NBOMe trip 5 days prior). Even then it was EXTREMELY intense, I cannot even begin to imagine 2mg. Appropiate dosage ranges for 25c are available all over the internet, from erowid to bluelight. In addition, combining weed and psychedelics is known to cause confusion and panic in many people. Why wasn't more research and preparation done for such an extremely high dose?

in MY high school days it was simple......there was mushrooms, acid, weed ... people rarely had SEVERE freakouts were they were going to harm themselves or others....its not about psychedelics and who can handle their shit IMO.....its new RCs with little known research and safety in humans. NBOMES are unpredictable IMO ... I nearly called an ambulance due to severe chest pain and cardiovascular reaction.....from just over one tab.....just over one tab shouldn't be life threatening with any compound ... I believe my dose was about 700ug.
Aaand you can thank your government for the rise in popularity of RCs. However, this is not as simple as you make it seem. First of all, unlike JT's dose 700ug of 25c is a reasonable amount, and while very intense, would be unlikely to cause any real physical problems in most people. What you are describing sounds like yet another psychedelic panic attack blamed on the drug. Just because you have experience with classical psychedelics does not make you suddenly immune to bad trips. Aside from overdoses like the one summarized by the OP, it is in fact ALL ABOUT preparation, environment, and who can handle their shit on high doses. If you were worried about physical/mental consequences, why wasn't an allergy test peformed? Why weren't anxiolytics or benzos obtained before the trip? Why bother taking a high dose of 25c in the first place? Panic attacks and psychotic/violent outbreaks can happen just the same on LSD or mushrooms, ESPECIALLY at high doses... yet they are supposedly 'safe' drugs. A simple google search will reveal many reports of these crash-and-burn trips on classical psychedelics, including ones involving fears of physical maladies/dying/going insane/etc. Please view such experiences from all angles before fear mongering. The last thing we need is more fuel for the media to justify the continued prohibition of psychedelic drugs.

In addition, 'just over one tab' is not a solid measured dose in any right. And like others mentioned, there is no way of knowing how much is actually on the tab, or if it has hot spots. However it is indeed very unfortunate that dealers are dosing blotter papers so high with such super-potent compounds. There is no reasonable justification to dose a tab with more than 500ug 25c. 1000ug 25c tabs? That's preposterously high and will only lead to overdoses in uneducated users; however, this is all the more reason to DO YOUR RESEARCH. Please people, if you can't do research and you're going to mess with compounds like 25c-NBOMe, save yourself a hell-trip and pick up some mushrooms instead. That way when you have a panic attack you won't have to worry about taking a trip to the ER.

This has nothing to do with the fact that you took a research chem and everything to do with fact that you guys took a psychedelic. ... Massive doses of psychedelics usually lead to freak outs for most people.
Yes, the unknown is potentially dangerous and generally a lot of RC's are pretty new so there is not the same level of safety as say LSD.
However, I've read about AND personally seen pretty much the same shit happen to people on LSD and even on high doses of shrooms. It in fact has everything to do with how you handle yourself in a "severe" psychedelic state.
Adding your quotes to emphasize my point - you speak the truth. The freak-out described by the OP is clearly a result of reckless dosing; notice how Eli, who had taken half the dose that JT had, did not have violent outbursts or confusion. The same can happen with classical psychedelics on huge doses especially if the tripper is susceptible to psychosis. However, this is not to say 25c-NBOMe is safe; quite the contrary - you must be prepared for the possible physical risk that comes with overdoses of full 5-HT2 agonists. In the case of a SEVERE overdose, it would be a different story. NBOMe chemicals are known to cause vasoconstriction in high doses which is dangerous when taken to extremes.

Hopefully this serves as a warning to potential trippers. NBOMes aren't anything to mess around with, nor is any psychedelic for that matter. But this doesn't mean they are the devil's spawn, either. As long as they are taken in reasonable doses and you fully prepare for the trip they can be used responsibly - and quite enjoyably as well.