• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

240mg OXY a day HELP

godisgay5000

Greenlighter
I know this is a highly discussed topic but I need some advice on getting off Oxys. Currently taking 3 x 80s a day for the last 2 months. Stopped for 2 days last week with the assistance of kratom (6 grams over the course of the day) but the desire was too much and a cracked. Back on them now, this is the worst its been and I need help. Im depressed but never seeked out professional help, but at this point I feel I need it - not to get on methadone but just regarding depression.

Any advice would be great

All I got for advice aside from tapering is to try to get as much physical activity as possible. Doesnt even have to be conventional exercise, just go on a walk. Walk as long as you can. Do some stretching/housework/yardwork anything at all other than be sedentary and fixated on how awful you feel. Keep taking the kratom, try to get that down to 3.5-4 grams if you can and then further reduce until you're on about 2g kratom and then just jump off from there. 240mg is a lot of oxy dude, so no hurry with the taper, but be aware that kratom shouldn't be taken for prolonged periods (months and years) if your end goal is to actually get clean or you'll just switch addictions to kratom and begin to crave it as it has a stimulating/anti depressant effect that is actually alluring in it's own unique way.

Have you considered that you may have been feeling depressed before the oxy and simply had it fall to the wayside whilst using the opiod in its honeymoon phase?

Yeah I was stuck at work last week so kicking was pretty rough even for those 2 days. Don't want to switch addictions just want to get off this shit, its beyond the point of enjoyment tbh. In the summer I was feeling great and going to the gym 5/6 days a week and swimming but then they snuck back into my life. Longterm sobriety is often just such a daunting prospect sometimes. I was depressed well before I started using and I am definitely well aware that I am using to soothe depression but I am also pretty aware that it is probably worsening it.

Really appreciate the advice, this is the first time ive spoken to anyone about these issues ever

Do you personally find cannabis beneficial for your particular biochemistry/acceptable in your living situation? I find it helps, especially with getting your gut to feel ok enough to sort of eat normally. Also helps with the irritability/ overwhelmed-at-basic-life-stuff feeling that seems to linger after kicking opiods.

Unfortunately not at the moment, smoking anyway. Would you recommend edibles? I have tried a dozen times maybe with very differing experiences, a couple were definitely too much. Resulting in a negative paranoia induced experience.