• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

2024 Goals

Hannah Capps

Let the Redeemed of the Lord Say So
Well, last week I took a look at my 2023 spending and where the heck all of it went. I get $1,234 a month, and by the second week of the month, I'm down to 200 dollars.

So, I took a gander at what's bleeding my funds dry—the number one thing, Amazon.com. I cancelled that membership two days ago. Number two: stupid impulse purchases. Number three is having three or more subscriptions to the same thing. Apple Music and Spotify, for example. Three VPN's. The list goes on. So, I'm still going to buy on Amazon, but that shipping cost is a gatekeeper. Do I really need this? Subscribe and save. Yea no.

The essentials are: rent, car payment, gas, phone bill, and gym membership. The extra things are Quill Bot (because I'm writing a lot more and will be going back to school) and Zoho (again for writing collaborations with the stories along with people who can help me proofread, edit, offer suggestions, etc. for the stories I'm writing and for going back to college).

One other doable thing is actually finishing small cleaning chores around the house for mom and dad, because it not only helps them but also myself when I move out at some point, or even when they move to a bigger home and I have an extra apartment off to the side, over the garage, whatever. There're things that need to stay constant on my end, and that is one of them.

Another is being responsible with my medications and keeping up with refills. My parents currently have them all locked up and given to me because I refuse to say 'no' to taking a pill when I'm feeling overwhelmed rather than spending 10 minutes by myself in my room. When I really need a benzo, for example, before a serious meltdown, I should have it on hand. Mom has one benzo for this reason but is too old to keep up with my foolishness.

They're getting older—60's, 70's, and I'm 40. It's time to put this crap to bed and grow up. They'll be gone before I know it, and I'll need these life skills to survive.

I'm off to clean the upstairs bathroom.