• Before 2007?

Votes: 33 21.3%
  • Not at all

Votes: 77 49.7%

• Total voters

IGNVS

Bluelighter
2007--dmt's year

swilow's addition: At the request of IGNVS I have started this poll, with three questions:

-Did you first do DMT in 2007?

-Before 2007?

-Not at all?

last year it seems like alot of people were turned on to dmt. alot of new teks came about and the ease of aquiring the spice has probably contributed to its spread. on this forum and others theres been alot more talk about it than in 06 and previous years. if i could have this thread turned into a poll to see how many people were turned on in 07 that would be rad (i know you cant include non blers in the poll but if you feel like including how many people you know that would apply in a post it would contribute alot). also if it could stay separate from the big and dandy thread i would apreciate it.

this is a thread to talk about the rise of dmt as a more mainstream psychedelic, the accumulation of new information this previous year, the benifits and the negatives, including observations, ideas, and thoughts on the future of this substance as well as the effects it may have legaly and socialy as we blast off into 2008 =D

Last edited by a moderator:
i was turned on in november... i was quite impressed, smoked it 2 or 3 times & snorted it with oral passion flower once. i never broke through, but i have been amazed to the point where, if DMT comes my way at any time, i'll pounce on the oppritunity.

It wont spread too far before the DEA fucks it up for everyone.... Just a matter of time until Mimosa Hostilis (Root Bark) is classified as an illegal drug...:\

that was the problem on my mind, after brainstorming for a while i thought it would be a good idea to get a league of extrordinary trippers collaborating to become kinda like johnny apple seed and order a bunch of seeds to spread over their area/state to keep the dea from gaining too much power over its supply.

It was definitely a lovely year with DMT...by far the most DMT I have smoked in a period of time. Not the year I was turned on (that was 2006 taking it orally).

I know I've said it on here, that 2007 was a very special year, spiritually, for me and I think a lot of other people on Bluelight. There was something very special in the 'air' from march-june (for me at least).

I think I will take an oral DMT trip soon to bless this Earth again...

peace and love friends,
S_S

that's a great idea, but there's so many dmt containing plants, i don't know if it would even be possible to schedule them all...

There are plants that contain DMT that can be found in the wild in North America.

How cool would that be to do a NorthAmericahuasca ceremony with all wild plants, in the middle of the woods, boiling up your brew over a cauldron with a group of a dozen or so fellow trippers.

The problem with trying to get plants going (in the US anyway) is that cultivation of M. hostilis in a productive (not just specimen plants) way is going to be severely restricted. There aren't all that many places with the right climate, and they take quite a while to grow.

The other well known north american plants like D. illinoisis are pretty low in DMT content compared to MHRB.

It does seem like there was a lot of interest this past year. Some of it may have been prompted by fairly easy access to synthetic material as well as the plant sources.

I don't think it will ever "take off" like LSD, MDMA, etc have, and will probably stay limited to people really into that sort of thing. I have a hard time seeing people puffing the melange for fun... and a lot of people take psychedelics for fun.

I have always wondered if I could get a couple of M. hostilis going in my yard. I already have a couple of other varieties of mimosa going. I live down on the southernmost tip of txas in a semi-tropical region. It freezes every once in a while, maybe once every 2-3 years. Think they would take???

I wish someone could figure out how to get useable DMT from phalaris grass that would fix all DMT supply problems. I have never heard of a successful cultivation of M. hostilis in the U.S. outside of a greenhouse.
Phalaris will grow almost anywhere but people have never been able to separate the toxic stuff out of the extractions. I’m sure a large laboratory could do it but we need some backyard methods that average Joe can do.

Help master chemists!!!

No it doesn't unless you do something about it Ginger Jack. At least that is the impression that I get.

One must invite DMT and trust me, she/it/they are more then willing to drop by....IGNVS, tell me (PM) what options you want and I'll make the poll, or just mention them here. I think I'll have to start a new thread though....

samadhi_smiles said:
I know I've said it on here, that 2007 was a very special year, spiritually, for me and I think a lot of other people on Bluelight. There was something very special in the 'air' from march-june (for me at least).

That time of year usually has something 'special in the air' for me as well. I'm pretty sure its related to the solar cycle as march is the equinox and june the solstice. On a positive note, we're on the upswing again
fing24.gif

It wont spread too far before the DEA fucks it up for everyone.... Just a matter of time until Mimosa Hostilis (Root Bark) is classified as an illegal drug...

While I wouldn't doubt it, I think prosecutions for DMT alone are extremely rare. In my opinion the trial could get rather complex using the "you're all holding" argument, because the judge and jury would also be acting as 'DMT carriers' and a cleverly crafted argument with the right judge and jury could shed some light on the complete farce known as the "war on drugs" and perhaps set a precedent. It may not seem like it, but I think there are limits to the DEA's stupidity and they may not want to risk the whole house of cards coming down.

the posible confrentation could bring up a pretty amazing supreme court case.

with enough pressure on the system and enough suport from deemsters around the u.s. i think some we might be able to take some ground.
let them know that it is potentialy an extremly important molecule in understanding the functions of our minds and its potential in reaserch along with the fact that it is nearly harmless (and produced in every mamals brain) and should have never been added to the list of banned drugs... well shit what would a supreme court justice say to that.

once the media catches on and starts having stories the dea will push one way and i think alot of people will push back. but when shit hits the fan i think heros will be made. change will happen.

btw i had my first dose in march 07, the 18th i believe

Last edited:
My first time was on Sept 6, 2007. Haven't broken through yet, but at some point soon there will be a whole lot of it sitting around here :)

I was TURNED ON to DMT in 2007!!!

Honestly it was a life changing experience and I have begun and sincerely enjoy spreading the love to everyone. I would say that I turned on about 30 people in 2007 with the help of my boyfriend Delsyd.

Im not religious in the slightest but I am very spiritual. DMT opens those doors that people who smoke DMT or not may not even know exist. Infinite possibilities, ego death, entities, beautiful OEV's and CEV's (actually im not even sure what the visuals are.... manifestations of a parallel universe... hyperspace.... who knows) But what more could you ask from a psychedelic? Sigh. I love DMT.

e1evene1even said:
That time of year usually has something 'special in the air' for me as well. I'm pretty sure its related to the solar cycle as march is the equinox and june the solstice. On a positive note, we're on the upswing again
fing24.gif
Yes, I think I feel the upswing! <3

i'm very interested in trying DMT

The problem is getting my mitts on it. Is it that difficult to harvest and cultivate yourself?