• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

2-meo-diphenidine and drug testing (false positive for PCP?)

methoxetaman

Bluelighter
Hey,

I am wondering if anyone has any information or experience regarding 2-meo-diphenidine aka methoxyphenidine or just diphenidine and drug testing. I am specifically trying to find if it can trigger a false positive for PCP (I believe it did for me, we will see with a lab confirmation) but there is always the possibility that I did not take what I thought I took.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

From my source...
A ton of NMDA antagonists will throw a false positive for PCP brother. I am very sorry to hear you had that problem. MXE can, DXM can... I would assume the 3-meo-pcp/3-meo-pce can...

While MXP is not an analog to PCP it isn't exactly a mile away structurally, either...

It is most definitely MXP. It came from a lab I trust the very most (1 out of 2) in regards to product purity, quality, and honesty in product representation.

I have worked extensively with the lab in the past and I know for a fact they NMR their products. The analysis on the page is legitimate.

Makes me feel somewhat better. I guess there really isn't any information out there about this. I'm praying that 1. it was actually mxp and 2. it doesnt metabolize into something that pcp metabolizes into as well and that this lab confirmation shows false positive. I'll report back on what happens.

From my source...

Makes me feel somewhat better. I guess there really isn't any information out there about this. I'm praying that 1. it was actually mxp and 2. it doesnt metabolize into something that pcp metabolizes into as well and that this lab confirmation shows false positive. I'll report back on what happens.

I've never heard of a lab that tests for pcp metabolites. I don't believe this is looked for during conformational drug testing. It is impossible to get a false positive via lcms confirmatory testing, only the real drug being looked for (pcp in your case_) will give a positive for this type of test.

There isn't really a way to be sure, and I do think some analogues like 3-MeO-PCP can come up as a false-positive. It most probably isn't 100% selective but it's not like the drug panel has an NMDA receptor in it either to which all dissociatives stick. No metabolites either, pretty sure they use one kind of antibody.

Unfortunately PCP is tested for even in the most basic 5-panels.

We don't officially condone drug testing threads, especially those involving trying to pass one stealthily... but yeah I think that unless someone has first hand experience with this you'd have to go with: probably not but don't count on it a 100 percent.

Check the drug testing vault on Erowid for more general info.

I've never heard of a lab that tests for pcp metabolites. I don't believe this is looked for during conformational drug testing. It is impossible to get a false positive via *lcms confirmatory testing, only the real drug being looked for (pcp in your case_) will give a positive for this type of test.

*do you mean gc/ms?

i should be fine. thanks everyone.

GC/MS is gas chromatography mass spectrometry, LC/MS is similar but with liquid chromatography.

Often drug tests first do a preliminary test via immunoassay and after a positive do a confirmation with LC/MS... checking with a tox screen what is actually in your body.

Well I took a urine for probation last week with a quick cup and I came up poz for PCP but I had been using MxE all week. Not the first time it's happened. Luckily I'm on Lamictal which(very rarely)can cause false poz for PCP as well but it's never been an issue. So I've got the PCP covered, I got my Med MJ card last week and I have a script for Addie's so I'm good. Lol

That is good info, but since you post it in a 2-MeO-diphenidine related thread it is worth noting that MXE is an arylcyclohexylamine like PCP, which the diphenidines are not.

Well if anyone is curious I demanded a lab confirmation and it was confirmed as "no pcp detected" so I am in the clear as far as that goes. I really have no other explanation besides the 2-meo-diphenidine; I was not taking any other drugs at that point either.

It's funny cus I've never had a problem with *pure* batches of MXE. But I have had the iffy batches of MXE cause false positive. Never the white fluffy or the crystal sand.

For some reason preliminary tests can give plenty of false positives, I guess you catch more that way if it a little redundant / excessive.

Precursors in the dubious products may have something to do with it, could be impurities or case of mistaken identity. You are sure it was MXE? Maybe contaminated. Or again: just false positive.
And could be the methoxphenidine resembles PCP enough to bind to the antibody in the test (somewhat).