• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

2 kilos of powdered soap leads to month in jail for young couple

Bluelight Crew
http://articles.mcall.com/2013-12-1...nd-soap-20131213_1_trooper-drug-suspects-soap

When a state trooper pulled the couple over along Interstate 78 last month, he said he stopped them because they were going 5 miles over the speed limit and hugging the side of the lane.

The trooper said he smelled marijuana. The driver of the new Mercedes-Benz, 26-year-old Annadel Cruz, told him she had smoked the drug before she left New York City, but had not done so in the car.

The trooper asked to search the car, and Cruz consented. When the trooper found two plastic-wrapped packages in the trunk of the car, Cruz told him they contained soap she had made herself.

The trooper field-tested them and Cruz and her friend, 30-year-old Alexander Bernstein, spent the next month in Lehigh County Prison after being arrested on cocaine-trafficking charges.

They got out this week after the Lehigh County district attorney's office dropped the charges because a state police lab tested the packages and found they contained boric acid or soap.

Attorneys for the couple are questioning the investigation, accusing the trooper of profiling the couple and botching the field test.

"I think it is a nice car with out-of-state plates and a Hispanic female behind the wheel" that prompted the traffic stop, said Josh Karoly, who represents Bernstein. "If it was me driving that car, this wouldn't have happened."

Cruz's attorney, Robert Goldman, said, "After this, everyone should pause about jumping to conclusions when a field test is said to be positive by law enforcement. There are people going to jail on high bail amounts based upon these field tests."

Bernstein was sent to prison under $500,000 bail and Cruz under $250,000 bail by District Judge Jacob Hammond.

The story continues: http://articles.mcall.com/2013-12-1...nd-soap-20131213_1_trooper-drug-suspects-soap

Fuck the cop that pulled them over and every cop out there profiling people based on race or any other bull shit excuse they can use to pull them over.

Hope he gets fired but I'm sure he won't.

Me and my two brothers were profiled and pulled over based on bull shit by our local state troppers. He was so sure we were going to jail only to get a couole fuck offs after a dog was walked around our car and found nothing.

Check out ten rules for dealing with police on youtube. Knowledge is power in situations like this.

I know a field test is as simple as chemistry gets.. but lets not forget we are talking about cops having to perform these and with the level our law enforcement seems to be at I just dont feel a bunch of these people are qualified at a complex task such as this. Also given the fine washing product they provide in jail this person could have gotten all sorts of perks if she started making some nice soap in the can.. Bob Barker industries or what ever the name of that awful drug war exploiter would have been pissed.. what an infringement of her rights.. hope she gets some cash for this but she won't.. wonder if she got her soap back? Cops probably took half of it before it got to the impound anyway.. I can just see them "field testing" it at home.. and it made me smile.

Last edited:
Jail serves them right. They were in a dangerous situation, having soap packaged like that, and having smoked weed once.

(sarcasm, and paraphrasing from a comment in the thread about the cops shooting a woman during a drug raid)