• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

2-FDCK with EGCg (Green Tea Extract) for Harm Reduction - Bladder Impact - Thoughts?

Has your bladder been negatively impacted by Ketamine (and related substance) use?

• Absolutely

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Kind Of

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Not at All - Bladder damage is overhyped

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

wilderdamon

Greenlighter
Doing a lot of experimenting with 2-FDCK with Ketamine starting soon - bladder issues worry me - this brought me to research done with green tea extract.

I've been eating EGCg supplements and there seems to be a positive effect - could be that Green Tea is just good for you.

Would love other expert opinions on heavy Ketamine/derivative compound use and methods to offset any bladder issues. What has worked for you, not worked.

Is green tea extract not effective? I've heard 'Pumpkin Seed Extract' is effective? It all seems rather sketchy - I'l looking for the best possible bladder protection so I don't end up with 'Ketamine bladder syndrome'.

Thanks,
D

It *seems* to help me. I've seen some discussion that higher doses might not necessarily be better for preventing ACH damage, and since EGCG is known to be hard on the liver (edit: at high doses) I usually hover at 70-100mg anyway. Also lots of water and making sure not to 'hold it', which can be hard since K can make bladder fullness less apparent while you're high. If I'm not mindful I can go overnight with a full bladder and not really realize it.

Also, do *not* swallow the drip.

There's a long sticky thread over in the psychedelics forum.

Re: the poll, I started getting the first signs of bladder discomfort pretty quickly into my ketamine use, under 10 grams in IIRC, but I was unaware so I was swallowing the drip, not staying hydrated, etc.
Much appreciate the comments. Have you looked into pumpkin seed extract? I know it sounds a bit wonky but here is the science:

It's not a definitive study by any means - for example 'Although the results in our study are preliminary and further study is needed, our results suggest that pumpkin seed oil extracted from C. maxima has the potential for prevention or treatment of urinary disorders including OAB (Over Active Bladder). '

Your comments are well taken - lots of water - don't over-do it with the EGCG - pee often lol. I'll check out that thread. Thank you very much,