• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos 1mg xanax + 30-40mg adderall xr + beer Is this safe? need help asap !!!!!

IamTheCook

Greenlighter
would it be safe if i took 1 or 2 mg xanax and snort or parachute 30 or 40mg of adderall b 777 tablets (im not sure if they are instant or extended release) and drank 16-18oz of strawberita 8% alc/vol i weigh 240 and im about 6 feet

PS- around 6:30 this morning i parachuted 25mg adderall and took 1mg xanax before i went to class (im in college) i know addy and xan are fine together but i wasnt sure if the alcohol would do something negative ​

snorting Adderall XR hurts more than snorting the IR version because you are blowing polymers. but the tablets you have are IR's.

Just pop 10mg (20 for someone like you isn't necessary, and IR's kick in fast anyways so no need to snort) and go to class. I'm sure you think that euphoria you get the first few times you take adderall just gets better if you take more but it won't for you after 20mg; you won't like it. heart racing, anxiety, sweating, no more of that superman-like focus, the works. if you do end up taking too much amp, xanax is a good thing to calm down the anxiety. but it WON'T LOWER YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE. it only will a little bit if some of the BP rise is due to anxiety.

"and drank 16-1
C:\Users\Dave\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
z of strawberita 8% alc/vol"

I don’t understand??? one 16oz can?
8% APV is almost twice that of lite beer, plus an additional 4 oz if you meant 16oz.

“around 6:30 this morning i parachuted 25mg adderall and took 1mg xanax before i went to class (im in college) i know addy and xan are fine together”

Wait, are you saying you know Xanax and Adderall are fine together because of that experience?! Or because you’ve researched it?

I guess they are fine together in small amounts for partying, but you’re putting more strain on your heart on high doses. Don’t get caught up in that “down cancels out up” nonsense, either.

“but i wasnt sure if the alcohol would do something negative “

Xanax, or any other benzodiazepine, is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS with alcohol. Just look up the benzo-alcohol interaction.

Keep up with the xanax for even a few weeks and you won't be able to intellectually handle college work anymore. that's a guarantee. And then, the only withdrawal you can die from (besides alcohol) will come.

Adderall in NORMAL doses during college is a godsend.
Xanax and college don’t mix.

Adderall is going to speed your heart up and the alcohol & canal is going to slow your heart. Like a speed ball. I have personally takin all of the above plus more & I weight 125 & am 5'7" & I was fine. I think you'll be okay. But just be cardinality the adderall, don't take to much. Good luck.

Adderall is going to speed your heart up and the alcohol & canal is going to slow your heart. Like a speed ball. I have personally takin all of the above plus more & I weight 125 & am 5'7" & I was fine. I think you'll be okay. But just be cardinality the adderall, don't take to much. Good luck.

Alcohol actually indirectly INCREASES your heart rate. look it up!

Like a speed ball?
this is the "up cancels out down" sort of thinking I was warning you about....do more research!!

I would up the Adderall dose a bit if you are consuming 16 drinks with benzos. Also, where did this bullshit about XR being harder on your nose come from? The XR is like snorting a cloud while the IR has a mild burn. I know the bullshit about the de-activated, powder binders sounds like it makes sense but has anyone who claims it is harsher actually done both? It is like a bit of extra inert powder to snort with it, but the ER typically has less powder to snort with the same dose so this makes no sense at all.

A lot of what giveuptheghost said is bullshit except the benzo/alc combo shit. IR's take 3 hours to reach peak plasma concentration in your blood according to the blood tests done by the company that makes them so snorting is a good idea. Also, with that outrageous alc/benzo combo doing the pussy amount of Adderall he recommends might leave you in a coma. Either reduce the alcohol dose or take AT LEAST twice that much Adderall. Thing may be different if you have alcohol tolerance but otherwise that is WAY too much.

Last edited:
Why are you doing adderall and xanax together? They cancel each other out, your wasting the xan. Take it on the comedown rather than with the addy.

NO, they do not cancel each other out! Xanax will take some of the edge off, but there will still be the same amount of amphetamine active in your system.

example:

Someone who has OD'ed on heroin is rushed to the ER. Instead of administering, say, an opioid antagonist, the doctor instead decides to give the patient cocaine since it is an upper and in theory it should cancel it out. This isn't true.

"I would up the Adderall dose a bit if you are consuming 16 drinks with benzos."

Is this a joke? That is a dangerous and unlearned suggestion. But I am interested in you elaborating on that further...

"but has anyone who claims it is harsher actually done both?"

Yes.

"but the ER typically has less powder to snort with the same dose so this makes no sense at all."

Zuh?

"IR's take 3 hours to reach peak plasma concentration in your blood according to the blood tests done by the company that makes them so snorting is a good idea"

Excellent logic!

"Also, with that outrageous alc/benzo combo doing the pussy amount of Adderall he recommends might leave you in a coma"

A coma and unconsciousness are two completely different states. The advice you are giving makes it seem as though you'd want this person in a coma.

My response is in bold.

"I would up the Adderall dose a bit if you are consuming 16 drinks with benzos."

Is this a joke? That is a dangerous and unlearned suggestion. But I am interested in you elaborating on that further...
Unlearned? Are you retarded? Why would he lower his dose like you idiotically recommended if he wants to remain conscious?

"but has anyone who claims it is harsher actually done both?"

Yes.
The binders holds it together, they do nothing when ground up. Maybe we have different noses but the ER was easier for me. Maybe you feel more discomfort manifest due to the binder myths you believe.

"but the ER typically has less powder to snort with the same dose so this makes no sense at all."

Zuh?
They are about the same with the higher doses but in the lower ones there is definitely more powder. A 5mg tablet has the same amount of powder as a 30mg tablet. This is not the case with the ER formulation.

"IR's take 3 hours to reach peak plasma concentration in your blood according to the blood tests done by the company that makes them so snorting is a good idea"

Excellent logic!
It is if he wants both drugs to kick in at around the same time, smart-ass.

"Also, with that outrageous alc/benzo combo doing the pussy amount of Adderall he recommends might leave you in a coma"

A coma and unconsciousness are two completely different states. The advice you are giving makes it seem as though you'd want this person in a coma.

This is extremely ironic given you recommended he take less Adderall. There is no magical interaction between them like you assume, only between the alcohol and Xanax. Also, you have never heard of an alcohol induced coma? You being nitpicky here is ironic as well given the lack of specific information in your posts.

NO, they do not cancel each other out! Xanax will take some of the edge off, but there will still be the same amount of amphetamine active in your system.

example:

Someone who has OD'ed on heroin is rushed to the ER. Instead of administering, say, an opioid antagonist, the doctor instead decides to give the patient cocaine since it is an upper and in theory it should cancel it out. This isn't true.

The amount in your system is not relevant if the effects cancel each other out. It is true only an antagonist on the same receptors will accomplish this completely but if you gave a heroin OD victim methamphetamine they may very well wake up. Cocaine is dumb because it can stop the heart and wears off before heroin does, that was a bad example. The problem is breathing rate and wakefulness. A powerful stimulant that restarts you breathing and wakes you up would make a decent second place as an OD treatment.

Dosing on Adderall years back, I drank 21 beers (I only counted 18, though). At the end of the night, I blew another line and fell right to sleep. woke up in a pool of sweat. weird.

If the alcohol is already in full effect it is much more difficult for you to become awake again. Reversing this after the fact takes way more. It must have something to do with there being so many more molecule of alcohol for the effect. This is why snorting it at the beginning would be better, kicks in faster. I have done dad's while blacked out and didn't even realize until the next afternoon when I figured out where the 90mg had gone.

Alcohol thrown into this mix will really fuck with your blood pressure. Subjectively, you may or may not notice this. I don't think it's particularly safe and it's DEFINITELY a combo that you won't realize is turning sour until it's too late. Especially given the xanax mixed in to reduce your judgement.

would it be safe if i took 1 or 2 mg xanax and snort or parachute 30 or 40mg of adderall b 777 tablets (im not sure if they are instant or extended release) and drank 16-18oz of strawberita 8% alc/vol i weigh 240 and im about 6 feet

PS- around 6:30 this morning i parachuted 25mg adderall and took 1mg xanax before i went to class (im in college) i know addy and xan are fine together but i wasnt sure if the alcohol would do something negative ​

Im rx'd kpins with my Ritalin & my daughter takes kpins with her adderall so that's safe. But u shouldn't mix alcohol with either benzos or amphetamines. That's a potentially deadly combo that I personally wouldn't risk.

Benzos & alcohol are both cns depressants.

Stimulants basically block u from from feeling the alcohol so the risk of alcohol poisoning is very real.

Be safe n just dnt do it!

adderall and xanax do not cancel each other out its my favorite drug combo besides lsd and mdma

I would up the Adderall dose a bit if you are consuming 16 drinks with benzos. Also, where did this bullshit about XR being harder on your nose come from? The XR is like snorting a cloud while the IR has a mild burn. I know the bullshit about the de-activated, powder binders sounds like it makes sense but has anyone who claims it is harsher actually done both?

I think your right........I think the crushed up xr's are smooth as hell and no pain at all.........maybe different for others but I agree with this poster

I would up the Adderall dose a bit if you are consuming 16 drinks with benzos. Also, where did this bullshit about XR being harder on your nose come from? The XR is like snorting a cloud while the IR has a mild burn. I know the bullshit about the de-activated, powder binders sounds like it makes sense but has anyone who claims it is harsher actually done both? It is like a bit of extra inert powder to snort with it, but the ER typically has less powder to snort with the same dose so this makes no sense at all.

A lot of what giveuptheghost said is bullshit except the benzo/alc combo shit. IR's take 3 hours to reach peak plasma concentration in your blood according to the blood tests done by the company that makes them so snorting is a good idea. Also, with that outrageous alc/benzo combo doing the pussy amount of Adderall he recommends might leave you in a coma. Either reduce the alcohol dose or take AT LEAST twice that much Adderall. Thing may be different if you have alcohol tolerance but otherwise that is WAY too much.

Stop being so abrasive on the forum. There's no need for that.