17th Issue General Heroin Discussion v. Perfect Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see the AIC love here. I remember finding them when I was in 10th grade; oh to be young again. I never really knew much about Wayne and how bad of an addict he was until later years. Then so many of the song lyrics just begin to relate to my everyday life just like every other user. It's funny because the songs are not always about using but some you can still relate to the issue Although there are some that just come forth and say imma junkie.

At the mental hosptal I was at over half the people there were detoxing off of heroin it's a mental hospital slash detox they have suboxons groups and drug addiction groups and everything

Im older,but I never judge people,everyone has their own striff,and far as music Black Sabbath pulled me through my days and still does.

I think my dealer got busted. 2 days without answering his phone. I dunno wtf I am going to do.

You where right. He answeeed and said shit is back on. I dunno what happened. Probably not good though.

You don't have another connect just in case? Always good to have a spare or two. Never know when they're going to get busted, etc.

I am not saying I am a young gun myself; just turned 31 few months ago. last time in rehab (REHAB, not psych ward) there were more youngins (18-24). same thing I did at that age as well. but even at 31 I talk to the younger crowd, I remember those days, went through the same, can relate, and sometimes I get scared cuz some are worse off than where/what I was.

the 28-38 crowd never an issue really.

then you get that 40+ crowd who seem to think they are the higher god. you may only get one of 2 of these people but you get them and it bothers me. as if they shouldnt be in the same place as the rest of these "junkies/kids". they are too "old" for this and have been through SO MUCH and the youngins have NO IDEA therefore they are the GOD of the place; but dude, us older folk, even me, are the bigger fuck ups since we are STILL THERE and we are OLDER THAN THE YOUNGINS! so by no means do I give that attitude when I get stuck in rehab.

psych ward total different story; thats why it changed my life. there were a couple youngins; one girl even 20 and from same hometown. she knew of my name but I had no idea who she was (I am a popular junkie, ha). but for the most part people were 30-60 w/ problems we'd never think of. these are life altering problems that dont even give them the chance to live a "normal" life. im happy I went. day 1 I was pissed as fuck but as time went on my eyes opened and some nurses there thought I was there to "help out" and not even a patient. ha. meanwhile I am taking 24MG bupe to start to keep w/ my addiction. anyway, I was thought of as "help" on week 2, so that was only the 16MG point. just did 4MG a half hour ago; this will be day 2. let's see!

In the detox I was in this past July we had some older 'know-it-all' folk, but they were the alcoholics. So on top of them thinking they were cool for being able to recite all of the AA sayings at the voluntary AA meetings that were held there, and claiming they would be fine once they got out since they said they had some significant clean time before (which I would hope so since they were like 50) so it was just a matter of detoxing and then putting what they knew into practice, but they were even worse in that they felt superior to the heroin users because 'all they did was drink, never put a needle in their veins, etc...'

In that detox very few people were accepted into the rehab downstairs due to insurance reasons, so the case workers were all struggling trying to get some decent aftercare put in place for the rest of the people. Just about every one of the older alcoholics said they were fine and didn't need rehab and that their aftercare plan was to return to their sober house, meet with their sponsor, and do their '90-in90' [90 meetings in 90 days]. That obviously didn't work for them before, but they were pretty set in their ways and the counselor so there knew that so didn't waste their time trying to convince them to go to rehab if they didn't want to.

Now when I was younger (19) I was in rehab and there were some older heroin addicts there who had it all figured out as well. There were AA/NA meetings there everyday and most of the time the patients were the speakers since we could only get legit speakers from the outside on the weekends. I thought it was pretty stupid to have the patients up there preaching sobriety to everyone else when we all had less than a month clean, and all of that time was from being locked inside a rehab in the middle of nowhere in the dead of winter, so they didn't have any legit 'strength and hope' to share with their experiences when the speakers are supposed to share all 3. But some dudes preached like they were giving a sermon in church while celebrating 20 years clean when in reality it was 20 days clean, or more like zero since some of them were on 200mg of methadone still on top of other comfort meds, ha.

Now when I was younger (19) I was in rehab and there were some older heroin addicts there who had it all figured out as well. There were AA/NA meetings there everyday and most of the time the patients were the speakers since we could only get legit speakers from the outside on the weekends. I thought it was pretty stupid to have the patients up there preaching sobriety to everyone else when we all had less than a month clean, and all of that time was from being locked inside a rehab in the middle of nowhere in the dead of winter, so they didn't have any legit 'strength and hope' to share with their experiences when the speakers are supposed to share all 3. But some dudes preached like they were giving a sermon in church while celebrating 20 years clean when in reality it was 20 days clean, or more like zero since some of them were on 200mg of methadone still on top of other comfort meds, ha.

Ha. Yeah I've been to places like that. Hypocritical bullshit oozing from every orifice.

In the detox I was in this past July we had some older 'know-it-all' folk, but they were the alcoholics. So on top of them thinking they were cool for being able to recite all of the AA sayings at the voluntary AA meetings that were held there, and claiming they would be fine once they got out since they said they had some significant clean time before (which I would hope so since they were like 50) so it was just a matter of detoxing and then putting what they knew into practice, but they were even worse in that they felt superior to the heroin users because 'all they did was drink, never put a needle in their veins, etc...'

In that detox very few people were accepted into the rehab downstairs due to insurance reasons, so the case workers were all struggling trying to get some decent aftercare put in place for the rest of the people. Just about every one of the older alcoholics said they were fine and didn't need rehab and that their aftercare plan was to return to their sober house, meet with their sponsor, and do their '90-in90' [90 meetings in 90 days]. That obviously didn't work for them before, but they were pretty set in their ways and the counselor so there knew that so didn't waste their time trying to convince them to go to rehab if they didn't want to.

ha. I'm w/ you on all this; I am sure we've all been there/heard that if you've been in this game long enough.

I dont consider myself OLD, but even at 31 I was probably 7+ years older than the average age (this past August). Then you had like 3-5 at my age; and then you had the 2-3 who are those that we both mentioned. Total in the place at the time was probably around 25-30. bunch of youngins running around telling battle stories; wont lie, sometimes I get fired up/excited thinking back to the younger days when I hear them speak. I think "oh, to be 19/20, and HONESTLY BELIEVE you FOUND YOUR WAY IN LIFE - not even drug related, but life in general".

rehabs are fun. ha. well, not really. my buddy is heading there today. here is the text from this AM. he's going to the same one I was in over the summer; dope user himself; was on Vivitrol shot and TRIED to get clean same time I did. he used to say, "kid, how you gonna be clean on bupe; thats an opiate too". he's a longer time user was just bragging cuz he's was on Vivitrol instead of bupe; well, now he's in rehab instead of bupe, ha. he only went clean a month or so. at least I went 5 before my use, lol. (im not bragging, total joke there!).

unnamed.png

yes, sir. does it look different to you? same as always I thought. he has an iPhone as well but shuts off iMessage for whatever reason. typically it would come up blue if you are speaking to another iPhone.

yes, sir. does it look different to you? same as always I thought. he has an iPhone as well but shuts off iMessage for whatever reason. typically it would come up blue if you are speaking to another iPhone.

Yeah it looks way different. I don't think I like it. It's like very flat and antiquated looking.

you have the older version? post a pic. I just looked at both and they seem so similar.

^^

I'm still using the old software. This isn't my phone obviously I just found the pic online but it is the same interface I have. I like it a lot better than the new one.

iphone-group-text-messaging.jpg

thats is a bit different; I see the what youre saying. I actually like the brighter, larger text.

I dont think it's different; it's how I have it set. I set it to a different FONT and also a different size TEXT since I wear contacts and sometimes cannot see as well. but the colors do pop more but again, I have my screen on heavy brightness, so not sure.

The old one was just way more three dimensional with the text boxes and whatnot. The new one is just bland, a lot of white all over, flat colors, no shading giving the bubbles that 3D look, a more basic font, no more greyish/blue background just plain white.

funny how EVERYONE has iPhone or Android or whatever nowadays. I remember back in 01/02 and me moving 80's and having cash; I'd always have the newest Nextel or Smartphone and people would be ALL OVER IT! even before that there were times you could be certain housing for your Nextel and make it look better than it looks but it $$. but now everyone has an iPhone; there is no more being cooler than the next based on your phone; now it's strictly based on your drug habit. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.