• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

16mg Suboxone per day 5 years to NOTHING! Terrified

Another update on my loooooong withdrawal adventure- it just keeps getting better. My natural high is getting pretty intense. Nice to have it back. Still pretty much handicapped physically. Why would anyone want to keep themselves DOPED-UP?

So I got rid of the orange crap---(sorry you know who a little psychic mix-up oooops too bad). Don't want to flush my reserves but how to dispose? pour poison and in garbage? I really don't think I'll be needing it------no pain.

thank you,waiting4,for sharing your experience.
I have been on 16mg subs also for 5 years.
now I know I need to save some for a rainy day and don't fuck around.
I'm sorry this happened to you.
I've dextoxed all other opiates and feel your pain.
I'm one of those who really appreciate suboxone.
I dont' want to quit unless I'm forced to.

massive luck to you.

A bottle of Tylenol-3s and a roxy. As far as using during the looong slow wait to get deathly ill--(which unfortunately happened), a tiny piece of the orange strip only postponed the worst by a day or so, and I'm still not sure if taking two T-3s, sent everything into worse or not. The hospital had to use some really strong meds and cardiac monitoring, (zero opiates), but the only thing that I'm on right now are the steroids to help me regain the 13 pound loss and my appetite.
THANK-YOU for the kind wishes!

Congrats waiting.. nice work!!

Since you threw up a little Clapton and Winwood..

Truly AM SO GLAD YOU MADE IT=D

Last edited:
Wow that must have been scary- Glad you're ok now! :) How are you feeling today? Did the steroids help you at all? As far as disposing them, I would wait until trash day and put them in the bin. When I worked at the shelter, we had a cop who would come every so often and take away unused medications left behind. Some drugstores like Walgreens have disposal programs too if you don't want your meds to end up in a landfill.

It's a good thing you didn't go on methadone because that has potential to lower your blood pressure. I was in a rehab once for oxycodone and they gave me a methadone taper. After the second day my pressure got super low. They even used a different machine because they thought it was broken. Then they didn't want to dose me and I never had issues with low blood pressure at all before. So you'll have to be super careful with any medications in the future so you don't get a bad reaction.

Yeah man do that. I went to prison on 16-24mg dose over 6 yrs firsttime cold turkey and was deathly ill about 15 days worse than heroin in intensity and took longer than othe
opiodes

Hope you are doing well waiting4, seems like you were on a rough road but things are getting better. Thanks for sharing.