• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

15,000 Beer bottle caps/what to do?

Selfmeditaker

Bluelighter
What would some of you BLers do with this many beer caps? What sort of project/masterpiece would you
create? Im just looking for cool ideas and who better to ask than BLers:)

Join a support group?

KIDDING

Depends on the colors/shapes

You could make one of those mosaics that looks like one thing only if you look at it very far away, that's what I'd do with plaster and broken glass :)

Have fun!

nice one, i like a funny guy. Ive collecting for awhile now and have had bartender friends save me all the ones they crack open every night. Drank a fair few of them myself also;)

I like the mosaic idea! I have a lot of cool colors. Like 500 purple Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss, 500 orange Oberon, 500 Corona etc etc. So my collection kind of goes like that with a few 1000 just miscellaneous caps, coors, bud, pabst etc. I know I got enough to make something really cool just need ideas. And my fellow BLers are going to have some of the best ideas. Drugs tend to get the creative thinking going so if there are any Andy Warhols with a speciality in beer caps I welcome you:)

Just Google ( bottle cap art ) there's loads of ideas.

^yea thats the 1st thing i did. Problem is most of it that comes up are beer pong tables, cup coasters, little arts&crafts things, magnets and stuff like that. With the amount I have I could make like 10 beer pong tables or more. I probably will make a cool table for myself but the rest I want to create something interesting and HUGE lol.

You could find a friend with a sunroof he left open and fill the car up to the top with them.

I've always wanted to do this using packing peanuts.

High school friend of mine took Snapple Caps, flattened them, laid them under plexiglass, and that was part of his basement floor. Perhaps this'll spur some idea for you. ;)

Wow addictivepersona that sounds really cool! I could tear out the already crappy tile in my bathroom and make a beer cap bathroom floor=D

Saving them for the zombie apocalypse is also a great idea AEP! Keep um coming guys and thanks.

If your car has a shitty paint job, super glue the caps all over your car!

^Excellent! I thought about this for a minute. I got old old beer taps that I could replace for the gear shift. Do the entire outside in beer caps and hell, even do the inside of the car. The steering wheel, dashboard, seatbelt etc the possibilities are endless:) I dig it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy a Galapagos Tortoise glue them all over his back.

He won't mind.

In West Africa they take two and flatten them together on a cord. They do this down the whole string (about 6 feet long) and then hang these strings together in doorways for an open air kind of curtain. I loved the way they sound when you pass through.

You could find really cool pictures and shrink them down, or even just use color and glue it in the cap. Then fill the cap with resin. Then cover something with all the caps. Your wall? Your car? a piece of furniture? Now that I'm thinking of this, do you want to sell your collection?=D

^ That sounds like it would make for a really fun atmosphere for certain entryways. Might be something I will try for my back porch once the weather gets nice again! :)

Herbavore, thats a really cool idea! Im going to make one for my rec room doorway. Thanks!

^Excellent! I thought about this for a minute. I got old old beer taps that I could replace for the gear shift. Do the entire outside in beer caps and hell, even do the inside of the car. The steering wheel, dashboard, seatbelt etc the possibilities are endless:) I dig it.

That'd be a badass gear shift!

^Thats what Im thinking! I mean there are seriously endless ideas of what I could attempt to create that it almost is too much to even think of something lol. Maybe I could incorporate something Bluelight related into whatever I decided on=D

Thank you to everyone thus far sharing their ideas and opinions, I really do appreciate it.

Keep the ideas coming guys!

I would at least fish out an obscure one or two and use a magnet to attach them to clothing now and again.

My grandfather has told me stories of his youth, back when the seal inside caps was cork instead of plastic. They would remove the cork and then use it to affix them to hats and whatnot.

What would some of you BLers do with this many beer caps? What sort of project/masterpiece would you
create? Im just looking for cool ideas and who better to ask than BLers:)

Funny enough I'm in the same situation although with a few less bottle caps. Have you looked at some of the portraits people have done with them?

I'm thinking of gluing mine to a canvas board and then doing something abstract.