Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

11 People Overdosed On Synthetic Drugs This Weekend in DC

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
11 People Overdosed On Synthetic Drugs This Weekend in DC
SAM PETERSON
6/8/2015

Eleven people were hospitalized due to consuming a synthetic marijuana drug named “bizarro” in Washington, D.C. this past weekend.

The synthetic drugs are marketed under a number of names, most often called K2 or Spice, NBC Washington reports. Synthetic marijuana is labeled as “‘Not for human consumption’ to mask their intended purpose and avoid Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulatory oversight of the manufacturing process,” according to the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

While marijuana laws may have been relaxed in Washington D.C. this past year, synthetic drugs remain illegal. In the D.C. area synthetic marijuana is classified as a Schedule 1 drug, which is the highest classification a drug can receive.

The drug is not regulated, and as a result it is impossible to determine what chemicals are involved. The website k2zombiedc.com is a health campaign that is dedicated to fighting the abuse of synthetic drugs within the D.C. community. It lists some of the possible side effects as, “seizures, instances of coma, brain damage, nerve trauma, and in some extreme cases, stroke and the loss of motor skills such as speaking, walking and the movement of arms and legs.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/08/1...hetic-drugs-this-weekend-in-dc/#ixzz3cWjfLm00

There is a dispensary right over the MD line in DC...won't name it, there are a few tho...so why the fuck would someone smoke that shit when they could probably get some great real flowers. I used to do some work in DC and one day at a stoplight I looked down on the road and found a fat 20bag of good weed, like someone had lost it or tossed it. Lol it was pretty good too, you know for curb weed.

There is a dispensary right over the MD line in DC...won't name it, there are a few tho...so why the fuck would someone smoke that shit when they could probably get some great real flowers. I used to do some work in DC and one day at a stoplight I looked down on the road and found a fat 20bag of good weed, like someone had lost it or tossed it. Lol it was pretty good too, you know for curb weed.

"Curb weed" - LOL

I've never tried any of it, but my understanding is that some of these things are a helluva lot different from regular old bud and some are definitely addictive. I doubt these folks were interested in actual weed.

Some people like synthetic noids. Just because people use them doesn't mean they can't find weed. Same thing with other rcs. I don't know anybody that uses rcs because they can't find an illegal substance it's related too. Drugs is drugs, some people just like something different.

My husband started smoking it recreationally due to drug screens at work (synthetic doesn't show up) now he is full on addicted and it is absolutely HORRIBLE. We loved smoking marijuana together when we first got together and he continued to when possible. But now marijuana won't even help him get off of synthetic stuff, If anyone has advice on this please share

Any news article that mentions the word K2 or spice and isn't ten years old is fake. News or propaganda