• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

11 days sober from iv opiates. What now?

d3athadone

Bluelighter
So I realized its been 11 days!! Wow! I remember day 4(which is my worst usually). And just being like omfg 3 more days til not sick!! Now I'm on day 11 time flew by!

Seriously what do I do? Ive been an addict for my whole life and an opiate addict for almost 9 years. I'm basically ready to do anything at this point. I am quite tired though. Like super fucking sleepy. I also look quite sleepy and a little sick. I have a nice apartment that I pay whopping 1000 for. I have a bike. A computer. 20 bus tokens. Food in the fridge. Clothes. No money. 1400 dollars guaranteed a month. After rent I have 400 left over. I feel just fuckign worn out as hell but I can accomplish things. Its just hard. What should I do? What is my next step in your opinion? I want to work part time. For a few extra bucks but I feel like a complete zombie at the moment.

I've just accepted where I am right now and I realize its going to take quite some time to get out of this situation. How I build a life from scratch?? I'm 28

I guess I should mention. I smoke. Im probably pre diabetic cuz I've eaten a lot sugar during my opiate career. My sleeping schedule is fucked. I smoke weed which I am addicted to. Im addicted to gaming. Im isolated except for a few trips out and a few people who visit me.

Last edited:
Try to eat healthier, it'll really help how you feel. And try to stop smoking if you can. :)

Congrats on your 11 days :)

Awesome dude! Grats on the 11 days! I know I was all about sugar while on subs. I went from 170lbs to 230lbs as pretty much all I ate was cereal. Lol. Prior, I didn't particularly care for sugar. At 55 days off subs I'm already back down to 200lbs and I'm eating normalish again.

I would recommend to keep healing for a bit but if you feel up to it, look at places like game stop for part time work so you have some level of interest in what you do.

Being 28 as well, it's difficult to know where to start. I currently work at a "meh" job that I kinda stayed as the company evolved so fell into a specialized position. But no degree so I can't really move up in the company any further nor can I get a comparable job else where. I do want to leave as the side of the company I work for may be disappearing here soon. Recently, ( like last 10 days or so) I started applying for jobs that I would actually enjoy doing. I enjoy what I do now but really bad environment. To me, money isn't as important as enjoying what you do. At least now it isn't. Money is nice but being able to enjoy your whole day as opposed to just the 5 hours I'm at home awake sounds more rewarding.

Tis a difficult task to start again but we can do it. :p

~MNSC~