1 week no Oxy's

johnny oxy

Bluelighter
After a week I feel pretty good. Just can't get my sleep in order. I quit a 3 year habit. I can honestly say worst week of my life. Now the hard part, staying clean. Thanks to all that gave me advice.

Good job...the first week is the hardest. Now you have to establish a routine to keep yourself clean from opiates. I have been clean from them almost 4 months :)

Get yourself some benzos to help with the sleep if you can, but be careful!! You don't want to replace one addiction with another!

benzos for the win. I've been clean of oxy and benzos because I couldn't get anymore. A month it's been. But I was getting sort of "hang overs" from both and was sleeping all the time. My normal self, without any substance at all, can sleep 16 hours. MANY times I have slept for a week pretty much solid. I mean, get up a few times a day to use the restroom, have a meal, but then I'm right back to sleep.

I'm going in a different direction right now, but I haven't ever married any drugs, except bud.

Good job man, your over the worst. Try to keep your mind occupied as much as you can. Sleep will eventually come.

johnny oxy, Did you quit cold turkey? Congrats on making it through a week of hell if so. I have been clean for about 2 weeks, and it has been the longest 14 days of my life. I hate withdrawal so much. I had been doing ~250mg daily, and had been doing oxy for 3-4 months, so maybe my habit isn't as bad as yours, so I am impressed that you did it after those 3 years! Keep it up!

I've been taking oxy for like 10 years prescribed but I am wanting to take no opiates any longer. I took two halves of saboxen yesterday and did not sleep at all last night, my girl gets valium and I took 7 this morning with no result at all. I took oxy last on Saturday at 3 pm so it's been almost 48 hours. Should I try to get more szboxen and take a half in the morning and a half at night if I can still get them and or take zanax bars? I really need to quit to get out of this dependency lifestyle.
Oh yea I take 9-14 80's per day and don't really get Any buzz but it kills he pain, I've had 9 surgeries on my leg in the last year and I've got carpal tunnel both hands a torn rotator cuff and two torn discs. But I think I can deal with the pain.

you should check out TDS if you want support staying clean... which to me is where this thread is running off to. the people over there are solid ;)

Oh yea I ate 7 imodium this morning for the diahrea.
And how long will the withdrawls last?

The Dark Side. it deals with addiction and recovery. its basicly your next stop once you become an OD reguler!

After a week I feel pretty good. Just can't get my sleep in order. I quit a 3 year habit. I can honestly say worst week of my life. Now the hard part, staying clean. Thanks to all that gave me advice.

Though I didn't offer said advice, I still just wanted to say congrats on a job well done. A life without opiates is a much better life. :)

I hope you can get your sleep schedule back in order too. I know it sounds silly because it's so mild, but I might actually recommend trying a 75mg dose of diphenhydramine to sleep on, about an hour before bed. It does wonders for me, much more so than any prescription sleep aid.

Best of luck with everything and be sure to keep us posted on how things are going. =D

Good job man, keep it up!

I'm going go move this over to The Dark Side

-->TDS

Melatonin best otc sleep aid. its natural it works great and there no next day groggyness

Good job mate. Hope you can keep up the good work :)

Thanks everyone. Someone asked about if I quit cold turkey. I was up to 160mg a day of oxy ir and I snorted them, which I found out is terrible for your lungs. I tapered down over a couple months to 25 mg, which I had some of the worst wd's during the taper. I did my last bit of oxy last Sunday. The first day I guess i still had plenty of oxy in me still because I had no wd's Monday during the day. Nightime, not so much. No sleep. Terrible shakes and restlessness. This was the same for Tuesday as well. And I have klonopin, temazepam, hydroxyzine, clonodine, phenigran, seroquel, and sinimet. Nothing worked the first 2 days. That feeling of wanting to crawl out of your skin is my absolute worst wd for me. Then day 3 and 4 were stomach issues but the clonodine and sinimet helped with the shakes and crazy restlessness. Got a couple hours sleep days 3 and 4. Day 5 I felt like a new person. I got out of the house. Hung out with some sober friends and knew I was over the hump. I am on day 8 and I can get to sleep, but only stay asleep for 2 or 3 hours. I stopped taking everything except for the klonopin and temazepam which i have taken for 15 years and have never built a tolerance and will most likely be taking the rest of my life. The insomnia isn't bad though cause I am not laying on the floor going insane! What bothers me is I still need the clonodine to get to sleep. I dont know what that is about. How long and any advice on how to get my sleep back in order? I need to get back to work. This site helped me alot and I thank you all.