• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-Ethynylcyclohexanol - how long do you think it stays in the body?

Synaps3

Bluelighter
I used to use 2m2b a lot several years ago, but now I use ECX only and not that often (once a week max). I take kratom daily (it's the only drug I take daily). The ECX is known to deplete enzymes, but I found it to not have a perceptible effect on that.

Anyway, for someone that is well versed in pharmacology, how long do you think this stuff stays in the body? I can feel the effect (although mild - about 18 hours after). I suspect it is just getting distributed into the fat tissue causing the effects to seem to go away, but I suspect it stays in the body for longer. Does anyone have an idea based on the structure? I'm just thinking that having that triple bond in the body for a very long time probably isn't good cause I believe it is pretty reactive (correct if I'm wrong).

The half-life is only 2.5 hours, but it doesn't actually get removed from the body in that time. I wonder what is the term used for half-life of body elimination?

220px-1-Ethynylcyclohexanol_structure.png

I'm just thinking that having that triple bond in the body for a very long time probably isn't good cause I believe it is pretty reactive (correct if I'm wrong).
triple bonds are not unusually reactive, plenty of e.g. birth control drugs have alkyne groups

The half-life is only 2.5 hours, but it doesn't actually get removed from the body in that time. I wonder what is the term used for half-life of body elimination?
Where did you find that information? the 2.5 hour half life is for the carbamate derivative (ethinamate), not ethynylcyclohexanol. Usually the half life is for disappearance of the drug from the blood. I don't think there is any data in man for ethynylcyclohexanol for the simple reason that it was never developed as a drug.

Just based on guesswork, I think the half life would be fairly long and it would distribute into fatty tissues.

triple bonds are not unusually reactive, plenty of e.g. birth control drugs have alkyne groups

Where did you find that information? the 2.5 hour half life is for the carbamate derivative (ethinamate), not ethynylcyclohexanol. Usually the half life is for disappearance of the drug from the blood. I don't think there is any data in man for ethynylcyclohexanol for the simple reason that it was never developed as a drug.

Just based on guesswork, I think the half life would be fairly long and it would distribute into fatty tissues.

That was a mistake about the 2.5 hours, but it seems pretty accurate according to my experience, but it's still wrong.

Do you have any idea of how long? I know it's probably hard to say without any data, but do you think it would be days? So you don't think that triple bond is very toxic?

Thanks.