• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-Ethynylcyclohexanol (ECX) P-450 depletion very mild effect

Synaps3

Bluelighter
So I made this post the other day, but decided to start a new thread here cause it's more advanced: https://www.bluelight.org/xf/threads/ethynylcyclohexanol-metabolism-and-trial.890928/

So I've been using a lot of kratom (24g per day and sometimes 36g) as a tea, so it's possible it's not actually quite that much in reality if not everything comes out in the tea, but it gives you an idea.
Recently I was going through mild opiate withdrawal and needed some help with sleep so I busted out the ECX despite having some worries about the enzyme depletion problems that it apparently has due to the triple bond. I was worried that it might make the kratom build up in my system to toxic levels considering how many alkaloids are in there. So this should be a great test to find out if this property of ECX actually has any real-world effect.

2nd night I took 600mg ECX and it helped me get a couple extra hours sleep. Last night (early morning actually), I took about 1.7g because the 600mg from the other night was not quite enough. The 1.7g was surprisingly just barely stronger than the 600mg for some reason, but it lasted much longer. I felt it till about 8 hours later even though the main effect was only 3hrs (the 600mg had no after effects). The point being, today I took my kratom dose and it is stronger, but not ridiculous (maybe 25-35% stronger). Now IDK if that is because the NMDA receptors reset the opiate effects or it was the depletion of the cytochrome p-450. Either way, the point is that you should NOT be afraid to use ECX if you are using other drugs (for the most part). This whole enzyme depletion thing doesn't seem to have much effect in the real world. Of course, still be careful, but I don't think you should worry about it. I will update this thread if I notice anything in the next few days, but I don't plan to use any more ECX.

I'm surprised more people don't use this stuff - it's pretty good. Tastes much better than 2m2b or 3m3p and about 2-3x as strong.