• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-cyclopentyl-2-aminopropane

Refluxer

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any first or second hand experience with this compund? An organic chem textbook I once read stated it was a stimulant similar to amphetamine (doh!). Does anyone think it has recreational or medicinal value?

No 1st or 2nd hand exp.
Predicted to have some but little stimulant activity.

I bet 1-(thiophen-3-yl)-2-aminopropane would be amphetamine-like most people would not be able to tell it apart from (d)-amphetamine. However, this is just a guess, as a thiophenyl group is often considered isosteric to a standard phenyl group.

Cyclopentyl-phenethylamine, however, would probably be similar to cyclohexedrine--pertty nasty.

Last edited:
^I already sed that amthiophetamine might interesting.

This is the alpha methyl phenethyl amine

Amphetamine = Alpha-Methyl-PHen-EThyl-AMINE

This stuff for the thiophen analog would be overpriced anyhow.

F&B sed someone already made it in a lab and it was a bit of a disappointment. No ref's to back that claim up but it's definately old school sort of thinking.

Amthiophetamine is not amphetamine, but it might be a good analogue. If someone has already made it, I'd be interested in hearing what it was like and [more interested] in seeing a 3[H]-DA efflux assay.

Is it possible for you to translate it?

Or does anyone know a good, free translating engine?

Thank you. I found abbelfish before, though. Translation was a bit whacky but understandable. ;)

6-methyl-2-aminoisopropyl-thiophene.

If the methyl won't fit there, put it on whichever position on the thiophene it wants to fit. See also furan analogues.

Last edited:
Chlorine is a better aromatic substituent here than methyl, but none of the five membered cyclic aromatic amphetamine analogues are the best, you bisexual purple dinosaur you.:D

Any fully saturated eing replacing the aromatic nucleus is going to be a piss-poor relative due to the ring system because

I) not being aromatic, it's not flat, but more like the cyclohexane boat/chair configuration

II) It doesn't have the delocalized pi electrons of an aromatic ring system which means different charge separation (electron density).

Both of the above means that it doesn't fit the protein receptor/active site in the same way as amphetamine etc

2-phenylcyclopentylamine OTOH is a fair stimulant with antidepressant activity, in many ways similar to fencamfamine

Fencamfamine has 8 possible isomers though 8o I think this is available in Italy. It looks aight but I dont really have much to say about any of the others.

Last edited: