• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

1-(3,4-methylenedioxy-phenyl)-2-pyrrolidin-1-yl-pentan-1-one

Status
Not open for further replies.
yaesutom said:
Hey, so wassup with this stuff,

http://www.google.com/search?q=pyrrolidinopropiophenone&btnG=Search&hl=en&lr=

"new designer drugs"? I was just looking through this thread again, decided to do a search.. didnt know uh, well, where the hell did they find these, in ecstasy pills or something? And ..does anyone know anything more about these, good/bad? compared to MDPV.. ?

you forgot 4-methyl-alpha-pyrrolidinobutyrophenone (MPBP) . seems like there are quite a few options in this family.

i have no idea what they are like, but i loved MDPV, pity my only source refuses to get it in, it seems i was one of a few that liked it. i'd pay for a custom synth for this one, provided it doesnt fall under the analogue clause... no point getting an illegal made.

A short acting stimulant that doesnt keep me awake for days? im in heaven :)

WARNING:

anectdotal: prolonged high dose use of MDPV without proper supplementation (choline, l-phenylalanine, magnesium, ultra high dose antioxidants) will lead to peripheral symptoms reminiscent of onset of PD.

ie there is some heavy shit (free radical and AFO formation from MAO incompletely breaking down the free-floating DA, causing damage from lipid peroxidation byproducts - common triggers and markers of onset of neurodegenrative disorders like PD and AD) happening to the dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra / hypothalamic regions.

memories of MDPP spring to mind.

EXTREME CAUTION IS ADVISED

/\ Yeah, any updates on that? Or any further clarification? Please.

I have tried this compound a couple of times.

First time 8mg intranasally followed by a few beers at a gig. Edgy feeling, not super fun. managed to fall asleep after lying around restlessly in bed for two hours. In retrospect, this might have been mindset.

Second time, a few months later. 10mg intranasally, getting quite active, nicely stimulated, very open, talkative, friendly, . . . not truly euphoric, but well pleasant. Followed this by 6mg smoked in a spliff with tobacco and weed. Stimulation increases to the point of me becoming, at moments, a tad too focused... then being perfectly alright again. Inexperienced friend smoked perhaps a third of the 6mg in the spliff and swears he cannot feel the drug. I thought that he was a bit more talkative than usual, however.

Something told me I shouldn't go much higher with this one than I have done, although if I'd had it with me and it had remained an indoor night (we went to a gig again), I might well have started fiending, as people do with cocaine, amphetamine, methamphetamine, methylone, etc.

I can see it being well useful for academic work like reading or writing an essay, as well as for sorting out your messy CD collection, etc.

I have not touched this stuff since my last post on this thread. My mind and my body both seem to have developed an aversion to it, thanks to the dreadful comedowns it causes...

Ok, now what about the other MDPV like varietys that are on that german patient..??

Maybe not as potent, or whatever, but.. maybe less specific (more euphoric maybe), different durations etc.. i dunno...

It seems perfect for an "ADD" drug, except, that problem, of the "take too much and you go through hell" thing, like a single dose a day is fine (well , not with everyone apparently too). Like, something with the good qualities, but a little tweaked to stop the bad.

... i also am curious about what nanobrain said.. the danger stuff..

I just has a view at the scifinder. The compounds with one additional -CH2- netween the nitrogen and the methyl group that branches the chain are reported to be very effective musclerelaxants. Here are some refs.:

Synthesis of muscle relaxant 4'-ethyl-2-methyl-3- pyrrolidinopropiophenone hydrochloride. Meng, Zhaoli; Zhao, Yanwei; Xi, Yanwei. Dep. Pharm., Shandong Med. Univ., Jinan, Peop. Rep. China. Zhongguo Yiyao Gongye Zazhi (1990), 21(11), 483-4. CODEN: ZYGZEA ISSN: 1001-8255. Journal written in Chinese. CAN 115:8469 AN 1991:408469 CAPLUS

Abstract

Propionylation of ethylbenzene with EtCOCl and AlCl3 gave 87% p-ethylpropiophenone, Mannich reaction of which with pyrrolidine and 36% CH2O soln. gave, after treatment with concd. HCl, 50% the title compd. (I).

Centrally acting muscle relaxant activities of 2-methyl-3- pyrrolidinopropiophenone derivatives. Yamazaki, Mitsuo; Aoki, Yasuji; Kato, Hideo; Ito, Yasuo; Kontani, Hitoshi; Koshiura, Ryozo. Res. Lab., Hokuriku, Seiyaku Co., Ltd., Katsuyama, Japan. Yakugaku Zasshi (1987), 107(9), 705-10. CODEN: YKKZAJ ISSN: 0031-6903. Journal written in Japanese. CAN 108:15785 AN 1988:15785 CAPLUS

Abstract

[2-Methyl-3-pyrrolidinopropiophenone derivs. I (R = H, alkyl, cyclohexyl, or fluoromethyl) were studied after oral or intraduodenal administration for centrally acting muscle-relaxant activity. Using the rotating rod method in mice, the Et, n-Pr, iso-Pr and n-Bu derivs. had equipotent activity, but when tested against decerebrate rigidity in rats, the Et deriv. was the most potent. The muscle relaxant activities of the cyclohexyl and fluoromethyl derivs. were weaker than that of other derivs. The hexobarbital-induced sleeping time was most prolonged by the compds. where R = H or n-Bu. The toxicity of I was increased when the length of the alkyl chain was increased. I had a greater inhibitory effect against nicotine-induced convulsion than did piperidinopropiophenone derivs.

Comments?

No news on the PD-like after effects? I'm interested in this drug, but nano-brains reports kind of worry me.

Nanobrain: Did you abuse it heavily, and what do you think of "ordinary" usage, i.e. regular doses with a booster for studying? Dangerous?

Does anyone have any information at all about neurotoxicity/metabolism of dopaminergic phenpentanone compounds? I'm pretty lost as to the metabolic breakdown of them.

edit: found some articles, but still in the dark as to neurotoxicity...

Last edited:
Anyone else experience the PD-like side effects with moderate use?

Last edited:
Whats the story with tolerance to MDPV? Im considering taking 5mg(maybe twice per day) for consentration/studying purposes. This will probably be 3-5 days a week, how much of an issue will tolerance be?
Im not going to keep uping the dose due to the possible neurotoxicity

Well you have to take quite a dose to get slight euphoria so most of what I have will be for studying, yes. Ill start at 2mg and see how that goes, any ideas about tolerance f&b?

From the one 15mg dose ive had id say yes, it has a bad comedown. About 4 hours after ingestion i felt like shit, this lasted 1-2 hours at which point I was feeling OK

You get some developmant of tolerance (as is to be expected), but it develops slower than it does with amphetamines; as long as you don't try and go without sleep for days on end, it's acceptable.

I actually got some given not so long ago & decided to give it another chance (despite my rant about how horrible it can be). I found that 2.5mg rectally produces a good investigating, getting things done (physically) state of mind, but unlike just about every drug going, isn't too hot re analytical/logical skills (although still better than amphetamine, methylphenidate etc).

Out of what I was given, I decided to clean up a small amount by recrystallizing it from ethanol, then dissolving in boiling water and passing through a micron filter to produce a sterile 10mg/ml solution (about 3ml). An IM dose of 3mg had a noticable effect on my libido (very positive =D), produced a distinct euphoria, but also came with a noticable desire to want to repeat the dosage...

Since my last encounter with it, I've def changed my mind about it - the original doses I took of it with hindsight were on the large/too large side for me (10-15mg) and left me feeling shitty; 3-5mg doses of MDPV are fairly side effects free and doesn't mess up your intellectual capacities, like say methylphenidate or amphetamine can do. Finally, it does have some aphrodisiac qualities, a la speed/cocaine, even if the euphoria isn't as intense as the two aforementioned 'standards'

I haven't injected anything in a long while. I might end up trying this stuff via IV.

Hypertension...

I am currently experiencing a particularly uncomfortable bout of what I believe to be hypertension or angina (or both?) due to 5-10mg of MDPV via insufflatation (I have tolerance too) in combination with 3/4 of a bottle of wine. Alcohol as I understand it also raises blood pressure. I was experiencing a tightness in my chest for some time which went away and now am experiencing a burning sensation in what seems like my lungs, though it burns the same regardless of whether I am breathing or not. My heart rate seems to fluctuate slightly but is always around 80 beats per minute, though it goes up to 100 beats per minute at rest sometimes. I have no way of measuring my blood pressure but I am assuming it is high.

I realize it was very foolish of me to try and wait out the effects of the MDPV for what has now been 5 hours. Shortly I will be calling my primary care physician to set up an appointment or if need me take a trip to the ER. I urge extreme caution with this substance. I will report some more about my experiences with MDPV when I return. A supply of beta-blockers would be nice right about now. The remainder of the MDPV I had in my possession is now sitting in a dumpster in my apartment's parking lot.

Last edited:
100bpm at rest shouldn't be that much of a concern, really, unless you have a heart problem. I'm not sure what on Earth doctors will be able to do about a chemical which maybe 150 people have ever tried (the sad truth when dealing with new chemicals). Anyway, good luck, don't freak out too much. The worst that can happen is death.

I agree 100 beats per minute is not generally a concern. My heart rate has gone up to 140 beats per minute or so on some psychedelics and I've never had a problem. However, last night I experienced shortness of breath, a feeling of strong pressure on my chest, and burning throughout my chest, all of which are potential signs of a heart attack or a panic attack. The latter can be ruled out though since these symptoms occured for 6 hours. I was and still am concerned about possible scaring or other damage to my heart. I was going to head to the ER but I've decided not to do so since I seem to feel better though I haven't slept for 24 hours.

I've used many stimulants at high doses and have gone on week long binges on AMT in the past without any of problems I experienced last night. At any rate, I'm done with MDPV. Again I urge others to be careful. One obvious tip I can offer is to avoid re-dosing. Another would be to avoid combining MDPV with any other substances which are vasoconstrictants or have been know to raise blood pressure significantly. I wouldn't wish what happened to me last night on anyone.

Last edited:
100 bpm is like my normal heart rate. on E i've felt it at like 200 bpm. no joke

I'm not real fat or anything, so I'm not worried by it.

t4exanadu said:
I was experiencing a tightness in my chest for some time which went away and now am experiencing a burning sensation in what seems like my lungs, though it burns the same regardless of whether I am breathing or not.

This sounds a lot like heartburn that I get when I drink alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.