Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

1-2mg xanax once a week

mazzoj

Greenlighter
i've been doing 1-2mg of xanax every week for 2 years, is there any problems with this?
i've noticed i have to do it atleast once a week, even when i say i'm not going to do any in that week.

Thats strange and not enough in my opinion to build any real dependency. You say you feel you have to do it though at least once a week. What makes you feel the need?

probably psychological 'need'. I doubt there will be any tolerance buildup from taking xanax once a week, if its a single dose only.

Nothing really makes me take them, i just find my self taking them atleast 1 day in the week.
One day might take it the night before work to make the day go faster, one night i might have a headache or tooth ache, on the weekend if im bored, but if i have work and took one, but then 2 days later I have a bad headache i won't take it, only once a week.

dont you think about doing a xanax to chill out on the other days at all?

i would be torn apart keeping to such a schedule for that long, maybe u have some extremely unaddictive personality

na because im already chilled out on the other days and from what i've read i don't want to get addicted.

Ha ha! I think you're demonstrating anything but the chance in getting addicted to anything ...., lucky bastard, I'd kill for your genetic make up ;) enjoy

why don't you try and avoid your weekly and move to fortnightly?

As mork said, you've got good self restraint.

But be weary of serious life issues that may require more or higher doses. You never know whats around the corner.

Severe life issues is whats got me into trouble. I was using responsibly untill shit hit the fan. Going back to my standard dose didn't cut it. So, in turn, wound up going higher. That's a recipe for disaster.

Winding it back to once a fortnight, if possible, is sound information.

Even better: only use when REALLY required.

Alprazolam is some strong shit.

Halif put it a good way, if you want to use benzos for rec use, you should turn and run while you have the chance. Especially if acquiring these meds is easy for you. But from reading your OP, it sounds like it's responsible self medicating. Just don't up it, or take more frequently.

Last edited:
Alprazolam depresses the nervous system, letting you relax, that's why is is nice. Our bodies do it naturally though, some better then others. The problem with it is that it tells the body not to do it naturally any more, so it's not that you become addicted, it's that you reach a point where you actually need it, more so then to the one who has just started who can't settle down. I can totally understand how alprazolam can take over your life, in a flash, in the snap of a finger, right before your eyes, and you wouldn't even know it.

well i ended up with a few racks of Alprazolam and I found it to be pretty shit.

Firstly i had to take 2 to get any effect. After two days of dosing I would find myself feeling strange if I didn't keep up the dosing. Which was enough to make me put em down and avoid them. I ended up moving to once a week. Until they were all gone.

I think i much prefer valium. Far better.

Most scattered times I've ever had were on Xanax. DONT mix them with meth, alcohol and heroin. Blacked out everytime and one time even woke up in a park about 20km from where I last remembered being, covered in bruises. Think I might have gotten taken for a drive and rolled but have never been able to figure it out

In terms of addiction, this is a safe enough way to dose. The problem comes when you start taking shorter breaks, and when benzo's start fulfilling a real need within you. They are addictive to people that have no mental health or addiction problems; the GABA system is very vulnerable to manipulation and it is not uncommon for people to find themselves inadvertently and accidentally hooked by the balls.

edit: didn't realise this thread was probably outdated by now...:\