Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

👻 Recommend a scary movie for Halloween! 🎃

You should absolutely watch The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (and its bonkers sequel)

I'd recommend Carnival of Souls. Can't compare to anything, it's creepy as hell. It's in the public domain and available on Youtube.

And of course, Jack Clayton's absolutely terrifying The Innocents (1961). Somehow also on Youtube (and likely in better quality on the Criterion channel)
Thanks and I like your profile pic!

Also I think it's awesome that you're coming up on your 18th anniversary of joining blue light and have posted 354 times for an average of 19.6 per year, f****** cool

You probably if you posted just a few more posts in the next week you could get that over 20. I suspect that you're not going to though which is ice cold! ❄

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) is definitely one of my all-time favorite horror films, right up there with The Shining. Also a triumph of independent filmmaking, the backstory to the film’s production is pretty interesting

The sequel is also worth watching, although much different in tone than the first film. The first film was more grim, murky, more of a traditional horror film, while the second is more of a non-traditional horror comedy...I think that’s why it’s more controversial, because fans were expecting the same kind of bizarre trippy assault on the senses that the first one provided but the 2nd film took a much different approach...still good and worth checking out though

The Haunting. Make sure you watch the original black & white 1963 film.

It's been re-made in 1999 under the name The Haunting of Hill House and like most re - makes that version is vastly inferior.
The original is a great piece of atmospheric film - making and creepy as fuck. It's more a psychological chiller than 'horror', in that there's no gore and you never actually SEE the entity, which is precisely what makes it work.
If you like something that gets under your skin subtly and doesn't rely on obvious shocker effects you'll enjoy this.

The Human Centipede (2010) , uncut preferably - what a screwed up movie
Dawn of the Dead (1978 ) - classic movie to burn a joint to and watch
Cronenberg - Scanners, Videodrome
Solyaris (1972)

Last edited:
Yeah ANOES 3: Dream Warriors is great, definitely one of the better films in that franchise. Very memorable prop work/special effects in that one as I remember

^ “Hellraiser” is a good one, it combines body horror with transgressive themes of sadomasochism etc in a way that’s pretty memorable. Created kind of a cool iconic villain with Pinhead, who I guess is some kinda weird s&m demon from hell? Lol

Also, as far as the franchise in general goes, I thought that “Hellraiser V: Inferno” was surprisingly decent. I only mention it because who the hell is going to watch the direct-to-video fifth installment of the Hellraiser franchise unless you’re 15 years old and/or high out of your mind, but, worth checking out imho. It’s not so much a horror film, more of a surreal film noir story...iirc Pinhead only makes an appearance at the very end of that one

Argh I’m getting sucked into this topic lol

Rob Zombie’s Halloween (2007). Just finished watching it. On Amazon Prime. I like that it gives you more history into what screws Mikey Myers up. Still a bit far fetched, but a great watch with some familiar faces popping up. All time favourite is Devils Rejects, also Rob Zombie. Messed up character, he is. Tutti Fucking Frutti! 😁

Poltergeist

Anytime I think of something scary Reverend Henry Kane from the movie The Poltergeist always comes to mind. The image of his face with those eyes and that mouth singing a christian song literally scares the bee jebus outta me. Ive never been much for sci fi horror movies because anytime I can tell myself "but this couldnt really happen" its loses a lot of scare potential for me. But Poltergeist totally makes you forget about that. Ive never been able to drink tequila again.

It

Just because theres never a reason for a clown to be acting like that. I think anytime you combine something that usually relates to children(innocence) with evil and then add Stephen King its gonna be scary.

The Ring

Anytime I have a nightmare at some point that girl with the long hair combed over her face ends up chasing me. For some reason the last time I was naked. Somehow as I was running I kept putting clothes on but they kept disappearing then Id fall down. I think that was because of a joke I made once tho lol

Also I loved how they played out the seven sins in the movie Seven. The way they had him unintentionally commit the last sin was epic writing. I freaked out when her head was in that box.

Hereditary kind of fucked me up for a little bit. I have Tourette’s and the tics that this little girl makes in this movie fucked me up for months. I don’t scare very easily, but this one definitely fucked with me a lot; super scary!

If you have Showtime than it’s streaming there now.

MV5BOTU5MDg3OGItZWQ1Ny00ZGVmLTg2YTUtMzBkYzQ1YWIwZjlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAzMTY4MDA@._V1_.jpg
Sooooooo good!