• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I had a very long and meandering dream last night where me and my band-mate were secret agents of some sort, and there was a murder mystery. It seems, thinking back, that there were some drug cartel people we had to take down. It was a really complex plot and it had a bit of an OCD element to it, I was partially waking up sometimes and it seemed very important to me that I follow this dream through to its conclusion... I had phenibut twice this past week and it felt like a very slight phenibut withdrawal effect on my dreams/sleeping quality (difficult to explain but it produces a very trippy/obsessive sort of quality to my dreams, as well as a vividness that I like). We were going all around a mountain environment that was at least very closely related to my "normal" mountain dream world, but also darker, more gritty, somewhat different. There were a variety of shootouts, and a lot of running and hiding, but it was more an exciting/adventure feeling than a frightened feeling. At one point someone got killed, I can't remember who, I think it was my bandmate's girlfriend, and I remember feeling immense sorrow at that and then intense anger at the people who did it. The whole dream was kind of like participating in a psychological thriller crime caper movie.

I had a dream a few nights ago that I am pregnant with a girl. Took a test, definitely not pregnant. Thank you baby Jesus

Sulfur

To see sulfur in your dream represents a higher level of reasoning. You need to trust your intuitive side as well as your rational side.

:unsure:

I bought weed but I wasn't sure it was weed because it was some weird plant material that had sticky stuff sprayed on it or something. Then I found the guy who sold it to me and I was telling him about it and trying to buy something else. Then I was at some sort of party and finished off a fifth of something then was drinking a fifth of tequila. lol

I guess most people would classify this as a "using" dream, but I haven't been craving anything really, nor did I wake up wanting anything.

I was about to be like "why would you even buy that??" until I realized this was the dream journal thread. ?

I've had some crazy dreams these past few nights but nothing really epic. I'll just list the ones that affected my mood somewhat...

Sep 10-11, 2019: "Ex-Girlfriend Destroyed My Art"

My ex was still living with her mother and I brought over some of my artistic "cities" that I made out of old circuit boards to show them. I went back later and they had been left all over the living room floor, getting dirty and stepped on. An eye had also fallen off of a stuffed Nermal toy (the other kitty on Garfield) so I glued it back on.

There was also something about taking a fishing boat all the way to India and catching some exotic fish to have them fry up at a roadside market.

Miscellaneous Dream Musings:

I've noticed that since my dad passed away back in February 2018, my fun dreams (flying, hooking up with random women, etc.) have really become a thing of the past. Before he died, I would have very vivid dreams that often turned lucid. Now when that happens, I'm aware of my waking reality and find it impossible to enjoy whatever's taking place in the dream. I hope that my brain learns to enjoy them again someday.

I LOVE it when I have dreams like that! They're somewhat stressful at the time but my dream emotions are almost always blunted so mostly when I wake up I just like to marvel at how crazy the dream was. It's like having a really difficult trip (except less difficult), but then being glad you had the experience.

(Relating to my "Virtual Reality Nightmare" dream last week....)

I kmow exactly what you mean. It was extremely frustrating and terrifying at the time (and the first 10 minutes or so when I half-woke up after it), but now it absolutely fascinates me to remember it and even try to analyze it a bit. I almost feel as though I learned something about myself by enduring that sense of eternal purgatory, although I'm not sure what the lesson is.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a ton of dreams last night, the last one was like a movie, me and my girl were in it, but the main plot was these 2 crime families or something, it reminded me of the kind of people in The 3 Musketeers, like Spanish people from that timeframe. My awareness followed them around for a lot of the time. I remember the main guy and his lady were really not wanting to join some higher-up ranks or something but they were coercing him to. I can't really remember that well. But me and my girl's paths would cross them, like we were at this party that was at their house. I remember a lot of random moments. Ironically the part I remember the best was when she and I were on some assignment from our boss or something, I think we were supposed to be spying on these people. We had been at a music festival and they left so we had to drive back to where they were going in the middle of the night. We needed to stop to get gas, but her car's windshield started fogging up. She turned on the defogger but it didn't do anything... I was like you have to turn on the A/C (this actually happens all the time). We pulled into a gas station and all of a sudden we were in some completely different place and confused. We got to our boss's house m(or whatever he was) and the guy was like "what the hell were you doing" and showed us on a map how we drove all over the place, we told him we must have been drugged and didn't remember. Then I woke up.

Before that I had a way more vivid and memorable dream. I was sort of overhead looking at the Grand Canyon (well it was supposed to be, it didn't actually look like the Grand Canyon, just a big canyon). George W Bush and Obama were walking down the canyon, like either they were giant or the canyon was tiny. As they walked, they were smiling and carelessly knocking into the sides of it which caused rocks to dislodge. I was talking to some people and I was saying this must not be real because it wouldn't make any sense for these 2 presidents to be so gigantic. But then my awareness zoomed down and I was actually partway up the side of the canyon walls, down below them. I was with a large crowd of people who was cheering for them. All of a sudden I realized that all those rocks they dislodged were boulders, and there was a landslide coming straight toward us. I started screaming at everyone to climb up out of there, I was really terrified (usually my dream emotions are blunted but I felt desperation). But people kept cheering as the landslide bore down on them. It buried tons of people under tons and tons of rock, it filled up the canyon like halfway, right up to the point that I had to dodge some rocks but didn't get buried. I kept imagining what it was like for those people who got crushed and buried... some of them must have been buried alive with no hope of getting out, broken and struggling for air. It was pretty awful. Then I got out and I was in a music festival that was being held next to the Grand Canyon, and everyone was partying, and I kept trying to get people to come help me rescue people from the canyon but everyone was acting like there was nothing to worry about. Then vaguely that dream transitioned into the first one I wrote down, I woke up at some point between them.

Symbolism much? 8)

i had no dreams for so many years, and now i have them quite often.

this one has left me feeling very uneasy so thought i'd share and maybe telling it to the universe will help:

i saw my ex boyfriend, who tried to strangle me multiple times and told the police he was hugging me, with loads of women. i tried to talk to them, explain they were in danger, but it was like they couldn't hear me. i tried to talk to him and he just scowled and walked off every time. i ended up shouting in the street, 'non lethal strangulation is a precursor to lethal strangulation!' and everyone just looked at me like i was nuts (probably what i'd do in that situation). i tried being less aggressive and just asking him if he has had any help. no avail.

it still feel petrified for any woman who gets in a relationship with him. he doesn't think he's done anything bad so won't have got help. i honestly believe he will maim or kill someone.

i had no dreams for so many years, and now i have them quite often.

this one has left me feeling very uneasy so thought i'd share and maybe telling it to the universe will help:

i saw my ex boyfriend, who tried to strangle me multiple times and told the police he was hugging me, with loads of women. i tried to talk to them, explain they were in danger, but it was like they couldn't hear me. i tried to talk to him and he just scowled and walked off every time. i ended up shouting in the street, 'non lethal strangulation is a precursor to lethal strangulation!' and everyone just looked at me like i was nuts (probably what i'd do in that situation). i tried being less aggressive and just asking him if he has had any help. no avail.

it still feel petrified for any woman who gets in a relationship with him. he doesn't think he's done anything bad so won't have got help. i honestly believe he will maim or kill someone.

At least you've escaped that shit bag. People people (not just guys, my ex wife was emotionally and physically abusive but it's much worse when guys do it since guys tend to be stronger - my ex did awful shit to me including almost tearing my eyeball out and telling me she had been a half breath away from stabbing me to death, but at least I was able to defend myself since she was smaller than me) are awful to their partners.

He can't hurt you anymore. ❤ You're a wonderful, beautiful soul, don't let that fucker convince you otherwise!

Some guys (and gals, but usually guys) are pieces of shit. Fuck them, they're garbage humans and we all deserve better. ❤

oh my god!!! were they able to reconstruct your eye? that sounds so painful.

thanks so much for your kind words. and yeah neither of us can be hurt by our horrific ex partners now and hopefully karma will do what the justice system doesn't. nobody ever deserves violence, its taken me a long time to really believe i'm not an exception to that.

She didn't actually almost tear it out but she was going for it and missed, left a deep bloody gouge next to my eye like a quarter inch away.

One time I got so overwhelmed, towards the end, that I punched the refrigerator and broke my hand on it... a room away from her. She told everyone I tried to punch her and she was scared of me. :|

My nights have been alternating between full-blown insomnia (I've had a lot on my mind lately) and resorting to Klonopin for sleep, which always renders me either dreamless or unable to remember them. I'm looking forward to some good REM sleep one of these nights.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Last night I was able to fall asleep without Klonopin for brief periods of time and had a few fragmented dreams. They were too vague to describe in any real detail, so I'll just try to provide the gist...

Sep 30-Oct 1, 2019: "Christmas-Themed Dreams"

My mom's side of the family had a reunion and it seemed to be around Thanksgiving/Christmas time with the decorations and all. There was a photo album that was also able to play videos on certain pages. Some were TV shows and commercials from the 1970's and others were home movies. One depicted an uncle of mine doing a song & dance routine with the actress Valerie Harper!

I was watching a holiday episode of an 80's show like "Dynasty" or "Knots Landing" at home and realized that they were showing them for free at movie theaters downtown. That sounded like more fun, so I ventured out on foot and saw people on the streets dressed up the way they would be for something like "The Rocky Horror Picture Show".

I stepped into a couple of these theaters and they were all decked out with Christmas decorations. Instead of seats, some of them had two-person beds and it seemed to be sort of an orgy scene going on. I felt somewhat uncomfortable and left.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

One of the stranger dreams I've had: I had 6 or 7 cats, one of them was black and wearing a sexy outfit so I tried to have sex with it. I think I was successful but it was inconclusive.