• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘She will never know the pain she has caused’: Family reveal how ‘cheeky and adventur

poledriver

Bluelighter
‘She will never know the pain she has caused’: Family reveal how ‘cheeky and adventurous’ daughter, 20, collapsed and died after taking what she thought was MDMA

Amy Vigus, 20, from Colchester in Essex, died in hospital three days ago
The young woman collapsed at her home after spending the weekend in London
She suffered a reaction to party drug, which she was led to believe was MDMA

The family of a young woman, who died after taking a drug which she thought was ecstasy, have taken to Facebook to warn others about the dangers of drugs.
Amy Vigus, 20, from Colchester in Essex, died in hospital three days ago after collapsing at home.
She suffered a reaction to the party drug, which she was led to believe was MDMA, after returning from two days in London.
Her desperate parents tried to save her before she was taken to hospital. In hospital, she went into a coma and later died.

43884FE000000578-0-Amy_Vigus_from_Colchester_in_Essex_died_in_hospital_three_days_a-m-2_1503609949503.jpg

A video posted on Facebook, where it has been viewed nearly a million times, tells her tragic story and urges people to think twice before taking drugs.
A voiceover in the video released by her family says: 'She will never know the pain she has caused.
'The next time you're in that moment please stop and think about our Amy and the consequences of her mistake on herself and her family she has left behind.'

The video describes how Amy's body rejected the unknown substance she had taken, and reveals her family's anguish as they spent their last moments with her.
The drug led to Amy being 'violently sick and fitting multiple times'.
The voice in the video says: 'Our Amy managed to make it home where she collapsed one more time.

Cont with comments -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4821258/Family-s-warning-girl-dies-taking-MDMA.html

Weird. If your going to take Molly get a test kit and learn how to use it

Hey look, it's the dailyfail! Fuck I hate the layout on their website.

Stuff like this is very sad, but these kind of articles miss the point entirely. Unless you just look as it like a memorial or obit - it's a bit more palatable when viewed from that kind of lens.

Yeah my point in posting it was more so along the lines of I found it a bit weird the way the family stated - ‘She will never know the pain she has caused’...

No shit, cos she's dead. She didn't go out with the intention to cause you guys pain. If she had of died in a car accident I am sure you would feel pain at losing her too.

If she was able to access a pure and set dose of the drug of choice maybe this wouldn't have happened? Also huge amounts more people die from alcohol and those deaths often don't get articles, maybe it's because she is pretty good looking?

Some of the comments after the article were shit as well. It's all too easy for greedy makers to put any sort of shit in the pills or powders, these days more so than ever I believe. It's such a shame. But that's prohibition and the governments laws for you.

It wont stop. There's a lot of money to be made in that game and huge amounts of people who wont to get high and xtc is always wonted, because the real thing can be amayzing. It's always a gamble, and as cj mentioned test kits are always a good idea. But still I am pretty sure they don't alert to many dangerous substances and can be fooled by the mere presence of small amounts of a MDxx substance which may be mixed with a far more dangerous substance in the pill or powder than may not show up in the reagent test kit results. And then the other thing is those dutch pressed pills that sometimes have very large doses of MDMA in them...

It is so frustrating sometimes. Thank you for all your posts in DiTM poledriver <3