View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

‘Drunk’ woman bitten by tiger after breaking into zoo on Halloween

poledriver

Bluelighter
‘Drunk’ woman bitten by tiger after breaking into zoo on Halloween

88b97ad91eb3e98ed1e77a0bb9e84d9f

THERE are many terrible decisions made drunk but a woman in Nebraska may get the prize for the very worst after she apparently decided it would be a nice idea to try and pet a tiger.

The tiger, however, wasn’t so into it and the woman, named by media as Jacqueline Eide, was bitten by the animal “causing severe trauma to her hand”, police said.

Eide, 33, broke into Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium early on Sunday morning during the Halloween prank, police said in a statement.

cb044b6f52fd7d276d0be5e61f1dc859

She evaded security guards and CCTV cameras to make it to the tiger enclosure. When she reached her hand into the cage she was promptly bitten.

She was taken to hospital where she was reportedly aggressive towards staff and showing signs of being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

The Telegraph reported that Eide may lose parts of her fingers and faces charges of criminal trespass.

The animal involved in the incident was believed to be an 18-year-old Malayan tiger named Mai. The tiger is described as “very friendly and pretty trusting” on the zoo’s website.

The zoo said in a statement posted on Facebook that two people had “trespassed after-hours” into the grounds adding that the incident was currently under investigation by the Omaha Police Department.

“The safety and security of our guests and animals are always a priority at Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium,” said Dennis Pate, Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium’s executive director and CEO.

In response to questions about the fate of the animal the zoo confirmed that Mai the tiger would continue to be on display and that no action would be taken against her.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/s...zoo-on-halloween/story-fnjwkt0b-1227591618462

That's pretty stupid. I imagine she wasn't getting shitfaced at the zoo. So the idea had to come up somehow, then she had to travel to the zoo, then she had to find the tiger, and then she had to go and try and pet it. That's a lot of opportunities to realize that this was a bad idea.

At least nothing will happen to the poor tiger who was molested by some drunken idiot

Requires lots of perseverance and dedication to pet a tiger in a closed zoo. I suspect stims (flakka?) somewhere along the line in addition to booze, unless she happens to be one of those 'motivated' drunks.

Seems kind of strange that the zoo had a cage that you could stick your hands into.

Kinda funny, but probably not to her if she loses her fingers.

That's pretty stupid. I imagine she wasn't getting shitfaced at the zoo. So the idea had to come up somehow, then she had to travel to the zoo, then she had to find the tiger, and then she had to go and try and pet it. That's a lot of opportunities to realize that this was a bad idea.
My thoughts exactly.

At least nothing will happen to the poor tiger who was molested by some drunken idiot
Good.

I'm not sure why people who are not trained to work with large cats/wild cats think that they're akin to domesticated cats? Or the worst are the people who think they can keep or raise them as pets.

I've had domesticated cats all my life and yes sometimes they do bite or scratch you when playing or being over stimulated if you pet them and they do not want to be petted as a form of communication, and I would never attempt to be friendly or pet a large cat.

There's a bar at the Sydney zoo, so she possibly could​ have been getting shitfaced at the zoo.

^
They weren't open yet, but you're right that she could get shitfaced there if so desired.

Phew - I'm glad Mai the tiger is okay.

There are reportedly fewer than 500 of these beautiful subspecies of tiger still alive today.

As for the massive tool who somehow reasoned that a wild, territorial, carnivorous, critically-endangered 200 pound cat would tolerate her intoxicated presence, sorry but I couldn't care less if she loses a finger or two. And she should be sentenced to one week of mandatory viewing of Animal Planet.

I wonder what her costume was? If it was like a sexy leprechaun, or sexy steak dinner, I could probably understand why the cat would bite her.....and yes most woman costumes on Halloween are of the sexy variety,

She probably made the cat bug by acting all drunk...sucks she will have life long consequences but really what did she think would happen?

A 33 year old woman pulling this shit, I mean really? I certainly have gotten drunk/fucked up and did stupid things, but I can't really wrap my head around this. Perfect example of Darwinism.