• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thoughts on Clonazolam?

Shorter-acting benzodiazepines are certainly more likely to produce euphoria than longer-acting ones, but if you're looking for a euphoric or truly "fun" recreational drug experience, benzodiazepines will invariably disappoint. If you're more accustomed to substances that produce true euphoria, like opiates, stimulants etc. you'll be more likely to escalate dosage in hopes of attaining a more pleasurable experience. This often leads to blackout/amnesia and as you're probably aware, the consequences of blackout range from mild to life-altering, so they're nothing to joke around with.

This class of drugs are best used for their utility; to mitigate drug withdrawal, alleviate symptoms of stimulant come-down etc. I've used just about every commercially available benzodiazepine ranging from chlordiazepoxide (Librium) to triazolam (Halcion) and have never had never experienced euphoria. IV midazolam (Versed) was alright, as most substances are typically more euphoric when IV'ed, but still nothing to write home about. Barbiturates on the other hand are pretty fun. I've had the pleasure of trying secobarbital while overseas and found it to be pretty enjoyable, like all of the effects of alcohol in a pill without most of the nasty side-effects.

To answer your original question OP, it's unlikely you'll experience euphoria from clonazolam, especially if you didn't experience any from other benzodiazepines. You might just end up blacking out in pursuit of euphoria. I'd save this stuff for more utilitarian purposes. I think you're idea of using clonazolam to abort a bad trip is a much better use for it.

I hope you guys don't think I'm some pill head. I've truly been trying to figure out benzos since I tried Xanax for the first time when I was 15. I've seen and heard of so many people throw their life away and lose everything to addiction to these things. I had just thought that it was because of more than just physical addiction. After all, something generally feels good in order to be taken enough to become addicted. I guess I just don't get it. I don't get how you could let yourself get physically addicted to something that's so powerful and yet you don't get high from it. Even from alleviating anxiety (which I experience in high amounts) still can't be worth life changing addiction. I guess I'll never understand these drugs.

I hope you guys don't think I'm some pill head. I've truly been trying to figure out benzos since I tried Xanax for the first time when I was 15. I've seen and heard of so many people throw their life away and lose everything to addiction to these things. I had just thought that it was because of more than just physical addiction. After all, something generally feels good in order to be taken enough to become addicted. I guess I just don't get it. I don't get how you could let yourself get physically addicted to something that's so powerful and yet you don't get high from it. Even from alleviating anxiety (which I experience in high amounts) still can't be worth life changing addiction. I guess I'll never understand these drugs.

again if you dont have a legit anxiety disorder or fear of flying which is also the reason they are given taking these benzos is pointless
people just dont seem to understand the concept of what benzos were really designed for or why they are prescribed

well no i jumped the gun benzos are the shit for the come down after amp's or if you take something like lsd, mdma they can abort a bad trip

I have crippling anxiety. I cannot see how it's worth it. Even if you have anxiety I only see that being made worse by constant fear of withdrawal forcing you to take more, causing further anxiety of withdrawal, forcing you to take more and so on and so on.
I just don't see why people take these. I mean I get the purpose but the logic is just asinine.

Clonazolam is the most recreational benzo there is imo.

ive taken the Clonozolam blotters and they are worthless imo..i dont get any anxiety relief or euphoria from them..major disappointment as i thought they would be similar to klonopin

I have crippling anxiety. I cannot see how it's worth it. Even if you have anxiety I only see that being made worse by constant fear of withdrawal forcing you to take more, causing further anxiety of withdrawal, forcing you to take more and so on and so on.
I just don't see why people take these. I mean I get the purpose but the logic is just asinine.

its actually quite logical to take an anti anxiety medication when u have anxiety..benzos are the most effective anti anxiety medication that exist but they have nasty side effects..i do believe that some people truly do need benzos daily..

Is this some kind of bastard son of clonazepam and alprazolam? I mean that it has same chemical structure as clonazepam but with triazolo ring? Sounds like truly addictive atleast.

Is this some kind of bastard son of clonazepam and alprazolam? I mean that it has same chemical structure as clonazepam but with triazolo ring? Sounds like truly addictive atleast.

Yes, it is an analogue of clonazepam and alprazolam.

Clonazolam together with flubromazolam are listed as especially problematic due to their potency in this paper "Designer benzodiazepines: A new challenge" http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4471986/.
So there is no doubt that clonazolam is one of the more addictive benzodiazepines.

Be very careful taking this. I love them but know what I can handle. You can seriously kill yourself with this stuff. Half of one is like a Xanax bar.

That's interesting. I don't seem to find benzos to be all that recreational. Maybe I'm just missing something. Did you experience euphoria with it?

If you want something benzo like that can be recreational I'd suggest Phenibut. If you have lots of anxiety the high from any benzo can feel pretty recreational also. When you've felt imprisoned by anxiety and fear, removing all that can feel like the fucking 4th of July. It's party time.

Nice, but VERY strong stuff. .5mg made me black out every time I took it until I built up a tolerance. I also NEVER recommend messing with this unless there's someone sober (and trustworthy) present. And it jacked my benzo tolerance so clonazepam is now useless in my normal doses, but that's probably a good thing anyway because I don't mess with benzos much anymore... Clonazolam sure was fun though, more so than any other benzo I tried, but seriously, make sure you're in a safe environment with people you trust because it's very, very capable of causing blackouts and severely impaired judgement. I never had an embarrassing benzo story until this stuff lol

Oh, and as for addiction-I noticed rebound insomnia/anxiety after using clonazolam about 5 times, not more than twice a week. I haven't used it since. I did use benzos heavily leading up to that though so I'm sure that was a big part of it, but never experienced rebound effects until I tried this.

Be very careful taking this. I love them but know what I can handle. You can seriously kill yourself with this stuff. Half of one is like a Xanax bar.

If by half you mean .5mg, then I have to disagree (though I agree with your general point). I'd compare 5mg to somewhere between 4-6mg clonazepam with no tolerance. Or like being drunk enough to almost end up in the hospital. At least when it comes to amnesia and impaired judgement. So yeah, be careful.

I had severe anxiety and self-diagnosed and self-"prescribed" myself Klonpoin a while ago. After I lost my connect, my life was almost in shambles, but I ordered some clonazolam probably just in time before I would've started having seizures. It was a bad time, and I had to bum stupidly small amounts of xanax off of my girlfriend just to be able to leave my house in the meantime. I continued my clonazolam use until, you can imagine, I lost that connect too. I won't drop any names, but imagine the word "Swedish." I think some people will get it. I'm lucky my doctor ended up being cool and I finally got a klonopin script. I don't expect anyone to get this lucky. Doctor's are almost soul-less nowadays, so unless you have a cool doc, take it easy. Best of luck man.

Too many posters not reading this properly and confusing clonazolam (more properly CLONITRAZOLAM) with clonazepam. Clonitrazolam is the triazolo-analogue of clonazepam and is at least five times higher in potency.
Recreational it may well be, but I am currently looking at alternative pharmaceutical solutions for OCD and this is probably the most promising yet - clients have serendipitously written to say that they have bought these pills from RC vendors and been amazed at how much better they are at tackling their problems than the first line clomipramime and second lines clonazepam, paroxetine and sertraline.
Yes, it DOES give more euphoria than the average benzodiazepine, more on a par with flutoprazepam, flunitrazepam and mexazolam than any others... unfortunately it has been classed as a 'NPS' (New Psychoactive Substance') in the UK, making it temporarily illegal, hampering our efforts to trial it with as many OCD patients in double blind trials, but remaining legal to POSSESS. Odd new law.
Anyway, if any OCD patients are interested in being subjects in the trial, for Research based at University of Glasgow, please get in touch. There are two other substances which show similarly interesting results, and you will not know what you are getting; University Research is exempt from all licencing and other regulatory constraints so this post doesn't break any board rules that I can find. (MODS - feel free to edit if you find something I haven't been able to, to prevent me asking for volunteers). I am also appealing at OCD Tribe so we can get over 250 patients in order to make our stats more meaningful.
Just as a matter of interest, those receiving clonazepam feel that it is a far better treatment than clomipramine, and I question the use of a tricyclic in the first place. SSRIs are notoriously selective in the patients in which they actually work as planned, but for those who DO have a positive experience, they also knock clomipramine down the 'league table' of treatments.
For OCD, generally one uses the highest tolerable dosage the patient is able to cope with, unlike other conditions where the LOWEST effective dosage is considered best.
Incidentally it is NOT new at all, having been discovered and shelved back in the 70s (by the Upjohn company, but I have heard that Sternbach and his team at Roche had synthesised it several years beforehand) before the first triazolo-BZD apart from triazolam itself, alprazolam, was marketed. It is a VERY high potency drug, as strong as brotizolam, average dosage being 0.25mg (250mcg) for anxiety. Clonitrazolam is active at less than 100mcg. It displays hypnotic properties at dosages above 1mg - 1.5mg.
Therefore, if you pick and choose the bits in this thread which can be verified, most of the information regarding this compound is here - it is recognising which is which that is the problem!
Perhaps I should start a new thread to discuss clinical possibilities for this very interesting and maybe incredibly useful blast from the past.

yes it can be used recreationally if you wanted to..if you are a newbie to benzos I would say start at .25mg clonaz that should be a good dose to give euphoria and not put you to sleep.

I know I previously commented on this thread around 7 months ago. But soon after them posts I managed to get hold of Clonazolam (Before the 27th May UK Psychoactive Substances Bill :( ) After using/abusing many of the more commonly available Benzos (Around 25 or so different Benzos). Yeah, you could say I was a bit of fanatic! Anyway, Clonazolam is in my opinion the most potent and recreational Benzo I've ever tried :) Even more favourable to me than Temazepam, Nimetazepam, Flunitrazepam, Midazolam, .. Gave me proper wobbly legs and a great sleep at doses of around 1.5mg and I have a large Benzo tolerance.

Anyway, probably best that it's not so easily available (Although Darkweb it can be found) or else I would have got in to real trouble with this one, as by the time I was consuming my last few orders worth, I was taking 5mg's per dose.

I also found FlubromazePAM to be great, but I went through hellish withdrawals after this was banned, even using doses of Diazepam and/or Diclazepam didn't seem to stave off the withdrawals. My guess is that Clonazolam and/or FlubromazePAM saturate different receptors/sub units than most of the other well known Benzos..

But yeah, definitely the top of tree when it comes to recreational.