• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Chinese "Night Eagle" Drug

DotChem

Bluelighter
Does anybody knows anything about this drug, chemical class-structure wise:
It is a wake promoting nootropic with no cognitive impairment or stimulation or crash .. just keep one straight awake with no need for sleep for up to 4 days ..WITHOUT crashing!! apparently popular with Korean students but I cant find the formula anywhere in western literature. was developed by the Chinese military ca 2002-4 reported first in Wikileaks so no patents or papers of any sort (may be in Chinese or Korean literature??
.. It is NOT a modafinil analog! NOR amphetamine like dopaminergic stimulant .. apparently it is a long acting MT antagonists that messed up with pineal regulated circadian rhythms to keep awake (kind of like opposite of melatonin).. If anybody knows anything about this Night-Eagle drug, I would appreciate the head-up.. Thx

Last edited:
A melatonin antagonist will also make a male body produce more testosterone, which could possibly help in muscle growth.

The SCMP article (from 2011) makes it sound like the Chinese government is keeping the composition a secret. Where did you get the information about its mechanism of action?

I can't find any reference to "Night Eagle" in the English-language scientific literature.

Last edited:
Came up with a (is pbbly) melatonin antagonist, I'll post about it in the ILTDRPOM thread when I'll have access to a PC.
Posted.

Last edited:
@S.I.J:".. sound like the Chinese government is keeping the composition a secret.."

They are! considering they introduced this Night Eagle drug with much fanfare and drama as one of China top 100 scientific achievement, it won't be surprising.. With good reasons: what I didn't mention is that the way it is described by Korean students: you take one pill, stay fully awake fully alert 4 nights straight then sleep 2-3 hours and wake up totally refreshed and fully recovered like you been sleeping 10 hours without crash or the need for more sleep..and repeat! quite amazing IF true!! pretty much makes one a Super(wo)man. It apparently shows up in the streets of Vancouver, Canada among Asian students .. but who knows? could be urban legend! someone scamming them with cheap meth!

The guy who mentioned possible MT antagonism as the MOA is actually a South Korean scientist I met. But just speculations on his part, no hard data afaik. Koreans are spending billion$ researching this type of nootropics: non-dopaminergic wake promoting drug without any other distracting psychoactivity like euphoria of dopaminergics or hallucinations of psychedelics or memory cognitive fuck-up of some cholinergics ..etc. Anybody who would come up with such a pill would make $billions$, believe me..

@poymath:"A melatonin antagonist will also make a male body produce more testosterone, which could possibly help in muscle growth.."
..and make him horny too as a bonus!.. But seriously tho that might explains why the Chinese military would go after this type of drug: pump up the soldier with testosterone while at same time keeping him fully awake and alert for days!.. make sense.. but who knows how that Night Eagle drug works? I'll try to get some data on MT and Orexin ligands and whatever is known on those (will post later)

@Gaffy "Came up with a (is pbbly) melatonin antagonist, I'll post about it in the ILTDRPOM thread when I'll have access to a PC."
can't wait to see. Are they patented compounds? The only selective MT antagonist I know of is Luzindole.. I am not sure if it has been tested in humans and what its effects are.
Thx

Last edited:
Probably none too healthy with regular use, but once in a while, bet it works well in synergy with AMPAkines.

They are! considering they introduced this Night Eagle drug with much fanfare and drama as one of China top 100 scientific achievement, it won't be surprising.. With good reasons: what I didn't mention is that the way it is described by Korean students: you take one pill, stay fully awake fully alert 4 nights straight then sleep 2-3 hours and wake up totally refreshed and fully recovered like you been sleeping 10 hours without crash or the need for more sleep..and repeat! quite amazing IF true!! pretty much makes one a Super(wo)man. It apparently shows up in the streets of Vancouver, Canada among Asian students .. but who knows? could be urban legend! someone scamming them with cheap meth!

The guy who mentioned possible MT antagonism as the MOA is actually a South Korean scientist I met. But just speculations on his part, no hard data afaik. Koreans are spending billion$ researching this type of nootropics: non-dopaminergic wake promoting drug without any other distracting psychoactivity like euphoria of dopaminergics or hallucinations of psychedelics or memory cognitive fuck-up of some cholinergics ..etc. Anybody who would come up with such a pill would make $billions$, believe me..

Very interesting info! Now if only one of those Asian students in Vancouver had access to an NMR spectrometer...

Melatonin antagonists may also have a nootropic effect, especially if they block both MT1 and MT2 receptors. Blocking only the MT2 may have an opposite effect, impairing learning performance.

No reactions on the ILTDPORM about possible Night Eagles; so here's that: (recognise coke core; you're good)
rR2rufM.png

This drug is interesting. The first time I hear of, nothing unexpected but if it should show out that this one really gives you more for less, say one might use it carefully, knowing & watching its limits, and get off with more wakefulness for nothing? Then it'd be a sensation.

(I'm still curious about pemoline and the aminorex based ones like 4-MAR. My only experience was with some 4,4'-DMAR about what I didn't care to think back then but it was impressive stuff with a huge yield and so little (acute) price..I could even sleep while it must have been still in my system. And next day again. Remains to be in the top 3 of drugs I've ever done.)

Last I read it was mesocarb derivatives the Chinese military were playing with. Eugeroics rather than stimulants. In reality, nothing is to be gained from stimulants. You can possibly extend someone's load for 8 hours and 1 Dexi is enough to do that but 'go pills' & 'blue on green' are synonymous to me... having been a green. Coke analogues? Mazindol was the last novel class the US armed forces tested and dropped.

4,4'-DMAR certainly gave me a shitload of serotonin with next to no costs when used below a certain threshold. Apparently it was a monoamine releaser and oxidase inhibitor, yet it was pretty safe when not mixed.. it felt heavy, but also very selective, and in that certain dose range, like almost self-sustaining. So it's possible even with stims to get more out of less than with the amphs but still.. must be something different. (I've decided to hate amphetamine, truly, deeply. No other drug I remember of has a worse use to price ratio, even with Lisdexamph it's that way. MPH, EPH a bit better but almost the same. Am I atypical or do I just know too much about good drugs?)

Why had these fuckers to over-dose the 4,4'-DMAR sample pills they sent out??

Why had these fuckers to over-dose the 4,4'-DMAR sample pills they sent out??

It's a serotonin-releaser AND an MAOI. That idiot 'Dr. Zee' takes credit for it. Ring-substituted ARs aren't MAOIs but efficient synthesis of them needs more study than on-line 'home chemistry' sites.

This article reads like a Chinese Army-sponsored (if not written by them) puff piece on how awesome their military tech is.

Given that no mechanism is provided and no other reliable sources seem to have picked up the story, no samples of the drug have been leaked/tested yet, etc. this could very well be just "flexing" rather than legit.

I'd like to note that everything in this thread is pure speculation. For all we know this "night eagle" drug may not even exist, or may be coffee laced with methamphetamine. Who knows. What i can tell you is no matter what drug you're propping yourself awake with, after 24 hours you're going to have a serious performance hit, and after 3 days you'll be lucky if you're not hallucinating.

A melatonin antagonist sounds like it'd be good on paper but I'm not sure it'd work on its own. There are a lot of factors at play with sleepiness. There's also adenosine, norepinephrine, a couple of peptides, and probably more that will all determine whether someone is sleepy or awake.

Also, something as simple as a MT receptor antagonist surely must have been trialed in humans in the West, no? I know MT agonists have been developed for promoting sleep, ramelteon for instance.

Glad to hear China's answer to Hitler has his people on modern joy-free meth. :| Can't wait for that autocratic state to fail.

It probably doesn't exist. I agree with sekio's sentiment.

You can already stay awake for 4+ days on methamphetamine. I imagine modafinil, 4-methylaminorex or longer lasting psychedelic-like stimulants would work for keeping you up that long.

4,4'-DMAR felt like it might be a candidate for two or three days without cognitive deficits although the empathogenic effects aren't good for army use obviously. And as clubcard said, 4-MAR probably is different then 4,4'-DMAR although it's too said to have nootropic properties, the same rumors as with pemoline .... I'd LOVE to get my hands onto some 4-MAR or derivate again. Would even take that bastard 4,4'-DMAR cause I've binged on it with no repercussions (just 1/4 the dose, once 1/2 hit me like an elephant so decided it was too much). And remember I WAS ON VENLAFAXINE (didn't take them together, kinda "replaced" the venla with 4,4'-DMAR but yeah, you get it. no 14 days in-between by far....probably can consider myself very lucky, already downregulated 5-HT receptors or something alike)

Edit: Oh, I was able to sleep (and eat / feel hunger, thirst) on the DMAR, just had to kinda exhaust my cognitive / emotional energy during daytime. Then it didn't interfere much with the circadian rhythm, maybe even helping with sleep too if the same mechanisms would also make me having more melatonin at night? Very different to any amph / cath like stim with residual stimulation and tired-n-wired phenomenon. No body load / jitteriness to speak of too in that dose range. But taking a second dose would immediately return wakefulness, I just used it very rarely and not to skip full nights..

Last edited:
The aminorexes do sound very enjoyable and with the right use,perhaps acceptable drugs in terms of personal safety, for occasional use.

But don't forget the capacity to cause pulmonary fibrosis, hypertension. And a very steep dose response curve, which is said to be subtle, sneaking up on one without warning until it twats you upside the head.

People won't really notice much difference between AR & 4MAR. Both very nice, neither as good as fencamfamine (or with as many possibilities) and too long acting. The ring-substitution has been exhaustively researched and the outcome was that a 2:1 p/m-Me of both is like MDMA on steroids (and the -Me provides the body with a convenient site to oxidize). The rest are kind of good but not great. It was a long, waste, of time. If the isomers had been resolved, that MIGHT have been better but as it stands, I don't see them as wonderful and they certainly don't fix the deficits of sleep deprivation - I drove 400 yards and STOPPED. Everyone is different BUT I can't honestly see a way around the lack of sleep. Germany ran extensive trials with just 3mg of methamphetamine and concluded that it could extend endurance BUT you have to pay for it.