• Guest, Welcome to FESTIVUS

All I want for Christmas is...

TheLoveBandit

Indefinite break from BL - contact other admin
Okay, the Thanksgiving thread went to hell in a handbasket - after a few serious replies it got over run with TL shitposting. I'm going to request we keep this on on topic, please. If you want to fuck around with your response, take it elsewhere.

In here, I'm going to ask you to answer either of these questions, though answering both is quite welcome as well:

1) What do you MOST want for Xmas this year (or Channukah or whatever you celebrate, we aren't biased :| )

2) What was the best/worst holiday give you ever remember giving/getting?

$$$ for me

For my Bf, alcohol which I already got him.

I also got mine early this year

Like literally celebrating Xmas early this year.

Going to celebrate it again with the fam on the 25th too and looking forward to it.

1). For x-mas, i want a stable job, some cash, and a better relationship with those who care about me. I have enough meth for now.

2). The worst gifts are always those hand-me-down books that neither parties ever have or will read.. I get those from my Aunt and her boy friend a lot. The worst gifts i gave were last year, because i didn't have money to buy any presents. Recently homeless and no SSDI yet, so my sister bought them all for me. When people opened them and said thanks, i was just as surprised as they were.

1) What I really want most (that is a material thing) is a new good electric piano that has fully weighted keys and imitates a grand piano, to practice with at home. But since that's too expensive, I'll have to get it myself after my fecking divorce is finally over. What I'm actually asking for is a loop pedal for my Moog, I have to decide which one.

2) Hmm... the gifts I've felt most excited about in my life were some of my young kid gifts. I got the original Nintendo (NES) for Christmas when I was 6, and I can't remember ever feeling more excited than that in my life from anything. More recently, my girlfriend surprised me by flying to Chicago area from when she went out west to trim buds for 2 months, to spend the holidays with us, and I didn't expect to see her again until January. That was awesome.

1. I'd love to have a Nintendo Switch with SSB Ultimate or Mario Odyssey. Or some furniture. Or a better bed. Or Panthers tickets.

2. In the height of the Pokemon craze, I got a whole shoebox full of booster packs. I had never had more than like 5 boosters at a time, and there was probably 50 in there. It was so awesome opening them one by one.

1) What I really want most (that is a material thing) is a new good electric piano that has fully weighted keys and imitates a grand piano, to practice with at home. But since that's too expensive, I'll have to get it myself after my fecking divorce is finally over. What I'm actually asking for is a loop pedal for my Moog, I have to decide which one.
My ex and I fought over our piano and we eventually compromised when she gave me her dad's old gig electric piano (her dad used to be jazz piano dude). I agreed to it because it has the fully weighted keys like you're playing a real piano. Loop pedals are cool. My ex has one. It was pretty cool to see it in action when she was playing a wedding (she's a violinist) and played Pachelbel's Canon by herself.

My mother called today to see what I wanted. I wanted to tell her cash, with a major unexpected plumbing issue popping up, but that would never fly. I honestly can't think of a single damn thing I want. I don't want clothes (she offered to get me a suit) and I already have at least three suitcases (her other suggestion). I suppose I could ask her for a new garbage disposal if the plumber determines that my old one is shot. I would have asked for a vacuum cleaner (had a Roomba that was stolen in a break-in), but I don't want her throwing it in my face that I collected insurance money for the stolen items.

I got my dad a George Foreman grill one year that he generously re-gifted when he died. Actually, having it is pretty awesome for someone who has a horrible bachelor diet.

Hanukkah gifts are the worst. Since there's eight days, the gifts you get (or at least I got), are pretty trivial. Shit like a box of pencils or a few pieces of Gelt (chocolate made to look like gold coins).

Last edited:
I would like to spend my Christmas with my family and friends and have no drama on that day.

Material thing I need a new hair dryer and I would <3 one

this
HdcnFZQ.png

i've been asking for new shoes because i've about walked a hole in my current pair, but that might be a stupid idea because i'm kinda picky about shoes

also one of those gamecube controller -> usb adapters would be nice so i can play melee netplay and be even more useless than before

i've been asking for new shoes because i've about walked a hole in my current pair, but that might be a stupid idea because i'm kinda picky about shoes

also one of those gamecube controller -> usb adapters would be nice so i can play melee netplay and be even more useless than before

Gamecube controllers are the best. Which fighters do you use on ssb?

That.Is.Awesome.

= = = = =

I'll admit, one image that always comes to mind for me this time of the year is the 1964 tv program for Rudolph that was all stop-motion. There were a lot of stop-motions back in the 60's and 70's.

MV5BMTI5MTQzODIwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDYzNDMwMw@@._V1_.jpg

MV5BMTM1MzM1MzgxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzY5NDI2OA@@._V1_.jpg

I'm curious - what programs, characters, images come to mind for you around this time of year?

I never answered #2

Best gift was being able to sit with my family and open presents one at a time. None of the material stuff mattered. It was just seeing the joy on everyone’s faces.

I’m really going to miss that. :(

Gamecube controllers are the best. Which fighters do you use on ssb?

I used to play YL back in the day, but I switched to Pikachu for competition. Not exactly a top tier but better than YL. I also play a little Marth/Puff/Yoshi/Luigi/Ganon so I don't get bored. Do you play Melee or the new games?

I think I've played like 50 tournament sets and won three. At least I'm on the board lmao.

I honestly can't think of a single damn thing I want. I don't want clothes (she offered to get me a suit) and I already have at least three suitcases (her other suggestion).

Pillowcases?